Alexander Skarsgard - Bio, Net Worth, Parents, Siblings, Age, Awards
Alexander Johan Hjalmar Skarsgard, popularly known as Alexander Skarsgard is a Swedish actor. He is best known for his role as vampire Eric Northman in the tv series, True Blood, and Big Little Lies. He won an Emmy Award, Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, and Critics' Choice Television Award for his work in Big Little Lies. He has starred in several movies and television shows, both in Sweden and America.
What is Alexander Skarsgard Famous For?
- For his role as abusive husband, Perry Wright in the drama series, Big Little Lies.
Where is Alexander Skarsgard From?
Alexander Skarsgard was born on 25 August 1976. His birth name is Alexander Johan Hjalmar Skarsgard. His birth place is in Stockholm in Sweden. He holds Swedish nationality. He was born to his father, Stellan Skarsgard, and his mother, My Skarsgard. He has five younger siblings: Gustaf, Sam, Bill, Eija, and Valter. His parents are divorced. His father later married Megan Everett and has two half-brothers, Ossian, and Kolbjorn. He belongs to the white ethnicity and his religion is Atheism. His zodiac sign is Virgo.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Leeds Metropolitan University in England for six months. He later decided to study architecture but eventually chose acting. He studied theatre course at Marymount Manhattan College.
Alexander Skargard Career
- Alexander Skarsgard started his acting career as a child actor at the age of 7. A director friend of his father gave him his first film role in the film, Ake and His World.
- He made his breakthrough in Sweden at the age of 13 after he played the lead role in the Swedish tv show, The Dog That Smiled.
- He quit acting at age 13 after gaining recognition that made him uncomfortable.
- During his break from acting, he served in the Swedish Armed Forces for 18 months, completed his school education, and later studied theatre.
- He eventually returned to acting, landing roles in Swedish films, television, and theatres.
- He landed his first American role via audition in the 2001 spy comedy film, Zoolander.
- He garnered initial recognition after he portrayed US Marine Brad Colbert in the HBO miniseries, Generation Kill in 2008.
- He made his breakthrough after portraying vampire Eric Northman in the tv series, True Blood between 2008 and 2014.
- He won five Scream Awards for his work in True Blood. He was also nominated for Screen Actors Guild Award, Saturn Award, and Teen Choice Award for the same role.
- He won several major awards for his role in the drama series, Big Little Lies from 2017 to 2019.
- He played the role of abusive husband Perry Wright in the series which won him Primetime Emmy Award, Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, and Critics' Choice Award.
- Skarsgard-starring other films are White Water Fury (2000), Wings of Glass (2000), The Dog Trick (2002), Om Sara (2006), The Last Drop (2006), Kill Your Darlings (2006), Exit (2006), Beyond th Pole (2009), Trust Me (2010), 13 (2010), Straw Dogs (2011), Melancholia (2011), Battleship (2012), What Maisie Knew (2012), Disconnect (2012), The East (2013), The Giver (2014), Hidden (2015), The Diary of a Teenage Girl (2015), War on Everyone (2016), The Legend of Tarzan (2016), Mute (2018), The Hummingbird Project (2018), Hold the Dark (2018), The Aftermath (2019), Long Shot (2019), The Kill Team (2019), Passing (2021), and Godzilla vs. Kong (2021).
- He was nominated for Gulbagge Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in the film, The Dog Trick.
- Skarsgard-starred other major tv series are Vita Iogner, Revelations, The Little Drummer Girl, The Stand, and Succession.
- His upcoming films are The Northman and Infinity Pool.
Who is Alexander Skarsgard Wife?
Alexander Skarsgard is not married. He is reportedly single. In the past, he has been romantically linked with several celebrities. He has previously dated Amanda Sefried (2008), Kate Bosworth (2009-2011), Elisabeth Olsen (2012), Ellen Page (2012-2013), and Alexa Chung (2015-2017). He was also romantically linked with Toni Garrn, Margot Robbie, Katie Holmes, Charlize Theron, Lucy Griffiths, Alicia Vikander, and Evan Rachel Wood. More details about his relationships, dating history, girlfriends, and personal life will be updated here.
How Tall is Alexander Skarsgard?
Alexander Skarsgard stands at the height of around 1.93 m i.e. 6 feet and 4 inches tall. He has a body weight of around 192 lbs i.e. 87 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is blue and his hair color is dark brown. His shoe size is 13 (US).
His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Alexander Skarsgard Net Worth?
Alexander Skarsgard is one of the popular Swedish actors who has established himself in Hollywood as well. He has starred in numerous movies and tv shows, both in Sweden and America. Besides acting, he has worked with several brands. He was chosen to model for suit-maker, Hickey Freeman. He has also worked with Calvin Klein. Summing up, the majority of his income comes from his career in the entertainment industry. At present, his net worth is estimated at $14 million.
Trivias About Alexander Skarsgard You Need To Know.
- His father, Stellan is a popular Swedish actor.
- His brothers, Gustaf, Bill, and Valter are also actors.
- He was named Sexiest Man in Sweden five times.
- He had to learn to perfectly speak with an American accent for his role in Generation Kill.
- He had actually auditioned for the role of Bill Compton in True Blood but landed the role of Eric Northman.
- He appeared in Lady Gaga's music video "Paparazzi" and Cut Copy's music video "Free Your Mind".
- He voiced Stefan in the 2009 animated film, Metropia, and voiced Moomintroll in the 2010 animated film, Moomins and the Comet Chase.
- He appeared on the cover of the September 2010 issue of Rolling Stone with his True Blood co-stars Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer.
- It was reported that the role of the Marvel superhero character, Thor was first offered to Alexander.
- He is a longtime supporter of his hometown club, Hammarby Fotboll.
- He donated his autographed items via auction to Hammarby football club to raise funds.
- He received an honorary degree from Leeds Metropolitan University in 2011.
- He identifies himself as a feminist.
- He was the Ambassador for the American team for the Walking With The Wounded fundraising event for wounded soldiers.
- He does not have social media accounts.