Facts About Aled Jones
|Celebrated Name||Aled Jones|
|Age||52 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Aled Jones|
|Place Of Birth||Bangor, Caernarfonshire, Wales|
|Father||Derek John Jones|
|Spouse||Claire Fossett (m. 2001)|
|Children||2; including Emilia|
|Source of Wealth||Singer and radio and television presenter career|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
|Links||Instagram Twitter Wikipedia|
Aled Jones is a Welsh singer and radio and television presenter who reached widespread fame during the mid-1980s. Since then he has worked in television with the BBC and ITV, and radio. He is known for the cover version of "Walking in the Air". He was the subject of an Emmy Award-winning BBC Omnibus documentary entitled "The Treble" in June 1985. In 1986, his first biography, "Walking on Air", was published. Jones joined ITV Breakfast in September 2012 where he presented "Daybreak" (2012-2014) as well as he presented "Cash in the Attic" (2010-2012), "Escape to the Country" (2010-2013), and "Going Back Giving Back" (2016-present). He also joined the choir of Bangor Cathedral at age nine and was the lead soloist within two years. Additionally, he was seen on the third series of "The Masked Singer" as "Traffic Cone" in 2022.
Aled Jones Famous For
- Being a Welsh singer and radio and television presenter.
- For the cover version of "Walking in the Air".
Where is Aled Jones from?
Aled Jones took birth on 29th December 1970 in Bangor, Caernarfonshire, Wales. He is Welsh by nationality and Welsh-white by ethnicity. Likewise, his religious belief is in the Christian religion and his race is white. Aled has celebrated his 51st birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Capricorn. He is the son of Nest Rowlands (mother), a teacher, and Derek John Jones (father), a draughtsman for a shipbuilder.
What does Aled Jones do for a living?
- Aled Jones kicks off his career by making his acting debut at the Royal Theatre (Northampton) in Shaun McKenna's adaptation of Richard Llewellyn's "How Green Was My Valley" after which he took the leading role in the long-running production of Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat" at the Blackpool Wintergardens Opera house stage.
- He played the young Tom Gradgrind in a large-scale national touring production of Charles Dickens's "Hard Times" from September 1996 to May 1997.
- He launched his autobiography, "Aled: The Autobiography" in 2005 as well as released his extended autobiography, "Aled Jones: My Story" in 2013.
- Also, he played the lead role of Caractacus Potts in "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" from 3rd July to 20th August 2008.
- He made his West End debut, again playing Bob Wallace in "White Christmas" on 8th November 2014.
- Besides, he was confirmed to take over as stand-in presenter of the early morning breakfast slot on BBC Radio 2 following the departure of Sarah Kennedy on 11th October 2010 and hosted the television and DVD series, "Classical Destinations III", "Aled Jones' Ultimate Travel Guide to Classical Music" in 2011.
- As well, Aled is a presenter on Classic FM as well as on Welsh-English language radio BBC Radio Wales as he joined the BBC, taking over from Don Maclean on "Good Morning Sunday" on BBC Radio 2 in 2006.
- He was also a presenter of "Friday Night is Music Night" and also presents programs for BBC Radio 3, such as "Choir of the Year", "Young Chorister of the Year" and "The Choir" until he left Radio 3 in 2013.
- As a teenager, he presented "Chatterbox" in 1988 and was the subject of "This Is Your Life" in 2003.
- Later his appearance as a contestant on "Strictly Come Dancing" in 2004 brought him to the attention of a wider audience.
- He is one of the main presenters of BBC One's "Songs of Praise" whereas he has also presented editions of "Escape to the Country" for the BBC since 2009.
- He hosted the Australian TV series "Classical Destinations III", and "Aled Jones' Ultimate Travel Guide to Classical Music" in 2012.
- He was confirmed as the new presenter of the ITV Breakfast program "Daybreak" on 4th May 2012 whereas it was announced on 3rd March 2014 that Daybreak was to be replaced by a new breakfast program called "Good Morning Britain".
- He began hosting "Weekend" and was a regular reporter for "Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two", broadcast on BBC Two.
- He has co-presented the daily magazine show "Too Much TV", for BBC Two as well as has presented "Going Back Giving Back" since February 2016.
- In 2022, he starred in the third series of "The Masked Singer" as "Traffic Cone".
Who is Aled Jones's Wife?
Aled Jones is a married man. He met English circus performer Claire Fossett whilst both performed in "Joseph And The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat" in Blackpool, Lancashire. The pair married on 6th January 2001 in Covent Garden, London, and have two children, actress, and singer Emilia and a son Lucas. The couple's relationship is outstanding till now and hopes it will remain as same in the future too. Concerning Aled's sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Aled Jones?
Aled Jones is a versatile guy who has a net worth of $5 million as of 2022. He also earns a handsome amount of salary which is around thousands of dollars per year. He couldn't have been more thankful to God for what He's blessed with. Besides living in a mansion, Aled also wears expensive watches and drives the sleekest and posh cars. In addition, his major source of income is from his singer and radio and television presenter career.
How tall is Aled Jones?
Aled Jones has unarguably accomplished a decent height career-wise. He is considered one of the hottest celebrities of the time. Aled has good-looking blonde hair and brown eyes color. Moreover, his body build type is average.
Trivias About Aled Jones You Need To Know.
- He is known for shows such as Songs of Praise, Escape to the Country, Cash in the Attic, and Weekend.
- Rose to prominence following the release of his cover of the Peter Auty song "Walking in the Air" for the film The Snowman.
- In 2013, he was appointed a Member of the Order of the British Empire.
- He has a daughter named Emilia who has acted in Doctor Who.
- In September 2012, Jones joined ITV Breakfast where he presented Daybreak (2012-2014).