Facts About Allison Payne
|Celebrated Name||Allison Payne|
|Age||59 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Allison Payne|
|Birth Name||Allison Payne|
|Profession||Journalist , Anchorwoman , Public Speaker|
|Place Of Birth||Richmond, Virginia|
|School||St. Rita's Catholic grade school|
|University||University of Detroit Mercy; Bowling Green State University|
|Partner||Don Riggs (Ex-Husband)|
|Net Worth||$1 Million-$5 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Journalism Career|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Cause Of Death||Unknown|
|Death Date||11th September 2021|
Allison Payne was an American nine-time Emmy Award winner, anchorwoman with WGN TV, international journalist, as well as a public speaker. She was famous for being a longtime anchor as well as a reporter at CW affiliate and cable superstation WGN-TV. Moreover, she had even worked as co-anchor of the WGN Midday News. Allison Payne had also covered numerous stories across the globe, including tracing former President Barack Obama's roots in Kenya and traveling to the Ivory Coast alongside the Rev. Jesse Jackson. She was also the sole owner of Payne Productions Inc., a TV production company that helps students in the broadcasting business. She was also active involvement in community builder. Allison was active in broadcasting via freelance work until her death on 11th September 2021.
Former WGN anchor Allison Payne dead at 57
Allison Payne, a nine-time Emmy Award winner, the face of WGN-TV for two decades dies at the age of 57. The 21-year veteran of the station passed away September 1 at her home in Detroit, according to a WGN press release. She was a mentor to many, eventually establishing a foundation for journalism students. "While so many journalists worry about the list of questions they want to ask, she taught me the most important part of an interview, is the listening. That even if you don't ask the right questions, if you listen well enough, the story will reveal itself," said WGN-TV producer Tyra Martin. Allison Payne and WGN parted ways in 2011 after she suffered a series of "unfortunate health events", the station said. Her cause of death was unknown. Before her departure from Chicago TV news, Payne described suffering a series of mini-strokes. She also opened up about struggles with depression and alcohol dependence.
What was Allison Payne Known For?
- Being a nine-time Emmy Award winner, a 21-year anchorwoman with WGN-TV, a veteran international journalist, a popular public speaker, and an actively involved community builder.
- For being a longtime anchor and reporter at CW affiliate and cable superstation WGN-TV in Chicago, Illinois. Payne served as co-anchor of the WGN Midday News from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Who are the Parents of Allison Payne?
Allison Payne opened her eyes for the first time on February 12, 1964. Her place of birth was in Richmond, Virginia, the USA. Her parents moved north to Detroit, Michigan when she was five where she spent her early childhood. Born to American parents, she held American nationality and she came from a mixed ethnic background. About her parents, she was born to her father, Dana Payne, and her mother, Kathryn Payne. She lastly celebrated her 57th birthday with her close ones. Aquarius was her Zodiac sign as per her birth date and her religion was Christian.
Moving towards the educational background of Allison, Allison attended St. Rita's Catholic grade school in Michigan. In addition, she graduated from Renaissance High School in Detroit. She also held a B.A. in Liberal Arts from the University of Detroit Mercy. She then attended Bowling Green State University in Ohio for her master's degree in radio/TV/film. Moreover, she was a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
Allison Payne Career Timeline and Life Story
- Allison Payne worked as an intern at NBC affiliate WNWO (channel 24) in Toledo, Ohio at the beginning of her career.
- During the short period of time, she was promoted to the main anchor of the station's late evening newscast.
- Then, she moved to NBC affiliate WNEM-TV (channel 5, now a CBS affiliate) in Saginaw, Michigan where she became the co-anchor of the 6 and 11 p.m. newscasts.
- In the year 1990, she moved to Chicago where she anchored till 2009 for the station's primetime 9 p.m.
- She was paired with Steve Sanders at the anchor desk from 1993 till 2008 in the evening and since 2009 at midday.
- She later traveled to Kenya to trace Barack Obama's roots, and to the Middle East to cover the Reverend Jesse Jackson's peace negotiations between Israel and Lebanon.
- Allison and WGN-TV station management agreed to a buyout of Payne's current contract, ending her 21-year relationship with the station whereas Payne left WGN-TV in September 2011.
- Then, she said, "I hope to continue working in broadcasting in some capacity and will consider other professional opportunities". "I also fully intend to continue my work in the community here." She also added: "Down the road, I plan to begin producing my own documentaries. I also plan to produce occasional reports which I will share with you on this website. I am not ruling out a return to the anchor desk, but for now I need new intellectual challenges. I’m open to applying my communication skills to the business world as well" on 4th August 2011.
Awards and Achievements
Allison Payne had grabbed a lot of awards including nine Emmys. Some of her awards and titles are:
- Outstanding Achievement within a Regularly Scheduled News Program – Specialty Report/Series - Politics/Government: Jackson & Jackson: Allison Payne, Reporter; Pam Grimes, Producer. WGN
- Outstanding Achievement for Individual Excellence On Camera: Programming – Program - Host/Moderator/Contributor: Allison Payne – People to People. WGN
- Outstanding Achievement within a Regularly Scheduled News Program – Specialty Report: - Religion: Blue Eyes, Black Soul: Allison Payne, Reporter; Pam Grimes, Michael D’Angelo, Producers. WGN
- Outstanding Achievement for Informational Programs – Public Affairs/Current Affairs: People to People: Gloria Brown, Producer; Allison Payne, Steve Sanders, Hosts. WGN
- Outstanding Achievement for Individual Excellence On Camera: News – Reporter: Allison Payne – Composite. WGN
Who was Allison Payne married to?
Allison Payne was a married woman. She tied the knot to her long-time boyfriend as well as a friend whose name is Bobby Richardson. The duo got married in the year 2004. Details regarding their children and how their relationship started are still a mystery as she never stated about it to the media. Her sexual orientation was straight. Previously, she was married to her ex-husband, Don Riggs.
How much was Allison Payne Net Worth at the time of her death?
Allison Payne was a very talented journalist whose net worth is estimated to have between in the range of $1 Million - $5 Million at the time of her death. Her major source of wealth was her journalism career. Whereas her exact salary is still to get unfold yet but there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she was making a considerable amount of money from her career work and she was living a cool lifestyle from her career earnings. Details about her cars and mansion is unavailable at a moment.
How tall was Allison Payne?
Allison Payne was a very beautiful woman with a bold personality. She stood at an average height with a balanced body weight. She had dark brown hair color and her eye color was black. More details about her body measurements, shoe size, and more are still to get disclosed yet. Her charming personality in television has attracted a lot of people towards her.
Allison Payne Health Issues and Death Cause
Allison Payne went on medical leave after suffering from a series of mini-strokes in January and August of 2009. WGN-TV announced that Payne would take an indefinite leave of absence because of ongoing health issues in November 2008. She then sought treatment for depression during her absence months earlier. She publicly acknowledged in January 2010 stating that she was a recovering alcoholic, after having previously battled alcoholism for 20 years. "Substance abuse can become a problem," she said at the time. "I wanted to make sure that nothing in my life got out of hand." Then, she took a leave of absence from WGN-TV to rest her vocal cords in late December 2010. Greg Caputo, news director at WGN-TV, told TimeOut Chicago columnist Robert Feder in an interview that "she was diagnosed a few months ago and tried to tough it out . . . (but) her doctor wants her to stay off the air till they can fix the problem." On 11th September 2021, Allison Payne dies at 57 at her home.
Trivias About Allison Payne You Need To Know.
- Allison Payne was a famous anchorwoman with WGN TV, an international journalist, as well as a public speaker.
- She was a nine-time Emmy Award winner.
- She had covered numerous stories across the globe, including tracing former President Barack Obama's roots in Kenya and traveling to the Ivory Coast alongside the Rev. Jesse Jackson.
- Allison was active in broadcasting via freelance work until her death on 1st September 2021.
- Her parents moved north to Detroit, Michigan when she was five where she spent her earnly childhood.
- Aquarius was her Zodiac sign.