Last updated on May 20th, 2022 at 01:53 pm
Facts About Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
|Celebrated Name||Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez|
|Age||33 Years Old|
|Nick Name||AOC, Sandy|
|Birth Name||Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez|
|Place Of Birth||New York City, U.S|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|High School||Yorktown High School|
|Marital Status||Unmarried - In a Relationship|
|Height||5 feet 5 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Body Measurement||29-27-34 inches|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Net Worth||$200 Thousand|
|Source of Wealth||Political Career|
|College / University||Boston University; College of Arts and Sciences|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor's Degree in International Relations and Economics|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is an American politician, democratic socialist and activist. She became the youngest female ever to get elected to Congress. She defeated Democrat Joe Crowley in June 2018 and Republican Anthony Pappas in November 2018. She currently represents New Yorks's 14th district in the US House Representatives. She announced her Green New Deal initiative in February 2019. Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez famous for?
- An American politician and activist who serves as the U.S. Representative for New York's 14th congressional district.
Where is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez born?
Recalling her early life, Alexandria was born in New York City, U.S. in the year 1989 into a Catholic family; Blanca Ocasio-Cortez and Sergio Ocasio. Currently, she aged 30 years old. She also has a younger brother, Gabriel. Similarly, She is American by nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. Her birth sign is Libra and she has faith in Catholicism.
Which institution does Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez go to study?
Concerning her education details, Alexandria attended Yorktown High School, from where she graduating in 2007. Later, she enrolled at Boston University in 2008. She graduated from Boston University College of Arts and Sciences with a BA in 2011, majoring in international relations and economics.
When did Alexandria Ocaso-Cortez begin her political career?
- Upon graduation, Alexandria worked as a community organizer. Her work was highlighted in Bernie Sanders' 2016 presidential campaign. She also worked various jobs in food services, most notably as a bartender in Manhattan, New York.
- In June 2018, She defeated incumbent Joe Crowley in New York's Democratic primary. She went on to defeat Republican Anthony Pappa in the November 2018 general election. She was sworn into office on January 03rd, 2019 by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
- At the age of 29, She became the youngest woman to get elected to Congress. She supports several causes, including affordable housing, Medicare for all and more affordable college education.
- She also supports criminal justice reform and the abolition of the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
- In February 2019, He introduces her Green New Deal resolution. It aims at issues ranging from climate change to economic inequality.
- In April 2020, she was one of 77 representatives to call for public reports of data regarding COVID-19 cases in nursing homes and long-term care facilities.
- In a nearly 90-minute Instagram Live video made in February 2021, she said that she had previously experienced sexual assault, and recounted her experience of fear during the 2021 storming of the United States Capitol, when she was in her office (in the Cannon House Office Building).
- She also said she had hidden in her office bathroom before being startled by a Capitol Police officer who entered her office suite and shouted "Where is she?" before ordering her and her staff to evacuate to a different House Office Building.
- She added the officer did not self-identify, and said she first believed the officer's voice was that of an attacker. She described sheltering in place in Representative Katie Porter's office and preparing for what she believed would be an assault by rioters on their offices. She said, "I had a very close encounter where I thought I was going to die."
- She reacted to the 2021 Texas power crisis by organizing a fundraiser to provide food, water, and shelter to affected Texans.
- On 15th April 2021, she alongside other three senators called a press conference to announce a bill that they have introduced to implement postal banking pilot programs in rural and low-income urban neighborhoods where millions of households cannot access or afford standard banking services.
- On 5th November 2021, she was one of six House Democrats to break with their party and vote against the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, as it was decoupled from the social safety net provisions in the Build Back Better Act.
Is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez married or not?
Reflecting on her personal life, Alexandria is yet to be married but she is currently engaged to her boyfriend-turned fiance, Riley Roberts who is a web developer by profession. They got engaged in April 2022 while visiting Alexandria's parents' home town in Puerto Rico. She wrote on Twitter: "It's true! Thank you all for the well wishes". She added "No future details yet, we're taking some space to savor this time before diving into planning." They have dated for several years before their engagement. The lovebirds are planning to get married soon. The duo met each other at Boston University. At that time, they both were students. She revealed that they met at a Friday conversation hosted by the dean of the university. They also collaborated on the Netflix documentary "Knock down the House" which chronicled Alexandria's ascent to prominence in American politics. They shared a one-bedroom apartment in the Parkchester neighborhood of the Bronx. Later, they moved to Washington D.C, the USA.
The couple officially adopted a French bulldog puppy. named Deco.
Her sexual orientation is straight.
How much is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's worth?
Being a politician and educator, Alexandria earns a decent amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of education. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth is said to be $200 thousand at present. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?
Observing her body physics, Alexandria stands at a height of 5 feet 5 inches and weighs around 60 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of black eyes and dark brown hair color. Further, She used 8 shoe sizes, and her body measures 29-27-34 inches.
Trivias About Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez You Need To Know.
- She used to work as a bartender and waitress in Manhattan.
- She has an asteroid named for her, 23238 Ocasio-Cortez (2000 WU111), due to winning second place in the 2007 Intel International Science and Engineering Fair.
- Her father died of lung cancer in 2008.