Last updated on August 21st, 2023 at 03:14 pm
Facts About Allison Brooks Janney
|Celebrated Name||Allison Brooks Janney|
|Birth Name||Allison Janney|
Allison Janney is an American actress. Janney is well known for her appearance in the role of C.J. Cregg on the show, "The West Wing" and "Mom", American sitcom in 2013.
Moreover, she served as a voice actor in the famous 2003 animated movie, "Finding Nemo", its 2016 sequel "Finding Dory" and "Minions". She is an epitome of grace combined with a passion for rescuing dogs.
Also, Janney starred in paramount parts in many movies are "The Duff", "Hairspray", "Juno", "American Beauty", "Spy", and "The Help".
Allison Janney Famous For?
1. Her portrayal of many memorable characters in numerous TV series such as on the series "The West Wing" (1999–2006) as White House Press Secretary C. J. Cregg, "Masters of Sex" (2013–2015) as Margaret Scully, and "Mom" (2013–2018) as recovering alcoholic Bonnie Plunkett.
2. Her other versatile roles in films including "The Object of My Affection", "Drop Dead Gorgeous", "American Beauty", "Juno", "The Help", "Peabody & Sherman", and "Tallulah"
3. Her Broadway appearances including "Present Laughter", "A View from the Bridge", and "Six Degrees of Separation".
4. Being a common feature at award ceremonies having won numerous awards like "Academy Award", "Primetime Emmy Award", "Golden Globe Award", "Screen Actors Guild Award", and "Critics’ Choice Award".
Who are Janney's Family Members?
Allison Janney was born on 19th November 1959 in Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A. Her birth name is Allison brooks Janney. She is an American Citizen with English Ethnicity.
Janney was born to Jervis Spencer Janney(father) and Macy Brooks Putnam(mother). Her father Jervis Janney was an auto real estate developer and jazz musician while her mother Macy Brooks was a former actress and homemaker.
Allison Janney is the second born child of the house. She has two brothers; Hal Janney(elder brother) and Jay Janney(younger brother). However, her younger brother Jay passed away in 2011. Stuart Janney, owner of Racehorses is her uncle and Michael Weatherly is her step-cousin.
How was Janney's Early Life?
Allison Janney was born in Boston but was nurtured in Dayton, Ohio. She is the only daughter to actress and a real estate developer. She had the proper environment to get engaged with an artistic field due to her mother's profession as her mother was also an actress. Janney attended the Miami Valley School in Dayton, where she was named a "Distinguished Alumni" in 2005, and the Hotchkiss School in Connecticut, where she was named "Alumni of the Year" in 2016.
She then attended Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio. At Kenyon, she studied with Paul Newman, an alumnus of Kenyon. He directed her in a play as the inaugural event of the school's newly dedicated Bolton Theater.
Newman and his wife, Joanne Woodward, encouraged Janney to continue acting. She then went on to train at the "Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre" in New York and did summer programs at the "Royal Academy of Dramatic Art" in London.
She attended "The Neighborhood Playhouse" the same years as actor Dylan McDermott. She completed two years at the Neighborhood Playhouse along with Steven Rogers.
Before she rose to fame with her acting, she wanted to become a professional ice skater.
How is Janney's career life?
Allison Janney has remained active in the entertainment field since 1984 and she is still active in it. After her first roles on soap operas, she started her expert profession showing up in little parts on TV and film, in such preparations as, “Who Shot Patakango”, “Morton and Hayes”, “Managing Light”, and “Law and Order”. Janney became successful to impress fans and critics with her acting skills.
All through the 90s, the back and forth amongst film and TV parts, until she was thrown in the part that would make her a commonly recognized name, as C.J. Gregg on “The West Wing”.
She acted in both forms of media equally at ease. She went ahead to win four "Emmy Awards" for her work on the show "Mom". Since the finish of “The West Wing” in 2006, she concentrated on video formwork.
Janney was seen to give her voice in T.V and radio for the campaign. She was seen in some ABC television series like "Lost", "Jacob", and "Man in Black". She also appeared in the ABC network "Mr. Sunshine". Lately, in 2012 see was seen to have giving roles in "Struck By Lightning" and "Liberal Arts".
On the Disney Channel animated show "Phineas and Ferb", Janney voiced Charlene.
Janney has appeared in numerous films, including the 1990s films "American Beauty", "The Object of My Affection", "Big Night", "The Impostors", "Drop Dead Gorgeous", "The Ice Storm", "Primary Colors", "10 Things I Hate About You", and "Private Parts", and the early 2000s films "Nurse Betty", "The Hours", "The Chumscrubber", "How to Deal", "Winter Solstice", and a considerable voice role in the animated movie "Finding Nemo", "voicing Peach", "The starfish".
In 2006, she had roles in the feature films "Margaret" and "Over the Hedge". That same year, Janney was nominated for the "Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Female" for her performance in the film "Our Very Own". In 2007, she appeared in "Juno", playing the part of Bren MacGuff, the title character's stepmother, for which she won the "Austin Film Critics Association Award" for Best Supporting Actress. In the same year, Janney appeared in the Golden Globe Award-nominated film Hairspray as Prudy Pingleton, Penny's (Amanda Bynes) strict and religious mother. She appeared in such films as The Help (2011), Struck by Lightning (2012), and Liberal Arts (2012). Janney appeared in the 2015 films Spy and The DUFF. She then co-starred in the fantasy film Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, and portrayed a homicide detective in the mystery thriller "The Girl on the Train".
In 2017, Janney starred in the biographical black comedy I, "Tonya", portraying LaVona Golden.
How is Janney's Personal Life?
Allison Janney is having an affair with Philip Joncas. Though Philip Joncas is 20 years younger to her, they are in a romantic relationship with each other. They are dating from the year 2015. In 69th Primetime Emmy Awards main event which was held on September 2017, she appeared with her boyfriend Philip Joncas.
She is probably going to get engaged with him.
Previously, she was in a relationship with Dennis Gagomiros in 1982. However, their relationship didn't last for long. Later, she was engaged to Richard Jenik, actor in 2004. As time passes by, their romantic relationship turned to not so romantic relationship and they eventually broke up in 2006.
Talking about her kids, she does not have any children. Janney has stated that she does not want to have any children, she is happy without any and does not regret not having them.
How Much is Janney's Net Worth?
Allison Janney has an estimated net worth of $14 Million. Janney earns $200k Thousand per episode from American CBS sitcom’ "Mom" in 2019. For the first few seasons, Janney and her co-star, Anna Faris earned $125,000 per episode.
Furthermore, their salaries were bumped to $200,000 per episode in Mom. Also, Janney’s salary per episode of The West Wing was $70,000. Moreover, she lost a home in Palm Springs to foreclosure in 2012. Janney and a partner paid $4 million for the house in 2006,it eventually sold at auction for $2.2 Million.
Recently, Janney bought a freshly rehabbed residence in the hills above Studio City, Calif which cost $3.25 Million. Further, the research reveals that she’s going to buy a 1,925-square-foot house in Studio City which costs $799,000.
What is Janney's Body Measurement?
Allison Janney, an American actress has a well-maintained body figure. Janney has a slim body figure and has a good height of 6 feet and her body weight is141 lbs. She has a body measurement of 35-24-36 inches. Her bra size is 34A and her dress size is 4(US).
Janney has green eyes and her hair color is dark brown. Janney has a distinct high forehead, with a long face.
Awards and Achievements
Janney, a prolific character actress has received numerous awards:
1. Primetime Emmy Awards (four times) for "The West Wing".
2. Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Guest Actress for "Masters of Sex".
3. Satellite Award for Best Actress in a Television Series – Drama.
4. Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Female for her performance in the film "Our Very Own".
5. Austin Film Critics Association Award for Best Supporting Actress.
6. Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress
7. Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress
8. Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance in a Supporting Role
9. Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Supporting Actress
10.Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Female
11. BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role.
Trivias About Allison Brooks Janney You Need To Know.
- While in high school, Janney played ice and field hockey and once, she wanted to be an Olympic skater.
- During her struggling days as an actress, she told people that she was a photographer for National Geographic.
- She is a great admirer of women’s rights activist Susan B. Anthony.
- Allison is a supporter of the Democratic Party. In the 2016 Presidential Election, she endorsed Hillary Clinton.
- Growing up, she had a huge crush on singer Davy Jones of The Monkees fame and she loves a rap song.
- Janney is a brand endorser of The Cake Bake Shop, Jimmy Choo, Tony Ward Couture, Kaiser Permanente, American Heart Association, CBS Cares, and Ford Cars.