Last updated on August 23rd, 2023 at 11:09 am
Facts About Aaron Boone
|Celebrated Name||Aaron Boone|
|Age||50 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Aaron John Boone|
|Profession||Former Baseball Player , Manager|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||La mesa, California|
|Mother||Susan G. Roel|
|Grand Parents||Ray Boone|
|University||University of South California|
|Net Worth||$19 million USD|
|Son||Bradon, Jeanol and Sergot|
|Height||6 feet 2 inches|
Aaron Boone is a former American professional baseball player who currently is the manager and broadcaster for the New York Yankees of Major League Baseball(MLB). He has also won the 2003 American League Championship Series with New York Yankees. He played for the Cincinnati Reds, New York Yankees, Cleveland Indians, Florida Marlins, Washington Nationals, and Houston Astros as a baseball player in MLB. He also worked as a game analyst and a color commentator for channel ESPN.
What is Aaron Boone best known for?
- Famous as a former baseball player and the current manager of the New York Yankees.
Trending: MLB suspended Aaron Boone for 1 game for his tirade on Friday
Recently on 19th July 2019, Aaron Boone got suspended by the MLB for his tirade during the game between Yankees and Rays on Friday. The Yankees won the game with a 5-1 score. His tirade "My Guys are fu..... savages" during the game led him suspended. MLB said "He was suspended and fined for his inappropriate action, including the contact with the home plate umpire. After he got suspended, he was not in the manager's seat for Yankees in a game against the Rockies on Saturday. However, his team got a victory against the Rockies in his absence. On 21st July 2019, there is again a game between Yankees and Rockies in his presence.
Where was Aaron Boone born?
Aaron Boone was born on 9th March 1973 in La Mesa, California, US. His birth name is Aaron John Boone. American is his nationality. His ethnicity is White. Pisces is his zodiac sign.
He was born to Bob Boone(father) and Susan G. Roel(mother). He has a brother, Bret Boone. His father was a baseball coach while his brother is also a former baseball player. His grandfather, Ray Boone was also a baseball player in MLB. He was raised in his hometown, California. He did his schooling from Villa Park High School. During his school days, he started playing for the school's baseball team.
As a senior, he was named as the Century League's co-player of the year after he batted 432 with 22 stolen bases for the school's team. Later, he attended the University of South California(USC) and started playing college baseball for the university's team. He also played for Orleans Cardinals of the Cape Cod Baseball league and his team won the league's championship.
Baseball career: Player, Manager
- Aaron Boone started his professional baseball career as a player by being selected in the third round of 1994 MLB Draft by the Cincinnati Reds.
- He made his professional MLB debut for the club in June 1997 in the match where he was ejected after being called out saddling into a home.
- He played with his brother for the club in its last match in the 1998 season along with Stephen Larkin and Stephen's brother.
- In the year 2002, he hit his career-high 26 home runs and played all the matches for the club in the 2002 season.
- He was named as the most valuable player of the team in 2002. He also played in the 2003 MLB All-Star game.
- On 31st July 2003, he was traded to the New York Yankees. In 2003 season with the club, he played 54 games and hit 6 home runs with 31 RBIs.
- He won the 2003 American League Championship Series with the club. In-game 7 of the series, he hit a stunning home run against Boston Red Sox.
- In June 2004, he signed a two-year deal with the Cleveland Indians. He earned around 8 million USD from the club.
- He batted 243 with 16 home runs in 2005 and batted 251 in the 2006 season with the club.
- On 29th December 2006, he signed a one year contract with the Florida Marlins worth $925,000.
- In the year 2007, he moved to Washington Nationals and in the year 2008, he signed a one year contract with Houston Astors.
- On 4th October 2009, he played his last game and announced his retirement from baseball. In the same year, he also underwent open-heart surgery.
- He worked as a game analyst and color commentator for the ESPN channel from 2010 to 2017.
- On 4th December 2017, he was hired as a manager of New York Yankees. He started the 2018 season as a manager with a 6-1 win. He finished the season with a 100-62 record.
- Recently on 19th July 2019, his club defeated Rays and on 20th July, his club defeated the Rockies.
Who is Aaron Boone married to?
The former baseball player, Aaron Boone is married to Laura Cover. The couple tied the knot in 2002. They dated each other since 1999. Laura Cover is an American model and actress.
The couple is blessed with a son, Bradon and a daughter, Bella. The couple has also adopted two children, Jeanol and Sergot.
At present, he lives in Scottsdale, Arizona with his family. He is also active in social media with 65.8k followers on Instagram.
How much is Aaron Boone's net worth?
The manager of the New York Yankees, Aaron Boone has good earning from his profession. He has an estimated net worth of $19 million USD as of 2019.
He also earned a good amount of money from his broadcasting career with ESPN. His worth includes all his property and present earnings.
He earned around $17 million USD as a baseball player in MLB. At present, he is living a luxurious life with his family.
How tall is Aaron Boone?
The 46 years aged, Aaron Boone has an athletic body. He stands at a height of 6 feet 2 inches. He has a body weight of 190 lbs.
He has a fair complexion with brown hair and grey eyes. His shoe size is 8(US).
Trivias About Aaron Boone You Need To Know.
- Aaron Boone has also served as a guest analyst for the MLB Network coverage of the ALCS between the New York Yankees and Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
- He and Jessica Mendoza became color commentators on Sunday Night Baseball with Shulman.