Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:16 am
Facts About Alireza Jahanbakhsh
|Celebrated Name||Alireza Jahanbakhsh|
|Age||29 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Alireza Jahanbakhsh Jirandeh|
|Place Of Birth||Jirandeh, Iran|
|Father||Rahim Jahanbakhsh Jirandeh|
|Mother||Tahere Mehregan Fard|
|Source of Wealth||Football career|
|Net Worth||$1 million to $5 million|
|Salary||£2,600,000 per year|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Alireza Jahanbakhsh Jirandeh, professionally known as Alireza Jahanbakhsh is an Iranian professional footballer. He comes to light for playing as a winger and attacking midfielder for Eredivisie club Feyenoord and the Iran national team. His jersey number is 7. He joined NEC in 2013 after spending two years with Damash Gilan and went on to play for AZ from 2015 until 2018 when he joined Brighton & Hove Albion. He became a member of the Iranian national team in 2013. Alireza started his youth career with Payam Alborz Qazvin in 2005 and debuted professionally for Damash Tehran in 2010. Also, he was voted as the second greatest young talent of the 2013-2014 Eredivisie season. Jahanbakhsh represented Iran at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, 2015 AFC Asian Cup, and 2018 FIFA World Cup. Moreover, he is also active in social media as he has earned more than 1.8M followers on his Instagram account and over 20.9K followers on his Twitter account.
Alireza Jahanbakhsh Famous For
- He is an Iranian professional footballer.
- He plays as a wingerand attacking midfielder for Eredivisie club Feyenoord and the Iran national team.
Where is Alireza Jahanbakhsh from?
Alireza Jahanbakhsh opened his eyes for the very first time on 11th August 1993 in Jirandeh, Iran. He was born with the real name of Alireza Jahanbakhsh Jirandeh in a Christian religious family. He is of Iranian nationality and he came from Tat ethnic background. Jahanbakhsh recently celebrated his 29th birthday in 2022 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Libra. Thus, his race is white. His father's name is Rahim Jahanbakhsh Jirandeh and his mother's name is Tahere Mehregan Fard. He also has two siblings a sister named Sahebeh Jahanbakhsh and a brother named Mohammadreza Jahanbakhsh.
What team does Alireza Jahanbakhsh play for?
- Alireza Jahanbakhsh kicks off his career playing in Rasht and Persian Qazvin before joining the youth academy of Damash Tehran in 2008 as he began his football career in Tehran with Damash Tehran in the 2nd Division.
- He played his first game for Damash Gilan in the Iran Pro League against Mes as one of Damash's youngest ever players in 2011 and scored his first goal on 15th January 2012 in a 1-0 victory against Fajr.
- He scored 10 goals in 42 league appearances with Damash.
- Alireza reached a verbal agreement with Dutch Eredivisie outfit NEC for a three-year deal on 26th May 2013 and officially joined the club on 1st July 2013.
- He then made his debut as a substitute in a league match against Groningen on 3rd August 2013 and scored his first goal in an 8-0 win over Harkemase Boys in the KNVB Cup.
- He scored and assisted at FC Groningen while providing a secondary assist on 15th February 2014 against RKC Waalwijk on 22nd December.
- He came on as a substitute after the half and provided an assist to Michael Higdon in their 2-2 draw at Heerenveen when NEC was down 2-0 at halftime on 22nd March.
- He scored two late goals against Ajax to save NEC from automatic relegation, instead securing a relegation playoff spot on the final day of the 2013-2014 season.
- He was originally voted as Eredivisie's greatest talent of the season before becoming runner-up to Memphis Depay.
- He scored a goal in a 3-1 win against FC Eindhoven on the opening day of the 2014-2015 Jupiler League and on 29th August, he scored two goals and provided two assists in a 4-1 win at Helmond Sport.
- He scored a goal and provided an assist in a 2-1 win against Almere City to send NEC to the Eredivisie play-offs as quarter-season league champions on 3rd October and was named the Best Player of the First Period of the 2014-2015 Jupiler League on 17th October 2014.
- He scored a bicycle kick and was named man of the match in the 3-1 win over Helmond Sport on 1st February 2015, in his first game upon his return from the 2015 AFC Asian Cup.
- Jahanbakhsh was selected by fans as NEC's player of the season at the end of the season and was voted as Eerste Divisie's best player for the 2014-2015 season on 12th May 2015.
- Alireza signed a five-20year contract with Dutch club AZ Alkmaar on 3rd August 2015 and made his Eredivisie debut for AZ on 12th September 2015 in a 3-1 win over De Graafschap.
- On 1st October 2015, he made his UEFA Europa League debut in a 2-1 group stage win over Athletic Bilbao and recorded his first assist for AZ on 21st November 2015 in a 3-1 victory against Heerenveen.
- He scored his first goal for AZ on 30 January 2016 in a match against his former club NEC as well as Jahanbakhsh scored his second goal of the season and also recorded his fourth assist on 13th February 2016 in a 6-3 victory over Heracles Almelo.
- He scored his first goal of the season against FC Utrecht on 28th August. The match ended 2-1 and Jahanbakhsh scored the winning goal.
- He scored a brace and recorded an assist on 13th January 2017, as well as being named man of the match in a 3-1 victory against Go Ahead Eagles.
- He subsequently scored his first goal of the season in a 2-1 win over Utrecht on 21st August 2016 and on 16th February 2017, he scored his first ever European goal in a 4-1 loss to Lyon in Round of 32 of the Europa League.
- He was named the best winger of the 2016-2017 season in the Dutch League.
- He scored a hat trick and recorded an assist on 18th April 2018 against Vitesse in the 2017-2018 Eredivisie as well as scored another hat trick on the last match day to become the leading goal scorer of the Eredivisie season with 21 goals, and also finished joint third with 12 assists.
- He became the first Asian player ever to become the top goalscorer in a top-level European league.
Brighton & Hove Albion
- Jahanbakhsh transferred to Premier League side Brighton & Hove Albion for an undisclosed club record fee, signing a five-year contract on 25th July 2018.
- He made his debut for Brighton as a substitute in the club's opening match of the Premier League season against Watford on 11th August 2018.
- He scored his first goal for the club on his first start against Bournemouth on 28th December 2019 and scored an equalizing bicycle kick goal for Brighton against Chelsea on 1st January 2020.
- Later the goal against Chelsea was voted by people as the Premier League Goal of the Month for January, which Alireza described as the best goal he has ever scored.
- Jahanbakhsh scored a cracker in the next game, a 4-0 home thrashing over Portsmouth in the EFL Cup on 17th September and scored again 6 days later again coming in the EFL Cup, this time a 2-0 away win over Preston.
- He began in Brighton's 3-2 home victory over champions Manchester City on 18th May 2021, with fans returning to football. Brighton came back from 2-0 down to secure their first win over "The Sky Blues" since 1989.
- Jahanbakhsh joined the club on a 3-year contract with an option for the fourth year on 17th July 2021 and made his debut for Feyenoord on 29th July in the second leg of the UEFA Conference League tie against FC Drita where he began the match but was later substituted in the 3-2 home victory, with Feyenoord also going through 3-2 on aggregate.
- Alireza scored his first two goals for the club on 12th August by scoring Feyenoord's first two goals in a 3-0 win against FC Luzern in the third qualifying round of the 2021-2022 UEFA Europa Conference League.
- He made his league debut for the Rotterdam side on 22nd August starting in the 2-0 home victory over Go Ahead Eagles.
- Alireza Jahanbakhsh was part of the squad that played at the 2010 AFC U-19 Championship in China, playing in two games.
- He captained the group in the national under-20 team for their successful 2012 AFC U-19 Championship qualification by scoring 5 goals in four appearances.
- He added two more to his tally against the United Arab Emirates and South Korea at the championships and was called into Iran's Olympic qualifiers in March 2015 and was named team captain.
- With his presence, the under-23 team qualified for the 2016 AFC U-23 Championship in Qatar whereas he was not released by AZ Alkmaar as the 2016 AFC U-23 Championship was not held during the FIFA International Match Calendar.
- He was called up to Team Melli in a 2015 Asian Cup qualifier against Thailand by manager Carlos Queiroz on 5th October 2013, and he served his first cap as a substitute in the 82nd minute.
- His first national team goal came in his second game on 15th November in a 3-0 win at Thailand and on 1st June 2014, he was called into Iran's 2014 FIFA World Cup squad by Carlos Queiroz.
- Alireza was called into Iran's 2015 AFC Asian Cup squad on 30th December 2014 by Queiroz as he scored Iran's second goal in June 2016 in a 2-0 World Cup qualifier victory against Qatar.
- Also, he was named in Iran's squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia in May 2018. He played all three group matches against Morocco, Spain, and Portugal.
- He was selected for Iran's 23-man squad for the 2019 AFC Asian Cup in December 2018 and on 16th January 2019, Jahanbakhsh made his competitive debut in a 0-0 draw against Iraq in the last match of the group stage
- He scored his first goal in the tournament in the 2-0 victory against Oman in the latter match.
- Apart from football, he said in January 2020 that he posted on Instagram a photo of Iranian major general Qasem Soleimani, who was killed at the 2020 Baghdad International Airport airstrike, and that the post was taken down.
Awards and Achievements
- Eerste Divisie: 2014-2015
- KNVB Cup runner-up: 2016-2017, 2017-2018
- UEFA Europa Conference League runner-up: 2021-2022
- Eerste Divisie First Period Player of the Season: 2014-2015
- Eerste Divisie Best Player of the Season (Gouden Stier): 2014-2015
- Eredivisie top scorer: 2017-2018 (21 goals)
- Premier League Goal of the Month: January 2020
- Feyenoord Goal of Season: 2021-2022
- Feyenoord on 17/07/2021 at 1.1M €
- Brighton & Hove Albion on 25/07/2018 at 19M €
- AZ Alkmaar on 03/08/2015 at 1.8M €
- NEC Nijmegen on 01/07/2013 at 250k €
- Damash Gilan FC on 01/07/2011 for free
- Damash Teh on 01/07/2010 From Damash U19 for free
Is Alireza Jahanbakhsh Married?
Alireza Jahanbakhsh is a married man. He tied a knot with his beautiful wife Sahebeh Jahanbakhsh and has one child. They both seem extremely happy in their domestic life as there's much love between the two. The couple is having a good time together, which signifies they do not have affairs with other people. Hope the pair's relationship gets much stronger in the coming days too. Reflecting on Alireza's sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Alireza Jahanbakhsh Net Worth?
Alireza Jahanbakhsh has accomplished heights in his career that normally take an individual a lifetime to achieve. He has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2022. He also earns a handsome amount of salary which is around £2,600,000 per year. His current market value is $3.85m whereas his highest market value is $19.80m as of 16th July 2018. Alireza is outfitted by German sportswear manufacturer Adidas. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
How tall is Alireza Jahanbakhsh?
Alireza Jahanbakhsh is a handsome footballer who stands at an ideal height of 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in) with a balanced body weight of 172 lbs. His physique combined with his perfect height and masculine look takes him to the top of the desired list in the young gen women. Alireza has dark brown hair and eyes color. Besides, his body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Alireza Jahanbakhsh You Need To Know.
- He became a member of the Iranian national team in 2013.
- He went on to play for AZ from 2015 until 2018 when he joined Brighton & Hove Albion.
- He began his youth career with Payam Alborz Qazvin in 2005.
- He represented Iran at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, 2015 AFC Asian Cup and the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
- He and Ali Daei both represented Iran in international competition.