Alison dos Santos - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Height, Facts, Records
Alison dos Santos is a Brazilian athlete. He competes in 400 meters hurdles. He won a gold medal at the 2019 Pan American Games, a bronze medal at the 2020 Olympic Games, and became the World Champion in 2022. He holds several records in specific events. He has set a personal best time of 46.29 which is a world record in the 400 m hurdles event. He represents the club, Pinheiros-SP and is coached by Felipe de Siqueira da Silva.
What is Alison dos Santos Famous For?
- Became the World Champion in 2022.
- Won a bronze medal at the 2020 Olympics.
Where is Alison dos Santos From?
Alison dos Santos was born on 3 June 2000. His full name is Alison Brendom Alves dos Santos. He was born in Sao Joaquim da Barra, Sao Paulo in Brazil. He holds Brazilian nationality. He belongs to the African ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. When he was 10 months old, he suffered third-degree oil burns on his head which left him characteristic scars for life. He spent several months in hospital to recover from the injury. Before turning to athletics, Alison took judo. He was nicknamed Piu around this time. However, he chose athletics over judo.
Alison dos Santos Career
- Alison dos Santos was already competing among adults at the age of 16. At the 2018 World U20 Championships, he won a bronze medal. He won a gold medal in the 400m hurdles event at the 2019 Pan American Games. He was only 19 at the time. He also broke his personal record as well as the South American U20 record with a time of 48.45. His performance in the Pan American Games qualified him for the 2020 Summer Olympics.
- He won the gold medal in the 400m hurdles at the 2019 Summer Universiade. He then competed at the 2019 World Athletics Championships in September 2019. He broke his personal record with the time of 48.28 in the final, where he finished in 7th place, 0.25s away from the bronze medal.
- He broke his own Brazilian record with a time of 48.15 in Des Moines, the USA in April 2021. The following month, he broke the South American record set by Panama's Bayano Al Kamani with a time of 47.84 in the Mt.Sac stage of the Continental Athletics Tour. He broke the South American record again with a time of 47.57 in Doha, Qatar in the Diamond League in May 2021. He reached 3rd in the world ranking and his time of 47.57 placed him as the 22nd best runner in the race of all time.
- He set a new South American record with a time of 47.38 in the Oslo stage of the Diamond League in July 2021. This time placed him as the 15th best runner in the history of the race. Three days later, he won the Stockholm Diamond League stage improving his South American record with a time of 47.34.
- At the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, he qualified for the final of the 400m hurdles as well as setting a new South American record with a time of 47.31. He won the bronze medal in the final improving his South American record with a time of 46.72. At age 21, he became the 3rd best in the history of the race.
- He made the 2nd best Brazilian mark in history in the 400m, 44.54 in April 2022. The performance gave him the index to qualify for the Eugene World Championship. He won a gold medal in the Doha stage of the Diamond League in May 2022. He won a gold medal in the Stockholm stage of the Diamond League in June 2022.
- He broke the South American record and the World Championship record in the 400m hurdles with a time of 46.29 at the 2022 World Athletics Championships. In doing so, he defeated Karsten Warholm and Rai Benjamin to become the world champion.
Who is Alison dos Santos Wife?
Alison dos Santos is not married. He is reportedly single. His social media handles do not reflect that he is currently dating anyone.
He lives in Brazil.
What is Alison dos Santos Height?
Alison dos Santos stands at the height of 2 m tall. He has an athletic body build. Being an athlete, he maintains his body perfectly well. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. He has a short-trimmed hairstyle. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Alison dos Santos Net Worth?
Alison dos Santos earns from his professional career as an athlete. Specializing in the 400m hurdles event, he became the world champion in July 2022. His income comes from prize money, contracts, and sponsorships. At present, his net worth is estimated at around $1 million.
Trivias About Alison dos Santos You Need To Know.
- He was awarded the Best Athletics Athlete at the 2021 Brazil Olympic Awards.