Aaron Hicks - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Family, Salary, Contract, Current Team, Trade, Surgery, Height, Dating, Girlfriend, Kids, Facts, Wiki, Nationality
Aaron Hicks is an American professional baseballer who is playing for the current team, New York Yankees of Major League Baseball (MLB). His playing position for the team is a center fielder. He was drafted by Minnesota Twins in the first round of the 2008 Major League Baseball draft out of Wilson Classical High School as a switch hitter but he made his MLB debut on 1st April 2013, with the Minnesota Twins. He became the center fielder wearing jersey number #32 for the starting team on Mar 24, 2013. He was a top 100 prospect by Baseball America four times. Later, he was traded to the Yankees at the end of the 2015 season. He completed his debut season with the Yankees with 217 batts, eight home runs, and 31 run batts in (RBI). Plays center fielder as the #31. He is currently under a $70 million, seven-year contract with $64 million in guaranteed money over six seasons.
New York Tankee's Aaron Hicks launches the sixth homer
Recent in the news, he went 2-for-4 with a two-run homer and an additional run scored during Saturday's 11-4 win against Miami. As of now, he has a .296 average with two homers and nine walks across his past 12 games. The 30-year-old enters the final game of the regular season with a .230/.386/.424 slash line in 207 plate appearances this season. She has been serving as the primary three-hole hitter, which is a bit puzzling considering he was eighth on the team in slugging. Still, Hicks' greatest asset is his ability to get on base, but the Yankees are only returning a fraction of that value by batting him after the team's two best sluggers. Batting Hicks ninth gives the Yankees a de facto extra leadoff batter. It’s like spotting DJ LeMahieu a man on base half the time he comes up.
- Being a professional baseball player.
- Being center fielder for New York Yankees.
- Being a top 100 prospect by Baseball America four times.
Where was Aaron Hicks grow up?
On 2nd October 1989, Aaron Hicks was born in San Pedro, California, the USA with the real name/birth name of Aaron Michael Hicks. He holds an American nationality and his ethnicity is American-White. His Zodiac sign is Libra and he is Christian by religion. His race is White. As he was born in San Pedro, he was raised in Long Beach. He was interested in playing Golf since his childhood. He was born to his father, Joseph who is a former outfielder for San Diego Padres. He also has a sibling; a brother named Joe Jr. Details about his mother and education has not been disclosed yet. As of 2020, he celebrated his 30th birthday.
How was the Baseball Career of Aaron Hicks?
- Initially, Aaron began his baseball career when he was drafted by Minnesota Twins in the first round of the 2008 Major League Baseball draft out of Wilson Classical High School in Long Beach, California. He played there as a position of a switch hitter.
- During his very first professional season, he was tabbed a 2008 Baseball America Rookie All-Star and named the top prospect in the Twins' organization.
- He then earned a Gulf Coast League postseason All-Star nod by batting .318 with four home runs, 27 runs batted in, twelve stolen bases, and 28 walks for the Gulf Coast League Twins.
- For the Beloit Snappers, he batted .251 with four home runs, 29 RBIs, ten steals, and 40 walks in the year 2009.
- After a year, he hit .279 with eight home runs.
- He then hit .242 with five home run by playing for the Fort Myers Miracle in the year 2011.
- He hit .286 with 13 home runs for the New Britain Rock Cats in the year 2012.
- He batted .222 with the Rochester Red Wings for the 2013 season in AAA.
- It was announced that he would be the starting center fielder for the Minnesota Twins on 24th March 2013.
- He then batted .192 in 281 at-bats, with a .259 on-base percentage in the year 2013, and later, he was named the starting center fielder for the 2014 season amid protest and controversy.
- He hit .201 and was demoted to Double-A on 9th June 2014.
- He hit .256 with 11 home runs and 33 RBIs in 97 games for the season 2015.
- The Twins traded Hicks to the New York Yankees for John Ryan Murphy on 11th November 2015.
- He made a throw that nabbed Danny Valencia at home plate for an out on 20th April 2016 against Oakland Athletics.
- He batted .217 with eight home runs and 31 RBI in the season 2016 in the game span of 123.
- He hit two home runs; one batting left-handed and one batting right-handed on 13th April 2017.
- After a long duration of the game, he suffered an oblique injury in late June, causing him to go on the 10-day disabled list.
- He then ended the season with 15 home runs, 52 RBIs, and a .266 average, all career highs.
- On 30th March 2018, he was placed on the 10-day disabled list due to a strained right intercostal muscle.
- He hit three home runs in one game against the Boston Red Sox on 1st July and ended the season with 27 home runs, 79 RBIs, and 119 hits, all career highs.
- He signed a one-year, $6 million contract to remain with the Yankees on 11th January 2019 and again signed a seven-year, $70 million contract extension, replacing the one-year deal on 25th February.
- The deal includes a $12.5 million club option for 2026, a $1 million buyout, and a $2 million signing bonus.
- He hit a home run that helped the Yankees tie a league record with 27 straight games hitting a home run against the Blue Jays on 24th June.
- He became the first MLB player to hit a home run in Europe during the first inning of the Red Sox-Yankees 2019 London Series on 29th June 2019.
- He told a New York Post reporter that he would be on the ALCS roster against the Houston Astros on 11th October 2019.
- He again faced the injury when it was revealed that he was diagnosed with a right flexor strain in his right elbow since August 3, and that Tommy John surgery would be necessary to correct the problem.
- The 2020 season was delayed by the COVID-19 pandemic by over 4 months.
- He was able to return to play in the intra-squad scrimmage match just 8 months post-surgery.
- The Yankees' English-language radio announcer, John Sterling, has a unique call for every Yankee player after they hit a home run. Hicks's is, "Hicks! Hits one to the sticks!"
Who is Aaron Hicks Dating?
Aaron Hicks is an unmarried man and he is still to get married. He is dating his beautiful girlfriend, Jessica Knoles as of today and he enjoying his present life happily without any disturbances with her. The lovebirds have not married yet, whereas the duo has two beautiful babies together. Their first child Aaron was born on 14th January 2019 and their second baby Jaylen was born in the year 2020. By profession, Jessica Knowles works as a fitness trainer. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Aaron Hicks's Net Worth 2020?
Aaron Hicks is a professional baseball player whose net worth is estimated to have between $10 Million-$20 Million as of 2020. Aaron Hicks signed a one-year $6 million contract to remain with the Yankees on 11th January 2019. Later, on 25th February, he signed a seven-year, $70 million contract extension, replacing the one-year deal which includes a $12.5 million club option for 2026, a $1 million buyout, and a $2 million signing bonus. He is earning a salary of $10 Million per year. His major source of earning comes from baseball career and he is satisfied with his earnings as of now.
How tall is Aaron Hicks?
Aaron Hicks is a very handsome man with an athletic body build. He stands tall at a height of 6 feet 2 inches or 1.88 meters. He has got a balanced bodyweight of around 190 lbs or 86 Kg. He has got a perfect body measurement matching his body height and weight. But the details about his body is still a mystery. He maintains his body a lot to keep himself fit and fine. During his baseball career, he faced many injuries. He suffered an oblique injury in late June, causing him to go on the 10-day disabled list in the 2017 season. He had a right flexor strain injury in his right arm on 10th September 2019. Medical experts ruled him out for the rest of the season citing that the center forward needed surgery. As of now, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards him.
Trivias About Aaron Hicks You Need To Know.
- Aaron Hicks made his MLB debut on 1st April 2013, with the Minnesota Twins.
- He was a top 100 prospect by Baseball America four times.
- He completed his debut season with the Yankees with 217 batts, eight home runs, and 31 run batts in (RBI).
- He is currently under a $70 million, seven-year contract with $64 million in guaranteed money over six seasons.
- He was born to his father, Joseph who is a former outfielder for San Diego Padres.