Facts About Adrien Broner
|33 Years Old
|The Problem, Lil Brother, About Billions (AB), The Can Man
|Adrien Jerome Broner
|Boxer , Sports Agent
|Place Of Birth
|5; Adrieon, Admire, Aalayah, KJ Broner, Na'Riya Broner
|Source of Wealth
|5 ft 6.5 in
|68 Kg or 150 lbs
|Wikipedia Twitter Instagram
Adrien Jerome Broner professionally named Adrien Broner is an American boxer who is famous for holding numerous world championships in four weight classes which included the WBO super featherweight title from the year 2011 to 2012, the WBC lightweight title from the year 2012 to 2013, the WBA welterweight title in the year 2013, and the WBA light welterweight title from the year 2015 to 2016. He is well recognized for being ranked as the world's fourth-best light welterweight by the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board, and the eighth-best active welterweight by BoxRec. He was also ranked as the world's fifth-best active boxer, pound for pound by The Ring magazine in December 2012. His recent fight was against Puerto Rican Jovanie Santiago on 20th February 201 on Showtime where he defeated via unanimous decision. His stance is Orthodox. He is nicknamed The Problem, Lil Brother, About Billions (AB), The Can Man. He made his TV show debut in 2011 as himself on the reality TV show "Beauties & the Boss". He has more than 251K followers on his Twitter account and more than 1 million followers on his Instagram account. His highest reach is 69.5 in or 177 cm.
Adrien Broner defeats Jovanie Santiago via unanimous decision
Adrien Broner defeated Jovanie Santiago by unanimous decision in Connecticut as the former four-weight world champion claimed his first victory in over four years after ending a lengthy absence from boxing with scores of 116-111, 115-112, and 117-110 in Connecticut. He showed more urgency in the second half of the fight and Santiago had to withstand a hurtful left hook in the eighth round.
- Being a professional boxer.
- For holding multiple world championships in numerous weight classes including the WBO Junior Lightweight, WBC Lightweight, and WBA Welterweight.
- For his over-the-top antics inside and outside of the boxing ring.
What is the Birthplace of Adrien Broner?
Adrien Broner was born on 28th July 1989 in Cincinnati, Ohio, the USA (birthplace/hometown). His real name/birth name is Adrien Jerome Broner. He was born to his parents; Thomas Knight (father) and Dorothy Broner (mother). As of 2020, he celebrated his 31st birthday. He holds an American nationality and his ethnic background is American-African. His race is Black. Leo is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christian. By the age of six, he started boxing. His mother was extremely supportive and happy at the thought that he had channelized the aggressive streak in the right direction. He has said that the sport saved him from a life on the streets. Details about his education have not been publicized yet.
How was the Boxing Career of Adrien Broner?
- Adrien Broner ended his amateur career with altogether 319 fights with a record of 300 wins and 19 losses.
- On 31st May 2008, he turned professional where he won three consecutive matches against Allante Davis, David Warren Huffman, and Ramon Flores. His fourth fight was against Terrance Jett where he won in the sixth round. Whereas his fifth fight was against Eric Ricker.
- He stepped up to eight rounds in a hard-fought fight with Fernando Quintero, pulling out a controversial majority decision victory in a fight that Quintero took on 4 days' notice.
- In the year 2010, he fought against Rafael Lora, Carlos Claudio, Guillermo Sanchez, Ilido Julio, Tommy Atencio, and more.
- On 5th March 2011, he competed against former Super Bantamweight champion Daniel Ponce de León where he won the fight.
- His next fight was against Jason Litzau and the official end came at 2:58 of the first round.
- With the fight against contender Vicente Martin Rodriguez, he defeated him via knockout in the third round.
- He made his debut lightweight match against Antonio DeMarco where Adrien won the fight in the 8th round.
- After the fight, he said he'd be interested in fighting Mexican boxer Juan Manuel Márquez and current WBO Lightweight champion Ricky Burns.
- He then fought Ring No. 6-ranked lightweight and former WBA champion Gavin Rees where he ended the fifth round teeing off on Rees, with Rees' trainer throwing in the towel from the corner.
- In the welterweight division, he fought against Paulie Malignaggi where Bron won the match in a split decision with one judge scoring the fight 115-113 for Malignaggi, and the other two scorings 117-111 and 115-113 for Broner. He earned a career-high $1.5 million compared to Malignaggi, who also earned a career-high $1.125 million purse.
- Against Maidana, he lost the fight. The judges scored the fight 115-110, 116-109, and 117-109 in favor of Maidana. He exercised his contractual rematch clause on 15th January 2014, to fight Maidana in a rematch.
- In the light welterweight, he fought his first match against Carlos Molina. He outworked Molina winning the fight via unanimous decision where the three judges scored the fight 100-90, 99-91, and 98-92 in his favor.
- He next fights against Emmanuel Taylor. Bron won the fight via unanimous decision with the judges' scorecards as 116-111, 116-111, and 115-112.
- He returned to welterweight and fought against Shawn Porter on 20th June 2015. Broner lost a unanimous decision to Porter with scores of 118-108, 115-111, and 114-112.
- Then, he came back to light-welterweight to fight against Khabib Allakhverdiev. Broner won the fight against Khabib and won the vacant WBA title by TKO in the 12th round.
- He then competed with British veteran boxer Ashley Theophane (39-6-1, 11 KO) on April 1 at D.C. Armory in Washington, DC live on Spike.
- For the second time, he returned to welterweight and fought against Adrian Granados on 11th February 2017 where Broner won the fight.
- After that, he fought against Mikey Garcia on 29th July 2017 where he won the fight with the fight score of 117-111, 116-112, and 116-112.
- He next fought Jessie Vargas and Manny Pacquiao. Against Manny, he lost by unanimous decision with all three judges having to score the fight in favor of Pacquiao 117-111, 116-112, and 116-112.
- He then defeated Puerto Rican Jovanie Santiago after a 25-month layoff on 20th February 201 on Showtime via unanimous decision.
- Outside the boxing, he once posted alarming images and captions on his Instagram page hinting at suicide.
- He was arrested on 20th April 2017 on a warrant stemming from a failure to appear in court for a previous arrest in 2014.
- He was booked into Fulton County Jail in Atlanta on a misdemeanor sexual battery charge but was later released on bail on 13th February 2018,
- On 18th December 2019, he was ordered to pay over $830,000 for sexually assaulting a woman in a Cleveland nightclub on June 18th, 2018 but he failed to pay.
- Regarding his professional boxing record, he fought 40 matches out of which he won 34 via knockout and lost 4 via decision.
Who is Adrien Broner married to?
Adrien Broner is a married man. He married his longtime girlfriend turned wife, Arie Nicole and they have been together for more than five years. Adrien proposed to his spouse in the year 2015. The duo is blessed with three kids; Adrieon & Admire (sons), and Aalayah (daughter). He is also the father of two other kids named Na'Riya Broner and KJ Broner. Details about his past affairs are still to get disclosed yet. As of today, Adrien and Arie are living a happy life without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Adrien Broner Net Worth?
Adrien Broner is a professional boxer who has made a huge amount of money from his boxing career. Adrien is one of the most successful boxers in the world. As of 2021, the net worth of Adrien is estimated to have $6 Million which he made through his professional career. Fighting against Раulіе Маlіgnаggі, hе earned $1.5 mіllіоn and hе аlѕо rесеіvеd $1.25 mіllіоn frоm hіѕ mаtсh аgаіnѕt Моlіnа. Аgаіnѕt а mаtсh wіth Аdrіаn Grаnаdоѕ, he wаѕ аblе tо mаkе $1 mіllіоn. Іn the year 2017, hе wоn оnе mіllіоn dоllаrѕ bу fіghtіng аgаіnѕt Міkеу Gаrсіа. Back in the year 2015, he rejected a five-year deal worth $40 Million from Roc Nation Sports as per sources which he later confirmed the incident in an interview with TMZ Sports. He also failed to pay the fine worth $855,682.03 for assaulting a woman in the year 2018 and declared himself broke. There is no information regarding his salary but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is making a good amount of money from his work. His major source of wealth comes from his boxing career and he is satisfied with his earnings as of today. He is living a luxurious lifestyle from his career earnings.
How tall is Adrien Broner?
With an athletic body build, Adrien Broner stands tall at the perfect height of 5 ft 6.5 in or 169 cm. His balanced bodyweight consists of 68 Kg or 150 lbs. His hair color is black and his eye color is dark brown. He has a thick lip with a round face and his nose is downward pointed. His other measurement has not been publicized yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming smile attracting a lot of people towards him. He has also inked tattoo on his body.
Trivias About Adrien Broner You Need To Know.
- By the age of six, Adrien Broner started boxing.
- He has said that the sport saved him from a life on the streets.
- His stance is Orthodox.
- He made his TV show debut in 2011 as himself on the reality TV show "Beauties & the Boss".
- He ended his amateur career with altogether 319 fights with a record of 300 wins and 19 losses.