Allison Russell - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Family, Age, Facts, Band
Allison Russell is a Canadian singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, poet, and activist. One of the best contemporary folk singers, She has received three Grammy Award nominations in the category of Best Americana Album, Best American Roots Performance, and Best American Roots Song for her debut studio album Outside World and its leading single "Nightflyer".
Beginning her music career in the early 2000s, Russell joined her first band called Po Girl, an Americana folk group in 2003 and was also the band's founding member. It was during this time that Russell realized that she could earn a living through music. She later joined more groups like Our Native Daughters and Birds Of Chicago with her current life partner JT Nero.
What nationality is Allison Russell?
The exact date of birth of Allison Russell is not revealed at the moment. As indicated by Rolling Stone, she was in her twenties in 2010. Subsequently, we can guarantee that she should be 30 to 39 years of age in 2021 which means while calculating, she must have probably been born in the early 1980s.
Russell took her birth in Montreal, the most populous city in the Canadian province of Quebec. She is multiracial as her father was a Grenadian (Black) student while her mother was a Scottish-Canadian (White) teenager. She spent some part of her childhood in the Orphanage home.
After her mother's second marriage to a white man, she was brought up by her mom and stepfather. Her step-father was physically and sexually abusive toward her. At the age of 15, she left her home and moved to Vancouver in 1998 where she attended Dawson College for higher education.
Allison Russell's music career
- Allison Russell started her music journey in the late 1990s after joining the Vancouver-based Celtic folk band Fear of "Drinking".
- In 2003, Russell formed the band Po' Girl with The Be Good Tanyas member Trish Klein and other members.
- The Po' Girl's first studio album entitled "Po' Girl" was released on 10th June 2003.
- Po' Girl recorded their last album "Follow Your Bliss" in 2010 and parted ways to work in a different band or as a soloist.
- After two years of hiatus from Po' Girl, Allison formed the music group Birds of Chicago with JT Nero.
- As part of Birds of Chicago, Russell released their first studio album, "Birds of Chicago" in 2012, followed by "Real Midnight" (2016), and "Love in Wartime" (2018).
- In 2018, Russell joined the musical group "Our Native Daughters" and the following year the group released the album Songs of "Our Native Daughters".
- In March 2021, Russell released "Nightflyer" as the first single from her album Outside Child.
- On May 21, 2021, Russell released her first solo album "Outside Child".
- She made her debut at the Grand Ole Opry of Nashville on May 28, 2021.
Who is Allison Russell's husband?
Allison Russell has been married to a Chicago-based American musical artist Jeremy Lindsay who is professionally known as JT Nero. Actually, Nero is a Midwesterner with strong family ties to Chicago, who has made the Windy City his home since 2002. Allison and Nero begin dating each other in 2009.
After four years of dating the love birds married in 2013. Their first child, a daughter was born in 2014, whom they named Ida Lindsay. The couple togetherly lives in their beautiful apartment in Chicago. Previously, the duo had formed Birds of Chicago, an Americana/folk band in March 2012 prior to their marriage but the band went on indefinite hiatus in February 2021.
How much is Allison Russell's net worth?
As of April 2022, the net worth of Allison Russell is estimated to be around US $2 million. She has made such an amount of wealth from her primary career as a singer and songwriter. Her debut album made a thousand units of copy sales within the first week of its release.
Apart from her album revenue, she earns extensively from the ticket sales from her nationwide and world tours plus her live performance in the music festivals. She is also making a decent amount of income from her monetized official youtube music channel.
How tall is Allison Russell?
Allison Russell is 5 ft 7 inches tall and her body weight is around 59 Kg. She has an hourglass-shaped body. Her curvaceous body measures 36-24-35 inches (Breast-Waist-Hip) approximately. She wears a 36C bra size and a 6 (US) size dress. She feels comfortable wearing 8(US) size shoes. She has a pair of black eyes. She looks elegant in her curly hairstyle which is also black in color.
Trivias About Allison Russell You Need To Know.
- She is against racism and child abuse.
- She has also been identified as queer.
- From the ages of 5 to 15, she was physically and sexually abused by her adoptive father.
- She has her family origins in West Africa.