Aaron Ramsdale - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Contract, Age, Family, Girlfriend, Nationality, Award, Height, Parents, Facts, Career, Current Team, Position
Aaron Ramsdale is a British professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper. Currently, he is playing for Premier League club Arsenal and the England national football team. He began his senior club career playing for Sheffield United and signed for AFC Bournemouth in 2017. Then, he was loaned to Chesterfield and AFC Wimbledon where he played a season with Bournemouth and re-joined Sheffield United in a transfer worth an initial £18 million. After that, he signed for Arsenal in a club-record transfer worth up to £30 million, becoming their most expensive goalkeeper in 2021. Moreover, he has also represented England at all youth levels and won the UEFA European Under-19 Championship in 2017. He has been capped by the England national Under-21 team. His shirt number/jersey number is 32 for Arsenal. Ramsdale is nicknamed Ramsy.
Aaron Ramsdale and Emile Smith Rowe to start for England against San Marino
Ramsdale set to replace Jordan Pickford in goal, while Smith Rowe gets his chance after the withdrawals of Jordan Henderson, Mason Mount, Raheem Sterling and Jack Grealish. Goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale is expected to make his England debut against San Marino on Monday night, with his Arsenal teammate Emile Smith Rowe also expected to make his first England start. England are likely to line up in a 3-4-3 formation, with one of the youngest squads that Gareth Southgate has ever used in his five years in charge.
What makes Aaron Ramsdale so famous?
- Being a professional footballer whose playing position is a goalkeeper.
- Playing for Premier League club Arsenal and the England national football team.
Who are Aaron Ramsdale Parents? Know About His Nationality, Siblings, and Education
Aaron Ramsdale was born with the birth name of Aaron Christopher Ramsdale on 14th May 1998 in Stoke-on-Trent, England. He was raised in the nearby village of Chesterton which is his hometown. He is British as per his nationality and he belongs to British-White ethnic background. He celebrated his 23rd birthday as of 2021 with his parents and close ones. Taurus is his Zodiac sign and he is Christianity by religion. He was born to his parents, Nick Ramsdale and Caroline Ramsdale. He shared a photo with his mother on Instagram during a trip to Times Square in New York City. Also, he has two siblings; two brothers named Edward and Oliver. His father, Nick, was also an athlete back in the day, He was a 400m hurdler. Caroline, his mother, is a retired netball professional.
Ramsdale's early career started at Newcastle-under-Lyme-based club Marsh Town. In 2014, he was identified by The Sentinel as a future prospect after helping his school, Sir Thomas Boughey High School, to reach the English Schools' FA Cup semi-final. He credited Crewe Alexandra goalkeeper coach Fred Barber for helping him in Barber’s soccer schools while growing up in the Stoke-On-Trent area. After graduating from Sheffield United's youth academy, Ramsdale signed a scholarship with the club in May 2014.
Aaron Ramsdale Career Timeline
- Aaron Ramsdale career began with the team, Sheffield United by joining in the year 2013 and after time spent in the Bolton Wanderers youth team.
- He also signed a scholarship with the club in May 2014.
- He appeared twice as an unused substitute during the 2015-16 season against Coventry City and Scunthorpe United.
- He signed his first professional contract with the club in May 2016 and made his professional debut starting in a 6-0 home victory over Leyton Orient in the FA Cup, keeping a clean sheet in the process.
- He also made another appearance in the FA Cup against Bolton Wanderers but lost 3-2.
- He was signed by Premier League club AFC Bournemouth for an undisclosed fee believed to be in the region of £800,000 on 31st January 2017. The move was reported to cost £1 million.
- He was on the bench for the final game of the 2016-2017 season against Leicester City.
- He made both his Premier League debut, and his full debut for Bournemouth in a 1-1 draw against former team Sheffield United.
- Against Watford at home, Ramsdale missed the game due to injury.
- He then returned to the team in the next Premier League game, a 1-0 loss to Norwich City.
- He signed a new, long-term contract with the club in October 2019.
- He kept two clean sheets in the games against Norwich City and Watford.
- On 10th August, he was named Player of the Year by the club's supporters.
- He was loaned out to Chesterfield for the rest of the 2017-2018 season and made his team debut against Accrington Stanley on 6 January 2018, but scored an own goal after he "allowed a seemingly harmless Jackson strike from the right to squirm into the net", in a 4-0 loss.
- He kept a clean sheet in a 2-0 win against Luton Town.
- He made 19 appearances in total for the club in League Two for the 2017-2018 season.
- He joined AFC Wimbledon on loan until the end of the 2018-19 season on 4th January 2019 and made his debut for the Dons in a 3-2 FA Cup third-round victory over Fleetwood Town at the Highbury Stadium on 5th January.
- Against Coventry City, he made his league debut with a draw score of 1-1.
- In the 2018-2019 season, Ramsdale made 20 appearances in total for the club in League One.
- Ramsdale rejoined Sheffield United on 19th August 2020 for a reported fee of £18.5 million on a four-year deal.
- On 20th August 2021, he signed for Premier League club Arsenal on a long-term contract and made his debut away to West Bromwich Albion in the Carabao Cup five days later, and kept a clean sheet as Arsenal won 6-0.
- On 11th September, he made his Premier League where he kept another clean sheet as Arsenal defeated Norwich City 1-0 at the Emirates Stadium.
- He conceded his first goal in a 3-1 home win against Tottenham Hotspur in the North London derby on 26 September.
- He was highly praised in a 2-0 away win against Leicester City for one of his saves and overall performance by pundits including former Manchester United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel, who described his save from a James Maddison free-kick as the "best save I've seen for years".
- He was named Arsenal's Player of the Month for October 2021, with 60% of the vote.
Aaron Ramsdale International Career
- Aaron Ramsdale has represented England at Under 18, Under 19, Under 20, and Under 21 levels.
- In March 2016, he was first called up by England U18.
- Then, he made his debut game against Republic of Ireland U18 on 27 March 2016. England won with a score of 4-1.
- After that, he made another two appearances for the England U18.
- He was called up by England U19 in August 2016 and made his debut on 4 September 2016, in a 1-0 loss against Belgium U19.
- For the England under-19 team, he started all five games that won the 2017 UEFA European Under-19 Championship. He kept three clean sheets in five matches during the tournament.
- Next, he was called up by England U20 in August 2017 and made his debut on 4 September 2017, in a 0-0 draw against Switzerland U20.
- Further, he was called up by England U21s for the first time by Manager Aidy Boothroyd on 18th May 2018 for the Toulon Tournament.
- On 1st June 2018, he received his first cap for the England U21 team playing against Qatar where England win with a score of 4-0.
- He was the first-choice goalkeeper during qualifiers for the 2021 UEFA European Under-21 Championship. Later, England was eliminated.
- On 25th May 2021, he was called up as part of Gareth Southgate's 33-man provisional senior squad for the delayed UEFA Euro 2020.
- He was not named in the final 26-man squad, with goalkeepers Dean Henderson, Sam Johnstone, and Jordan Pickford being selected ahead of him, but was called up to the squad one game into the tournament after Henderson withdrew with an injury.
- Arsenal on 20/08/2021 for 28M €
- Sheffield United on 19/08/2020 for 20.5M €
- Bournemouth on 31/05/2019 at the end of the loan
- AFC Wimbledon on 04/01/2019 on loan
- Bournemouth on 31/05/2018 at the end of the loan
- Chesterfield on 05/01/2018 on loan
- Bournemouth on 31/01/2017 for 940k €
- Sheffield United on 01/07/2016 From Sheff Utd U18
Aaron Ramsdale Awards and Achievements
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship: 2017
- Toulon Tournament: 2018
- UEFA European Championship runner-up: 2020
- AFC Bournemouth Supporters' Player of the Year: 2019-20
- Sheffield United Player of the Year: 2020-21
- Sheffield United Young Player of the Year: 2020-21
Who is Aaron Ramsdale Girlfriend?
Aaron Ramsdale is an unmarried man. Thus, he has no wife as well as no girlfriend at present. He is single at present. Also, he has not revealed and disclosed anything about his partner, relationship, affairs and about his crush with anyone to the public. There is no past rumors and news about linking with any lady. He is currently building his career rather than spending his valuable time being in a relationship. He is straight by sexuality and he is not gay.
Aaron Ramsdale Net Worth: How much is he making annually?
Aaron Ramsdale is a professional footballer whose net worth is estimated to have £30 million as of 2021. Following successive loans to Chesterfield and AFC Wimbledon, he played a season with Bournemouth and re-joined Sheffield United in a transfer worth an initial £18 million. In the year 2021, he signed for Arsenal in a club-record transfer worth up to £30 million, becoming their most expensive goalkeeper. The Daily Mail reported in August 2021 that Ramsdale would be earning around £50,000 per week at Arsenal. Thus, his annual salary is around £2400K. His source of wealth is from his football career and he is leading a lavish lifestyle at present. He drives Audi R8 which is his favorite. His market value is €20.00 Million as of October 2021.
How tall is Aaron Ramsdale?
Aaron Ramsdale is a handsome man who has a tall height of 188cm or 1.88 m or 6 ft 2 in. His body weight consists of 77kg or 170 lbs. His body type is athletic and he maintains his body a lot by doing frequent exercises. He has got a healthy body and he is very conscious about his food intake.
Trivias About Aaron Ramsdale You Need To Know.
- Ramsdale is a West Bromwich Albion fan, and cited an admiration for their former keeper Ben Foster when he played against him in 2019.
- Taurus is his Zodiac sign.
- He was selected as an upcoming prospect by the The Sentinel in 2014.
- He was noticed after assisting his team at Sir Thomas Boughey High School reach the English Schools' FA Cup semi-finals.
- He signed a professional contract with Sheffield United in 2016.
- He made his debut as a member of Bournemouth in a 1-1 draw against his previous team, Sheffield United, on the opening day of the 2019 season.