Alexa Grasso - Bio, Net Worth, Boyfriend, Age, Records, Height, Family
Karen Alexa Grasso Montes professionally known as Alexa Grasso is a Mexican mixed martial artist. At present, she is currently competing in the flyweight division. She is currently signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). As of 14th July 2020, she is #14 in the UFC women's strawweight rankings. She made her MMA debut in the year 2012. She faced Carla Esparza on 21st September 2019, at UFC on ESPN+ 17 where she earned the Fight of the Night award. Recently, against Ji Yeon Kim, she won the fight via unanimous decision.
Alexa Grasso wins flyweight debut with against Ji Yeon Kim
Alexa struggled to find consistency when competing at strawweight. Due to this, she decided to test herself at 125 pounds on Saturday night. With speed, power, and good conditioning, she was able to outstrike and out work Ji Yeon Kim for all three rounds to win a unanimous decision. The judges all scored the fight 30-27 in favor of Grasso. "I feel amazing in this new weight class," Grasso said following the win. "I just wanted to show you that I'm a very, very hardworking person. I love my job. Every time I step in the cage, you can see I'm evolving" she added.
- Being a professional Mixed Martial Artist.
- For competing in the flyweight division under UFC.
What is the Nationality of Alexa Grasso?
Born on 9th August 1993, Alexa Grasso's birthplace is in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. Her real name is Karen Alexa Grasso Montes. By nationality, she is Mexican and she belongs to Mexican-White ethnicity. Her race is White. Leo is her Zodiac sign and her religion is Christian. As of 2020, she celebrated her 27th birthday. She was born to her parents; Luis Grasso (father). She has not revealed detailed information about her mother's name and about her siblings.
How was the Career of Alexa Grasso?
- Alexa Grasso made her professional MMA debut in December 2012 where she amassed an undefeated record of 5 wins (3 by TKO, 2 by decision) and 0 losses.
- On 6th September 2014, she made her Invicta FC debut against Ashley Cummins at Invicta FC 8 where she won.
- She then faced Alida Gray on 5th December 2014 at Invicta FC 10. In the fight, she again won via TKO in the first round.
- After that, she faced Mizuki Inoue on 27th February 2015 where she won the fight. The bout also earned Grasso her first Fight of the Night bonus award.
- Later, due to injury, she withdrew to challenge Livia Renata Souza for the Invicta Strawweight Title at Invicta FC 14 on 12th September 2015.
- Later, she signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) on 11th August 2016 where she first faced Heather Jo Clark and won the match on 5th November 2016.
- She next faced Felice Herrig on 4th February 2017, at UFC Fight Night 104 but lost.
- After that, she faced Randa Markos at UFC Fight Night: Pettis vs. Moreno where she suffered from a UTI Infection and was medically advised to stop cutting weight and be placed on antibiotics, as a result, she came in at 119 lbs, three pounds over the strawweight limit and was fined 20% of her purse that went to Markos.
- After then, she faced Tatiana Suarez on 19th May 2018, at UFC Fight Night 129 but lost.
- She was scheduled to face Angela Hill on August 25, 2018, at UFC Fight Night 135 but she was pulled out from the bout on 19th July 2018, due to knee injury.
- She was expected to face Marina Rodriguez on 2nd February 2019, at UFC Fight Night 144 but it was reported on 17th December 2018, that Rodriguez pulled out of the event due to a hand injury.
- She then faced Karolina Kowalkiewicz on 8th June 2019, at UFC 238 where she won the fight.
- She faced Carla Esparza on 21st September 2019, at UFC on ESPN+ 17 where she earned the Fight of the Night award.
- She was scheduled to face Claudia Gadelha on 18th January 2020, at UFC 246.
- The NSAC decided to remove the fight because competitors are not allowed to compete if the weight between them is over 3 pounds as she weighed in at 121.5, 5.5 pounds over the non-title strawweight limit of 116 lbs.
- She apologized for missing weight and declared she will now be fighting at flyweight.
- On 27th June 2020, she was scheduled to face Ji Yeon Kim at UFC on ESPN: Poirier vs. Hooker but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the bout was rescheduled on 29th August 2020 at UFC Fight Night 175. She won the fight via unanimous decision on 29th August 2020 (Saturday).
- Regarding her MMA records, she fought 15 matches altogether in which she won 12 matches and lost 3 matches.
- Grasso faced Joanne Wood in a re-scheduled bout on March 26, 2022, at UFC Fight Night 205. She won the fight via a rear-naked choke in the first round.
Alexa Grasso wins against Joanne Wood
n a women’s flyweight bout on the main card, Joanne Wood and Alexa Grasso meet Saturday at UFC on ESPN 33 at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. Joanne Wood lost to Alexa Grasso in the bout. Alexa Grasso picked up a personal milestone at UFC Columbus. The flyweight contender scored the first submission victory of her career on Saturday with a rear-naked choke that forced Joanne Wood to tap in the first round of their contest. This is Grasso’s third straight win since moving up to the flyweight division. Grasso scored an early takedown off of a Wood kick and looked to work from inside guard, but Wood was active on defense and the position led to a stalemate. Wood worked to get the fight back to the feet, then had success with her expert muay Thai technique that allowed her to control the range and score from distance. Wood threw a spinning elbow that glanced Grasso’s head. Unfortunately for Wood, it may have also led to her downfall. It was the first submission for Grasso (14-3) in 17 pro bouts and her first finish since a TKO of Alida Gray in December 2014. On the other side, Wood (15-8) loses for a third straight time and has now lost four of her past five fights.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed Martial Arts
UFC Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Fight of the Night (One time) vs. Carla Esparza
- Second most significant strikes thrown in a fight (369) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
Invicta Fighting Championships
- Fight of the Night (one time) vs. Mizuki Inoue
- Performance of the Night (one time) vs. Jodie Esquibel
What is Alexa Grasso's Net Worth & Salary?
Alexa Grasso is a very talented and successful mixed martial artist. She has achieved great success throughout her career. Being a mixed martial artist, she has accumulated a huge amount of money. As of 2020, the net worth of Alexa Grasso is estimated to have $200,000. Her salary/career earning is about $20,000 per fight. She also receives $5,000 extra as a promotional bonus. She has also done endorsement for Reebok. Her major source of earning is from her MMA career. At present, she is satisfied with her earnings.
Who is Alexa Grasso DATING?
Alexa Grasso is an unmarried lady and she is still to get married. At present, she is not single but she is rumored to be in a relationship with Yair Rodriguez who is also a Mexican mixed martial artist. They both have not confirmed their relationship to the media. Besides this, she is enjoying her life a lot without any kind of disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight.
How tall is Alexa Grasso?
Alexa Grasso is amazingly beautiful with an attractive personality. With an athletic body build, Alexa Grasso stands tall at the height of 5 ft 5 in. Her balanced weight consists of 52 Kg or 115 lbs or 8.2 st. She has got a strong body with perfect body measurements. She has a strong body. She maintained her body a lot by doing frequent exercises and work out. She is conscious of her health.
Trivias About Alexa Grasso You Need To Know.
- Alexa signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).
- As of September 23, 2019, she is #11 in the UFC women's strawweight rankings.
- She competed in the 13 bouts and has an outstanding record of 11 wins.