Alexandra Burke - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Boyfriend, Family, Ethnic Background, Height, Weight, Parents, Awards, Albums, Salary, TV Shows, Siblings, Wiki
Alexandra Imelda Cecelia Ewen Burke, excellently known as Alexandra Burke is a British singer, songwriter, and actress. She is well recognized for winning the fifth series of the British television series "The X Factor" in 2008. She has been signed to Epic Records, RCA Records, and Syco Music. She lost to Joss Stone as a nine-year-old competing on the British show "Star for a Night". In 2017, she competed on "Strictly Come Dancing". Her first single, "Hallelujah," broke records by selling over 105,000 copies in twenty-four hours whereas she released her debut studio album "Overcome" on 19th October 2009, on Syco music. Alexandra is also known for being the daughter of 1990s Soul II Soul singer Melissa Bell. She replaced Beverley Knight in the lead role of Rachel Marron in the West End musical "The Bodyguard" in June 2014 and commenced a 12-month residency in "Sister Act The Musical", leading the cast as Deloris Van Cartier in 2016. Additionally, it was announced in June 2021 that Alexandra will star in a movie with her character inspired by Tina Turner.
- Being a British singer, songwriter, and actress.
- For winning the fifth series of the British television series "The X Factor" in 2008.
What is Alexandra Burke Real Name?
Alexandra Burke opened her eyes for the very first time on 25th August 1988 in Islington, London, England. She was born with the real name of Alexandra Imelda Cecelia Ewen Burke in a Christian religious family. She is of British nationality and she came from mixed ethnicity as she is of African, Douglas, Indian, Irish, and Jamaican descent. Burke's present age is 33 which she celebrated back in 2021 and as per her birth date, her star sign is Virgo. Thus, her race is black. She is the daughter of her father, David Burke (born 1954), and her mother Melissa Bell (5th March 1964 - 28th August 2017). She also has two siblings named Sheneice (Sister), David (Brother), Aaron (Brother).
Regarding Burke's education, she attended Elizabeth Garrett Anderson School in Islington, Angel. As soon as she received her GCSEs, she left the school to focus on her music career.
Alexandra Burke Career Timeline
- Alexandra Burke began her career giving audition for the second series of "The X Factor" in 2005 where she was Walsh did not choose her for his final four as he felt that she was too young after which she performed Christina Aguilera's "Candyman" and received her first standing ovation.
- She sang what was to become her debut single, a cover of a 1984 song by Leonard Cohen, "Hallelujah", for the first time and with over eight million votes cast in total, Burke was revealed as the winner with 58% of the final vote.
- Then she received a recording contract with the record label Syco, which is co-owned by Sony Music Entertainment.
- It was reported on 13th February 2009 that Burke signed a £3.5 million, five-album US record deal with Epic Records and her first album was originally scheduled for March 2009 whereas the album was released on 19th October 2009 in the UK, titled "Overcome" and her first commercial single from her debut album is titled "Bad Boys".
- Burke confirmed on 19th July 2009 that she had signed a six-figure contract with Italian fashion designers Dolce & Gabbana, to become the face of a new fashion line.
- She confirmed on Twitter on 12th March 2012 that "All Night Long" would be her new single, featuring Pitbull and her next single was a completely new song, "Start Without You", which was released on 5th September 2010.
- In June it was reported that she had signed a record deal with RCA Records and the album will be jointly handled by Syco and RCA Records.
- Her lead single from the album titled "Elephant", which is produced by Erick Morillo, was released on 11th March 2012 as well as she announced in mid-April 2012 that her second studio album's title would be "Heartbreak on Hold" which was released on 4th June 2012.
- It was reported in February 2012 that Burke had left the Syco label to join RCA Records and it was revealed in September 2012 that she would take part in "Les Miserables" for Children in Need.
- She released her first holiday extended play, "Christmas Gift" in December 2012 and signed a deal with a US management company after impressing former Def Jam president Kevin Liles during a meeting with him in New York in May 2013.
- On 10th June 2013, she made her U.S. performance debut at Apollo Theater as part of the line-up for The Apollo Theater Legends Hall of Fame 2013 and released her second EP, "#NewRules" on 30th August.
- Subsequently, she made her West End debut on 2nd June 2014 as a leading cast member in the £5 million productions of "The Bodyguard" at London's Adelphi Theatre, taking over the lead role from Beverley Knight.
- It was announced on 8 January 2016 that she would also be taking over the lead role of Deloris Van Cartier in the all-new UK touring production of "Sister Act The Musical".
- She was announced as a contestant for the fifteenth series of "Strictly Come Dancing" on 21st August 2017 where she made it to the final, in which she was beaten by Joe McFadden.
- It was announced on 22nd December 2017 that Burke had signed with Universal Music Group's Decca Records for her third record, "The Truth Is", which was released on 16th March 2018.
- She guest star as Roxie Hart in the London West End production of "Chicago" for an eight-week run and reprised her role as Rachel Marron in a worldwide touring production of "The Bodyguard" which finished in late 2019.
- Additionally, she will play the Narrator in the West End revival of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" from 12th July 2021.
- It was announced she was due to star as Julianne Potter in "My Best Friend's Wedding The Musical" based on the 1997 film beginning September 2021 on a UK and Ireland tour however, this was canceled due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- It was announced in June 2021 that Alexandra will star in a movie with her character inspired by Tina Turner.
- As well, Burke can also be seen as a contestant in the 2021 TV series "Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins" and "The Great Celebrity Bake Off For Su2c".
Awards and Achievements
- Glamour Women of the Year Awards for Best Newcomer
- Urban Music Award for Best Album 2010
- Urban Music Award for Best Collaboration
- Urban Music Award for Best Music Video
- BT Digital Music Awards for Best Female Artist
- XS AWARDS for Best British Star
- WSC Gala Awards 2010 for Best Female Artist
- Glamour Women of the Year Awards for Best UK Musician/Solo Artist
Who is Alexandra Burke Dating?
Alexandra Burke is an unmarried lady. She is currently in a relationship with footballer Darren Randolph. She announced on 14th February 2022 that they were expecting a baby, due in June 2022. Previously, in January 2018 she became engaged to stage manager Joshua Ginnelly. In July 2019, three weeks after separating from her fiance, Burke was photographed with new boyfriend Rotherham United defender Angus Macdonald during their date at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships. By August 2019, Macdonald had been diagnosed with bowel cancer, an illness he later recovered from. The couple's affectionate relationship and Burke's acknowledged supportive role sustained the relationship until the couple announced their separation on 21st October 2020. Furthermore, talking about Burke's sexual orientation, she is straight.
Alexandra Burke announces she's pregnant with the first child in the loved-up video on Valentine's Day
Alexandra Burke has revealed she is expecting her first child. The former X Factor winner shared the news of her pregnancy with footballer Darren Randolph in an adorable video she posted on Instagram. The clip, posted to Alex's thousands of followers, showed the parents-to-be walking their dogs in a park. The couple were video holding hands and taking selfies together before revealing Alexandra's blossoming baby bump. The one-minute video saw Darren bend down and kiss her baby bump before the happy couple shared a kiss.
The clip then fast-forwards to show the beaming couple at home, snuggling up on the sofa surrounded by bunches of beautiful flowers. Alexandra is also seen standing in front of a window caressing her bump before laughing and smiling with her other half. The video then ends with the Alexandra and Darren sharing another kiss in the park. "Due June 2022," the singer and theatre star simply captioned the post.
How much is Alexandra Burke Net Worth?
Alexandra Burke has a net worth of $8 million as of 2022. She also earns a fine amount of salary which is around $381,920 per year. Burke was announced as the first-ever brand ambassador for Sure Women, starring in a television advertisement for the company. She first signed a merchandise contract when she agreed to become the face of the company, Dolce & Gabbana in the United Kingdom and Ireland. She also launched her own lipgloss range, "Lip Boom", in partnership with MUA Cosmetics in March 2012 and was announced as the ambassador for Slimfast in April 2016. This endorsement was ongoing in 2019. In addition, her major source of income is from her singer, songwriter, and actress career.
What is the Height of Alexandra Burke?
Alexandra Burke is a beautiful singer who stands at an ideal height of 5 ft 4 in or 163 cm with a balanced bodyweight of 57 kg or 126 pounds. She has good-looking dark brown hair and eyes color. Alexandra gained some weight back in 2011, but it seems she made some changes in her lifestyle and eating habits and returned back to amazing shape. Moreover, Burke has a slim body build with 35-26-37 in or 89-66-94 cm of body measurement.
Trivias About Alexandra Burke You Need To Know.
- In 2017, she competed on Strictly Come Dancing.
- She lost to Joss Stone as a nine-year-old competing on the British show Star for a Night.
- Her first single, "Hallelujah," broke records by selling over 105,000 copies in twenty-four hours.
- She is the daughter of 1990s Soul II Soul singer Melissa Bell.
- She became a fan favorite on The X Factor after performing the Beyonce song "Listen."