Facts About A.J. McCarron
|Celebrated Name||A.J. McCarron|
|Age||32 Years Old|
|Nick Name||A.J. McCarron|
|Birth Name||Raymond Anthony "A. J." McCarron Jr.|
|Place Of Birth||Mobile, Alabama|
|School||Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School from kindergarten to fourth grade, St. Paul's Episcopal School|
|College / University||Alabama Crimson Tide|
|Awards||Maxwell Award and more|
|Children||3; Raymond "Tripp" McCarron III|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Height||1.91 m or 6 ft 3 in|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Current Club||Atlanta Falcons|
A.J. McCarron is an American NFL football quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League (NFL). He signed a one-year contract with the Atlanta Falcons on 30th April 2021. He played college football at Alabama where he became the only quarterback to win consecutive BCS National Championship Games with his victories in 2011 and 2012. He was selected in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft by the Cincinnati Bengals, where he spent four seasons as a backup. He has also played for Buffalo Bills, Oakland Raiders, and Houston Texans. His shirt number/jersey number is 5 for Atlant Falcons.
What is A.J. McCarron Famous For?
- Being an American footballer.
- Being a quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons of the NFL.
Who are the Parents of A.J. McCarron? Know About His Nationality, Family, and Education
A.J. McCarron was born to his mother, Dee Dee Bonner, and his father, Tony McCarron on 13th September 1990. His birth name or real name is Raymond Anthony "A. J." McCarron Jr. He is from Mobile, Alabama, the USA. He holds American nationality and his ethnicity is American-White. His race is White. He also has a younger brother named Corey McCarron who formerly played tight end at Alabama but transferred to play fullback at Middle Tennessee State. He follows the Christianity religion and his Zodiac sign is Virgo. McCarron celebrated his 31st birthday as of 2021.
Focusing on his educational background, McCarron attended Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School from kindergarten to fourth grade before transferring to St. Paul's Episcopal School. He then committed to the Alabama Crimson Tide.
A.J. McCarron Career Timeline
- A.J. McCarron firstly played football at Trimmier Park and then Langan Park in Mobile.
- He went 14-1 and went on to win the state championship against Briarwood Christian School off a missed PAT in his junior season in high school.
- He committed to the Crimson Tide on 3rd May 2008, becoming the only quarterback signed by Alabama for their 2009 recruiting class.
- In his first season at Alabama, he accepted a redshirt and did not play during the season.
- His first collegiate touchdown pass came during the season opener when he connected with wide receiver Julio Jones on a 29-yard pass against San Jose State.
- He passed for a total of 389 yards and three touchdowns during the season.
- In his first collegiate start, he passed for 226 yards and one touchdown with two interceptions as Alabama won 48–7.
- During his first season as starting quarterback, he passed for a total of 2,634 yards with 16 touchdowns and five interceptions, and a BCS National Championship.
- He was named winner of the 2012 CFPA Quarterback Trophy on 22nd January 2013.
- He finished in second place in the Heisman Trophy voting in his 2013 season.
- A.J. McCarron's professional career began when he was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft with the 164th overall pick.
- Then, the Bengals signed him to a four-year, $2.4 million contract with a $181,652 signing bonus on 22nd May 2014.
- He then played in his first preseason game on 14th August 2015, completing 11 of 15 passes for 97 yards against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- He appeared in his first career game against the Cleveland Browns in Week 9.
- He completed his first career pass attempt for a three-yard completion against the St. Louis Rams on 29th November 2015.
- In his first career start, he completed 15 of 29 passes and one touchdown.
- during his 2016 season, he played in one game and recorded no statistics.
- Later, the Bengals and Cleveland Browns agreed on a deal to trade McCarron to Cleveland on 31st October 2017 in exchange for a second and third-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft. But the Browns failed to file the paperwork.
- On 15th February 2018, he won the grievance and became a free agent for the 2018 season.
- He appeared in three games and completed seven passes for 66 yards in the 2017 season.
- Next, he signed a two-year, $10 million contract with the Buffalo Bills on 14th March 2018.
- Then, he suffered a shoulder injury during a preseason game against the Cleveland Browns.
- After that, he was traded to the Oakland Raiders for a 2019 fifth-round draft pick (originally acquired from the Pittsburgh Steelers) on 1st September 2018 and was released on March 14.
- He signed a one-year contract with the Houston Texans on 20th March 2019 and re-signed with the Texans on 30th March 2020 and played against the Chicago Bears.
- He signed a one-year contract with the Atlanta Falcons on 30th April 2021.
- He suffered a torn ACL in the Week 2 preseason game against Miami and was placed on season-ending injured reserve.
A.J. McCarron Awards and Achievements
- 3× BCS national champion (2010, 2012, 2013)
- Maxwell Award (2013)
- Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award (2013)
- Kellen Moore Award (2013)
- First-team All-American (2013)
- 2× Second-team All-SEC (2012, 2013)
A.J. McCarron NFL Career Stats as of 2020
- Passing completions: 109
- Passing attempts: 174
- Percentage: 62.6
- Passing yards: 1,173
- TD–INT: 6-3
- Passer rating: 86.7
A.J. McCarron Wife: Who is he married to?
A.J. McCarron is a married man. He tied a knot to his beautiful long-term girlfriend, Katherine Webb on 12th July 2014. The duo got engaged in March 2014. Their wedding took place in Orange Beach, Alabama, the USA. By profession, Katherine Webb is a model. On 8th December 2015, Katherine announced that they were expecting a baby boy in 2016. Their kid, Raymond "Tripp" McCarron III was born on 24th May 2016. His wife, Webb then gave birth to a second son. In March 2021, she gave birth to the couple's third son. As of today, the happily married couple is enjoying their present life a lot with their children.
His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
A.J. McCarron Net Worth: How much is he making annually?
A.J. McCarron is an American football quarterback whose net worth is estimated to have $5 Million as of 2021. In 2021, he receives a base salary of $1,075,000 and a signing bonus of $137,500, while carrying a cap hit of $987,500 and a dead cap value of $1,212,500. Currently, he plays for Atlanta Falcons in the National Football League, the senior football league in the United States. His main source of wealth is from football career. Today, he is living a luxurious lifestyle from his career earnings.
A.J. McCarron Height and Weight: How tall is he?
A.J. McCarron is a handsome footballer who stands tall at the perfect height of 1.91 m or 6 ft 3 in and his balanced bodyweight consists of 97 Kg. His body type is athletic. His hair color and eye color, both are dark brown. His other body measurement details have not been revealed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body as he maintains his body a lot and he is very conscious about his food intake.
Trivias About A.J. McCarron You Need To Know.
- A.J. McCarron made the cover of Sports Illustrated's October 30, 2013.
- His full name is Raymond Anthony "A. J." McCarron Jr.
- His Zodiac sign is Virgo.
- He played college footballer at Alabama Crimson Tide.
- His professional career began when he was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft with the 164th overall pick.