Facts About Aldon Smith
|33 Years Old
|Aldon Jacarus Smith
|Place Of Birth
|Raytown High School
|College / University
|University of Missouri
|Unmarried - In a Relationship
|6 feet 4 inches
|Source of Wealth
|Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Aldon Smith is an American football outside linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys of the NFL. He played college football for the University of Missouri. He was chosen by the 49ers with the seventh overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. To know more about him, you can read the below article.
What is Aldon Smith Famous For?
- An American football outside linebacker for the Dallas Cowboys.
Where was Aldon Smith Born?
Going back to his early life, Aldon Smith was born in Greenwood, Mississippi, the USA in the year 1989. Currently, he aged 30 years old. He is of American nationality and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity. Similarly, his parent's and sibling's details are yet to be disclosed. Further, his birth sign is Libra.
For education, He attended Raytown High School in Raytown, Missouri, where he played for the Raytown Bluejays high school football team. Upon graduation, He played for the Missouri Tigers football team while attending the University of Missouri from 2008 to 2010.
Aldon Smith Career Highlights
- Talking about his career journey, Aldon Smith named the Big 12 Defensive Freshman of the Year and a first-team freshman All-American. After the season, he announced that he would forgo his final two years of eligibility and enter the 2011 NFL Draft.
- Before the 2011 NFL Draft, he was projected to be selected in the mid-late first round by mock draft analysis. On the day of the Draft, the San Francisco 49ers decided to draft Smith in the first round with the seventh overall pick.
- After a strong October, He became the first 49ers player since linebacker Patrick Willis in 2007 to earn the NFL Rookie of the Month, he recorded 13 tackles, 6.5 sacks including one that forced a safety as he helped the 49ers to a 6-1 record. In Week 15, Smith recorded 2.5 sacks against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- He also surpassed Charles Haley for the 49ers record for most sacks by a rookie in a single season with 13.0 sacks. He finished with 37 total tackles, four pass deflections, two forced fumbles, and 14 sacks. Smith was half a sack shy of tying the all-time rookie sack record held by defensive end Jevon Kearse despite not starting a single game in his rookie season.
- He was named Defensive Rookie of the Year by Pro Football Writers of America and finished second to Von Miller for the Associated Press NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year Award.
- In the 2012 season, He recorded 19.5 sacks, 66 tackles, three forced fumbles, a pass deflection, and an interception. The 49ers went on to appear in Super Bowl XLVII. In the game, he had two combined tackles as the 49ers narrowly lost to the Baltimore Ravens by a score of 34-31.
- On the NFL Network's NFL Top 100 Players of 2013 ranking, the players voted him the seventh-best player in the league entering the 2013 season, which made him the second-highest ever debut and second-highest defensive player on the list, both behind J. J. Watt. He was also voted the San Francisco 49ers MVP in 2012.
- He missed five games while in rehabilitation. He returned to the team in Week 10 against the Carolina Panthers, but in a backup role, and did not start a game until Week 13 against the St. Louis Rams. He ended the season strong, finishing with 34 tackles and 8.5 sacks. Despite his limited playing time, Smith was ranked #33 in the NFL Top 100 Players of 2014.
- On September 11, 2015, He signed a one-year contract with the Oakland Raiders. He collected two tackles in his first game with the Raiders in the season-opening loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. He got his first start with the Raiders on September 27th, against the Cleveland Browns and finished with 2 solo tackles.
- The following week, he earned his first sack against the Chicago Bears and finished the game with a season-high six tackles. He played his last game of the season on November 15 against the Minnesota Vikings and finished the 14-30 loss with three tackles and a sack.
- On April 4th, 2016, He re-signed with the Raiders. On October 27th, 2016, He applied for reinstatement. However, no reinstatement occurred, resulting in him sitting out the entire 2016 and 2017 NFL seasons.
- Following an alleged domestic violence incident, the Raiders released him on March 5th, 2018.
- On April 1st, 2020, He was offered a one year, $2 million contract by the Dallas Cowboys, which he is expected to sign once he is reinstated. This would be the first time in 4 seasons in which Smith has been on an NFL roster.
Who is Aldon Smith Dating?
Aldon Smith is currently dating Shawna McKnight. The couple started dating in 2016 and have been together for around 5 years. However, the lovebird still together and enjoying the love life happily at present. Previously, he had at least two relationships before this one. However, their name is yet to be disclosed.
What is Aldon Smith Net Worth?
Aldon Smith has the sum of a good amount of money and fame through his profession as a footballer in the field of the sports industry. As per online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $1.3 million at present. However, his salary and asset details are still unknown.
What is Aldon Smith Height?
Taking about his body statistics, Aldon has a height of 6 feet 4 inches and he weighs around 120 Kg. Similarly, He has an athletic body with black hair and brown eyes. His further body information is still under review. Whenever we will be updated, we will let you know.