Al Michaels Bio, Net Worth, Sportscaster, NBC, ABC, Thursday Night Football, Collinsworth, Trade, Salary, Books, Wife, Children, Nationality, Age
An American television sportscaster, Now employed by NBC Sports after nearly three decades (1977–2006) with ABC Sports, Al Michaels is known for his many years calling play-by-play of National Football League games, including nearly two decades with ABC's Monday Night Football and over a decade with NBC Sunday Night Football. He is also known for famous calls in other sports, including the Miracle on Ice at the 1980 Winter Olympics and the earthquake-interrupted Game 3 of the 1989 World Series.
Michaels' move from ABC to NBC in 2006 was notable as it was part of an agreement between the two networks' parent companies, The Walt Disney Company and NBCUniversal, respectively, that allowed Disney to take ownership of the intellectual property of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit from NBCUniversal.
Who are the parents of Al Michaels?
Recalling his early life, Al Michaels was born in Brooklyn, New York City, USA. His birth name is Alan Richard Michaels and his birth sign is Scorpio. He is American by nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. His father’s name is Leonard Michaels and his mother’s name is Lila Roginsky. He has one brother and one sister. His brother’s name is David and his sister’s name is Susan. He grew up in Los Angeles with his parents and siblings.
Regarding his education, He graduated from Alexander Hamilton High School in 1962 and then he enrolled at Arizona State University. He majored in radio and television while minored in Journalism.
What is the profession of Al Michael?
- Talking about his profession, Al Michaels debuted his career with Chuck Barris Production, choosing women to appear on ‘The Dating Game’. In 1968, he continued his career for Hawaii Islanders baseball team. He became the lead announcer for the Cincinnati Reds of Major League Baseball in Cincinnati, Ohio. In 1974, he got Katie Osborne offer from San Francisco Giants and left the Reds.
- He worked as a backup announcer on Monday Night Baseball in 1977. After one year, he became a full-time announcer and became the lead announcer replacing Keith Jackson in 1982. He announced the game 3 of the 1989 World Series. He covered a wide variety of sports over the next 3 decades.
- He aired many prominent events like ‘Stanley Cup Finals’, ‘Tiger Woods Monday night Specials’, ‘1980 Winter Olympics’, etc. and he has been engaged to NBC Sports from 2006 to present.
What are the achievements of Al Michaels?
He became successful in obtaining so many awards and achievements in his life. He is five-time Emmy Award winner for Outstanding Sports Personality, Three-time National Sportscaster of the Year given by National Sportscaster and Sportswriters Association. He was also awarded Sportscaster of the Year two times.
He has been awarded for ASA Top 50 Sportscaster of All Time, Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism in 2002 and Art Gilmore Career Achievement Award for Pacific Pioneer Broadcasters in 2017
Who is Al Michaels married to?
Reflecting his personal life, Al Michaels got married at the age of 22 with Linda Anne Stamaton. The couple tied the knot on 27th August 1966. He has two children named Jenifer and Steven Michales. He is living happily with his family. He has not been involved in any other relationships so far. At present, they seem to be happy and without any sign of separation.
How much net worth does Al Michaels own?
Michaels as an American television broadcaster who has earned a massive amount from his career as a television broadcaster. He has an estimated net worth of around $20 million. He lives an extravagant lifestyle, and Moreover, his mind-blowing annual salary is $6 million. In terms of lifestyle, he drives one of the best selling cats in the United States. He also owns a lavish house in the United States. With such types of earning, he is maintaining his lavish lifestyle.
How tall is Al Michaels?
Observing his body statistics, Al Michaels stands a height of 5 feet 10 inches and he is around 81kg in weight. He has light brown hair and dark brown eyes. He is clean shaved. Other body information is still yet to be disclosed.
Did You Know?
- Was the announcer for the legendary 1980 Olympic Ice Hockey "Miracle on Ice" between team USA and the Soviet team.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6633 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California on October 13, 2004.
- Ranked #9 by the American Sportscasters Association in its list of the Top 50 Sportscasters of All-Time. [January 2009]