Abimael Castro - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Family, Girlfriend, Job, Salary
Abimael Castro is an American weather anchor. He is currently working for Noticiero Telemundo 48 Fin de Semana, which airs on Telemundo 48 Bay Area / KSTS, the local station serving the Spanish-speaking community in California's Bay Area. As part of Noticiero Telemundo 48, he reports weather conditions and other news related to climate change and the environment for viewers in the Bay Area. In 2019 he received a grant from the National Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, NOAA for its acronym in English, to conduct research on hurricane risk communication. He advocates for environmental justice, community science, and wildlife protection. Currently, he is the weather anchor for the station’s weekday newscasts that air at 5, 5:30, 6, and 11 p.m. He will make his on-air debut on Monday, Jan. 9, 2023. He won his first Emmy on 13th June 2022 working with Telemundo 48.
Damaris Bonilla, WNEU-WBTS news director, said: "Abimael has a proven track record of reporting weather conditions and news related to climate change and the environment. His vast expertise in hurricane risk communication and storytelling for Spanish-speaking audiences will help us to elevate our already strong weather reporting to keep our audiences informed with the weather information they need. We look forward to Abimael joining our team and for our audiences to meet him."
What is Abimael Castro famous for?
- Abimael Castro is a weather anchor.
- Castro is famous for working at Noticiero Telemundo 48 Fin de Semana.
Where is Abimael Castro From?
Abimael Castro was born in the early 1990s. He is from the USA. He holds American nationality and his ethnicity is American-White. His present age is in his late 20s or early 30s. He follows the Christianity religion. He has not disclosed any details regarding his parents and siblings to the media.
About his education, he graduated with a Bachelor's degree of Science in Geology from the University of Puerto Rico Mayagüez Campus and a minor in Sociology and Environmental Public Policy. Currently, he is studying meteorologist student at Mississippi State University.
What does Abimael Castro do for a living?
- Abimael Castro joined Telemundo 48 on April 5, 2021.
- Before he joined Telemundo 48, he worked as a Research Associate in the TsunamiReady Program of the Puerto Rico Seismic Network and the National Weather Service.
- Moreover, he was a weather reporter for various radio stations in Puerto Rico, as well as for the digital media Tu Noticia PR and La Isla Oeste.
- Similarly, he has also worked as a research assistant in the Sea Grant program.
- He joins WNEU from KSTS San Francisco, where he was a weekend weather anchor since April 2021.
- His contributions to WNEU’s weekend newscasts earned him a 2022 San Francisco Northern California Emmy Award for Best Spanish-language newscast.
- His present job is as an anchor for Telemundo 48.
Who is Abimael Castro's Girlfriend?
Abimael Castro is an unmarried man and he is still to get married yet. He is currently single and he is not dating anyone right now. He is focusing on his career rather than being in a relationship. His sexual orietnation is straight and he is not gay. He is currently residing in San Jose, CA, United States, California.
How much is Abimael Castro's Net Worth?
Abimael Castro is a weather anchor whose net worth is estimated to have below $1 million as of 2022. His main source of wealth comes from an anchoring career. His annual salary is in thousand of dollars. He is living a modest lifestyle right now.
How tall is Abimael Castro?
Abimael Castro is a handsome man with a slim body type. He has got a charming smile with a glowing face attracting a lot of people towards him. He has got brown eyes and his hair color is light brown. He has got a healthy body and he maintains his body a lot.
Abimael Castro On Social Media
Abimael Castro is active on the Instagram platform with more than 1k followers. He has uploaded 302 posts at the time of writing. His IG profile (@abimaeltiempo) is filled with his professional career and weather reports. In addition, his Facebook page (@abimaeltiempo) has over 25K followers. On his Twitter (@AbimaelTiempo), he has more than 4K followers.
Trivias About Abimael Castro You Need To Know.
- He is studying meteorologist student in Mississippi State University.
- He joined Telemundo 48 on April 5, 2021
- He has worked as a Research Associate in the TsunamiReady Program of the Puerto Rico Seismic Network and the National Weather Service.
- He is currently residing in San Jose, CA, United States, California.
- He advocates for environmental justice, community science, and wildlife protection.