Who is Camille Vasquez? Everything to know about Johnny Depp’s lawyer
The defamation trial between Johnny Depp and Amber Heard is wrapping up. Depp's lawyer, Camile Vasquez, has taken center stage this week as his team began their cross-examination of Amber Heard. Camille Vasquez, an attorney with Brown Rudnick, a major international law firm, has been leading the cross-examination. The defamation trial between Depp and Heard is into its final week, and Heard has returned to the stand to give evidence. On Monday, she was cross-examined by one of Depp's lawyers, Camille Vasquez, who attempted to poke holes in her credibility. Many who have been following the trial believe that it will end this week, at which point, the jury will be released to come to a determination.
Who is Camille Vasquez?
Camille Vasquez is an American lawyer, associate licensed attorney, and entrepreneur. She is an attorney with the law firm Brown Rudnick LLP ("Brown Rudnick"). The Orange County-based lawyer currently focuses on the plaintiff-side defamation suits, with additional experience in litigating contract disputes, business-related torts, and employment-related claims. The bio notes that she is "adept at formulating offensive and defensive litigation strategies for private clients," and has "extensive experience handling parallel reputation management and crisis communications issues arising from these engagements." She joined Brown Rudnick LLP as an assistant attorney in March 2018. Currently, she is Johnny Depp's lawyer in his defamation suit against his ex-wife Amber Heard.
Everything to know about Johnny Depp's Lawyer Camille Vasquez
- Camille Vasquez was born in July 1984. As per her birth date, her present age is 37 as of 2021. She will be 38 as of 2022. As her exact birth date is missing; her zodiac sign remains unknown at a moment. She is a follower of the Christianity religion.
- Born in California, the USA; Camille holds American nationality and she belongs to American-Spanish ethnic background. Her race is White. She was born to her father, Leonel, and her mother, Marilia. Her surname Vasquez is of Spanish origin and her Brown Rudnick profile reveals that she speaks fluent Spanish.
- Camille attended and completed her schooling education at Southwestern Law School. She got her J.D. degree from Southwestern Law School in the year 2007. She obtained her Bachelor's degree from the University of Southern California. Moreover, she also took the bar exam in California and was listed on Best Lawyers' "Ones to Watch" in 2021.
- Camille Vasquez is not married yet. Thus, she has no husband. At a moment, she is dating her handsome boyfriend whose name is still to get disclosed yet. She is dating secretly. There is great news and rumors about her relationship with actor, Johnny Deep. But in reality, they are not in a relationship.
- The net worth of Camille Vasquez is estimated to have $1 Million as of 2022. Her main source of wealth is from her law profession. Besides this, she is also making a cool amount of money from her business career.
- At present, Camille Vasquez is a lawyer for actor, Johnny Deep in the $50 million Depp vs the Heard defamation trial at the Fairfax County Circuit Court in Fairfax, Virginia. Johnny Depp alongside her ex-wife, Amber Heard is facing off in court after Depp sued a 35-year-old actress for her defamation after she wrote a piece for The Washington Post in 2018, in which she described herself as a "public figure representing domestic abuse". Amber Heard did not include Depp's name in the article. She has countersued him for $100m, claiming Depp defamed her when his legal team referred to her claims as "fake" and a "sexual violence hoax". They both accuse the other of being physically violent during the relationship. They each deny the other's claims. Back then, the couple released a joint statement when their divorce was finalized saying: "Our relationship was intensely passionate and at times volatile, but always bound by love."