Aamir Liaquat Hussain - Bio, Net Worth, Death, Age, Wife, Education
Aamir Liaquat Hussain was a Pakistani politician, columnist, and television host. He was a member of the National Assembly of Pakistan from August 2018 to October 2021, when he resigned from the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf. He was often criticized in the media numerous times due to his controversial comments about superstars. Previously, he was a member of the National Assembly from 2002 to 2007 and served as the Minister of State for Religious Affairs from 2004 to 2007 in the federal cabinet of Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz. He was an RJ on FM 101 and hosted Ramadan transmissions including Suhur and Iftar. He started his TV career with Pakistan Television Corporation but was later fired. He also became a founding member of Geo TV in 2001. Further, he has also hosted Pehchan Ramazan in 2012 and Amaan Ramazan in 2013. He ran in the 2002 general election on the basis of his affiliated party Muttahida Qaumi Movement, which was overseen by Pervez. He had spent the previous 12 years working in the print industry as an editor and columnist for several publications. Sadly, he died on 9th June 2022 in his room at his residence due to suffocation, as per police his house was full of smoke due to a generator.
Aamir Liaquat Hussain Death Cause
Aamir Liaquat Hussain died on 9th June 2022 in Karachi. According to a servant, he heard Liaquat scream in pain from his locked room. After enquiring and receiving no reply from him, the servant broke the door and found him unconscious. He was taken to Agha Khan hospital in critical condition where doctors confirmed that he already died before reaching the hospital. Police suspect that the cause of death was suffocating due to gases from a household generator however the confirmed cause of death has not been verified yet. His death cause is suspected due to cardiac arrest.
What was Aamir Liaquat Hussain Famous For?
- Being a politician, columnist, and television host.
- Being listed three times in The 500 influential Muslims worldwide, and was among 100 popular personalities of Pakistan.
What is Aamir Liaquat Hussain Nationality?
Aamir Liaquat Hussain was born on 5th July 1971 in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. He was born to his father, Sheikh Liaquat Hussain, and his mother, Mahmooda Sultana. His father was a politician and his mother was a columnist. He holds Pakistani nationality and his ethnicity is Pakistani-Asian. He lastly celebrated his 50th birthday as of 2021. Cancer is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Islam. He said that he received his Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree from Liaquat Medical College Jamshoro in 1995, and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Islamic Studies in 2002 by a now known degree mill, Trinity College and University (based in Spain but incorporated in Dover, Delaware. He further said he gained a degree of Master of Arts in Islamic Studies in 2002 from the Trinity College and University. Whereas the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan declared the BA degree in Islamic Studies Hussain obtained from Trinity College and University as not recognized and fake in 2006. In 2003, The Guardian reported this university as a scam where one could buy a degree for as cheaply as £150 within 28 days. In addition, the University of Karachi declared his BA degree as fake earlier in 2005. Likewise, he declared his BA degree to the election commission of Pakistan while filing his nomination forms for the 2002 Pakistani general elections. It was reported that Hussain had purchased his degrees from Trinity College and University to become eligible for contesting the elections. In 2002, it was made compulsory for contestants in elections for seats in the Provincial and National Assemblies of Pakistan to hold at least a bachelor's degree. He also claim to have received an MBBS degree from Liaquat Medical College Jamshoro in 1995 and was falsified. Whereas Hussain claimed to have both his MBBS degree in 1995 and BA in Islamic Studies from Trinity College in 1995. It was reported in 2012 that Hussain appeared as a candidate for a Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of Karachi from where he graduated in 2008. In 2010, he was enrolled in the Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science & Technology where he received his master's degree in Islamic Studies, but according to officials there, Hussain never attended a class or sat any exams. In the year 2015, it was reported that Hussain had acquired a fake degree from Ashwood University. According to the Federal Investigation Agency, his profile was noted in Axact's main server. Hussain confessed that he purchased the fake degree from Ashwood University for $1136.
Aamir Liaquat Hussain Career Timeline
- Initially, Aamir Liaquat Hussain was elected as the Member of the National Assembly of Pakistan for the first time in the 2002 Pakistani general election on the ticket of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement from NA-249 (Karachi-XI) constituency.
- Next, he was appointed Minister of State for Religious Affairs and Zakat and Ushar Division in September 2004 in the Shaukat Aziz cabinet.
- He asked religious scholars from Pakistan to issue a 'Fatwa' regarding suicide bombings in May 2005.
- He was attacked by enraged youths during his visit to Jamia Binoria in June 2005.
- He was the minister of state for Religious Affairs until July 2007.
- In 2007, he resigned from politics.
- In 2008, MQM also expelled him from the party.
- He was the founder of the Memhooda Sultana Foundation.
- He joined Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) in March 2018.
- He was re-elected to the National Assembly as a PTI candidate for constituency NA-245 (Karachi East-IV) in the 2018 Pakistani general election.
- On 4th October 2021, he resigned from his National Assembly of Pakistan seat and left Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf.
- Apart from his political career, he was also a radio broadcaster on FM101 who was known for hosting Ramadan transmissions; for Suhur and Iftar, for many years.
- He started his television career at Pakistan Television Corporation but was fired later.
- In 2001, he joined Geo TV as a founding member where he hosted the religious program Aalim Online.
- He left Geo TV in 2010 and joined ARY Digital Network as managing director of ARY Qtv and as executive director of ARY Digital.
- He also hosted the religious program Aalim Aur Aalam there and Pehchan Ramazan in 2012.
- In January 2014, he became the vice president of Geo TV and hosted the game show Inaam Ghar.
- He joined Express Media Group as president and Group Editor of religious content on Daily Express and hosted Pakistan Ramazan in June 2014.
- He rejoined Geo TV and hosted Subh-e-Pakistan from November 2014 and became president of Geo Entertainment in November 2015.
- In 2019, he joined Pakistan Television Corporation.
- In January 2016, it was reported that Hussain would make Pakistani film debut in an upcoming film "Syed Noor".
- In April 2019, he announced that he will play Burhan Wani in Ayub Khoso's upcoming film, based on the Kashmir issue.
- In April 2020, he started hosting a game show called "Jeeway Pakistan" which airs on Express TV.
How much was Aamir Liaquat Hussain Net Worth?
Aamir Liaquat Hussain was a politician, pundit, and television host from Pakistan whose net worth is estimated to have $2 Million or ₹155,584,900 in Rupees at the time of his death. He was living a lavish lifestyle before his demise. His main source of wealth was from a political career.
Who was Aamir Liaquat Hussain Wife?
Aamir Liaquat Hussain had been married thrice during his lifetime. Firstly, he married his wife, Syeda Bushra Aamir. The duo was blessed with two children namely Dua and Ahmed. In June 2018, he confirmed his second marriage to Syeda Tuba Anwar. Their marriage lasted for around three years, In February 2022, Amir married 18-year-old Syeda Dania Shah. In May 2022, his third wife Syeda Dania Shah filed for divorce, after three months of marriage. The News International reported that Hussain physically abused Dania and forced her to make porn videos with his friends. His sexual orientaiton was straight and he was not gay.
How tall was Aamir Liaquat Hussain?
Aamir Liaquat Hussain was a cool man with a standing height of 1.72 m or 172 cm or 5 feet 8 inches. His body weight consisted of 70 Kg or 154 lbs. His eye color was black and his hair color was also black. He wore a glass that perfectly suit him.
Trivias About Aamir Liaquat Hussain You Need To Know.
- Aamir Liaquat Hussain was a member of the National Assembly of Pakistan from August 2018 to October 2021, when he resigned from the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf.
- He was a RJ on FM 101 and hosted Ramadan transmissions including Suhur and Iftar.
- He was listed three times in The 500 influential Muslims worldwide, and was among 100 popular personalities of Pakistan.
- Cancer was his Zodiac sign.
- He married three times during his lifetime.