Alex Scott Bio, Net Worth, Age, Dating, Boyfriend, Nationality, Family, Salary, Awards, Height, Ethnicity, Facts, Parents, Retirement, Career, Wiki
Alexandra Virina Scott famed as Alex Scott is a British former professional footballer as well as the presenter of Football Focus. She was famous for playing as a right-back for Arsenal in the FA WSL. She made 140 appearances for the England national team and represented Great Britain at the 2012 London Olympics. She was inducted into the English Football Hall of Fame in 2019. She rose to further fame after she covered the 2018 FIFA World Cup, becoming the first female football pundit at a World Cup for the BBC. After her retirement, she began her career in media as a pundit for BBC Sport and Sky Sports in 2019. She was also named in the 18-player Great Britain squad for the 2012 London Olympics in June 2012. She began her football career by signing with Arsenal in 1992 when she was only eight and she played her last game on 12th May 2018 against Manchester City Women which Arsenal won 2-1. She has also founded 'The Alex Scott Academy' in partnership with Kingston College and Puma in 2011, for female footballers aged 16-19 years. She was appointed Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) in the 2017 New Year Honours for services to football. She was a contestant on the 17th series of Strictly Come Dancing, paired with professional dancer Neil Jones from September 2019 where the pair eliminated in Week 11, coming fifth.
- Being a TV presenter, pundit, and former professional footballer.
- For playing as a right-back for Arsenal in the FA WSL.
- Being the hosts for the 2020 BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards as of December 2020.
What is the Ethnic Background of Alex Scott?
Alex Scott was born on 14th October 1984 in London, England with the birth name of Alexandra Virina Scott. By nationality, she is British and she came from a mixed ethnic background as her mother is Irish and her father is Jamaican. Her race is black. As of 2020, she celebrated her 36th birthday with her dear ones. About her parents, she is the daughter of her mother, Carol McKee, and her father whose name is still a mystery. About her siblings, she has three brothers; her older brother, Patrick, and two younger brothers, Eddie and Joey. She follows Christianity religion and her astrological sign is Libra.
Concerning her educational qualification, she attended St Peter's London Docks Primary school in Wapping.
How was the Football Career of Alex Scott?
- Starting her career, Alex Scott firstly signed with Arsenal in the year 1992 when she was only eight.
- She remained with Arsenal until the 2004-2005 season, after which she moved to Birmingham City. Again, she returned to Arsenal for the 2005-06 season due to Birmingham City's financial problems.
- She helped the club, Arsenal to a domestic double of the FA Women's Premier League and FA Women's Cup. She was also a key figure in Arsenal's historic "Quadruple" season in which they won all of their trophy competitions, including the 2006-07 UEFA Women's Cup.
- For Arsenal, she appeared in 40 games, scoring four goals in the 2006-2007 season. For the 2007-2008 season, she appeared in 21 games, scoring once.
- In the 2008-09 season, Scott scored once in 13 games. In all competitions, she made 24 appearances, adding two goals.
- It was announced on 25th September 2008 that her WPS playing rights had been assigned to Chicago Red Stars. Her rights were traded on 15 January 2009 to Boston Breakers and it was announced on 6 February 2009 that she would be leaving Arsenal to join up with her new team. She played in 17 games for the Breakers in the 2009 Women's Professional Soccer season. She scored one goal and added one assist.
- During her 2010 season, she featured in 21 games and registered two assists. Later, in December 2011, she returned to Arsenal on loan for the duration of a three-match pre-season tour of Japan.
- She was named captain for the 2014-15 season. She did not take part in the 2015 Continental Cup final. However, Arsenal Ladies won.
- She helped take Arsenal to the final of the 2016 FA Cup vs Chelsea which the Gunners won 1-0. She played her last game on 12th May 2018 against Manchester City Women which Arsenal won 2-1.
How was the International career of Alex Scott?
- Alex Scott competed at the U19 and U21 levels for England, including at the 2002 FIFA U-19 Women's World Championship in Canada.
- She made her full debut against the Netherlands on 18th September 2004 & also played in 2005, 2009, 2013, and 2017 editions of the UEFA Women's Championship, as well as 2007, 2011, and 2015 FIFA Women's World Cups.
- She won silver at the 2009 UEFA Women's Euros and bronze at the 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup.
- She retired from international football on 2nd September 2017 however she ended up as the second most capped England player with 140 appearances on the date of retirement.
Career After Retirement
- After her retirement, Alex began her career in media where she appeared on programs such as "Soccer AM" with other minor roles at BBC Sport, BT Sport, and Sky Sports.
- She even appeared in Bear Grylls' ITV show, Mission Survive, which she won in 2016.
- She turned her focus full-time to television broadcasting, co-presenting on Match of the Day Kickabout in 2017.
- She rose to fame after she covered the 2018 FIFA World Cup, becoming the first female football pundit at a World Cup for the BBC. She also covered the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup for the BBC.
- In August 2019, she was announced as the new co-host of Sky Sports' Goals on Sunday alongside Chris Kamara.
- As of December 2020, she was one of the hosts for the 2020 BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards.
- From September 2019, she was a contestant on the 17th series of "Strictly Come Dancing", paired with professional dancer Neil Jones. The couple was eliminated in week 11, coming fifth.
- She has spoken out repeatedly about the sexist abuse she frequently receives on social media because of her role as a football pundit.
- As of May 2021, she was announced as the new presenter of Football Focus, after Dan Walker's decision to step down.
Awards and Achievements
- FA Women's Premier League: 2003-2004, 2005-2006, 2006-2007, 2007-2008, 2008-2009
- FA WSL: 2012
- FA WSL Cup: 2012, 2013, 2015
- FA Cup: 2003-2004, 2005-2006, 2006-2007, 2007-2008, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2015-2016
- UEFA Women's Champions League: 2006-2007
- FA Women's Community Shield: 2006, 2008
- FA Women's Premier League Cup: 2006-2007, 2008-2009
- Cyprus Cup: 2009, 2013, 2015
- UEFA Women's Championship runner-up: 2009
- FIFA Women's World Cup third-place: 2015
Who is Alex Scott's Boyfriend?
Unmarried lady, Alex Scott is not single at present. But she is currently in a beautiful and happy relationship with her handsome boyfriend, Sam Robertson. By profession, Sam Robertson is an actor who stars in Coronation Street. Concerning her sexual orientation, she is straight.
Back then, Alex Scott was in a relationship with Kelly Smith, a former footballer. The duo had also bought a house and lived together in Hertfordshire. The pair also lived with each other after they both traveled to America together to play for the Boston Breakers. Their relationship only ended when Kelly left having met her wife-to-be DeAnna.
What is the Net Worth of Alex Scott?
Talented and successful television presenter, pundit, and former professional footballer, Alex Scott's net worth is estimated to have $40 million as of 2021. The latest paperwork for her company AVS Media Limited shows Scott earned £485,882 last year, including £339,749 in cash. Scott’s cash windfall doesn’t cover her Strictly pay, estimated to be a further £100,000. he and Strictly partner Neil Jones reached the quarter-finals of Strictly in December, earning her a basic £60,000. Her major source of wealth comes from her TV presenting career. With her salary and earnings, she is living a lavish lifestyle.
How tall is Alex Scott?
An ideal personification of brain and beauty, Alex Scott has a slim body build. Alex Scott has become one of the most recognizable faces on television in recent years due to her magnetic personality, knowledgeable analysis of the beautiful game, and appearances on some of our favorite shows. She stands tall at the perfect height of 5 ft 4 in or 1.63 m. Her balanced bodyweight consists of 59 KG. Her hair color is black and her eye color is dark brown. She has a body measurement of 33-26-34 in. Overall, she has got a healthy body with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards her.
Did You Know?
- Alex was just eight years old when she signed with the Arsenal youth team and was originally groomed as a winger before transitioning to right back.
- She won the 2007 UEFA Women's Cup as a member of Arsenal, netting the game-winning goal in the final match of the tournament.
- She is of Irish and Jamaican descent.
- She was a longtime teammate of Fara Williams on the English national team.
- After retirement, she became a broadcaster and was one of the commentators at the 2019 FIFA World Cup.