Facts About Allyson Felix
|Celebrated Name||Allyson Felix|
|Age||37 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Chicken Legs|
|Birth Name||Allyson Michelle Felix|
|Place Of Birth||Los Angeles, California|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|Famous For||Track and Field Athlete|
|Education||University of Souther California|
|Height||5 feet 6 inches|
|Net Worth||$8.5 Million|
|Body Measurement||32-26-35 inches|
|Source of Wealth||Sports Career|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Allyson Felix, the renowned American runner who has won nine Olympic medals. She is also known as the first female who won six career gold Olympic medals. Allyson is the lady who contends in the 100 meters, 200 meters, and 400 meters. At 200 meters, she is the 2012 Olympic champion, a 3-time World champion (2005- 09), and 2-time Olympic silver medalist (2004- 08). At 400 meters, she is the 2015 World champion, 2011 World silver medalist, 2016 Olympic silver medalist, and 2017 World bronze medalist. To know more about her, keep reading below.
Where is Allyson Felix born?
Recalling her early life, Allyson Michelle Felix was born in California. Her father Paul is an ordained minister and professor of New Testament at The Master's Seminary in Santa Clarita Valley, California, and her mother Marlean is an elementary school teacher at Balboa Magnet Elementary. Allyson has one older brother Wes Felix who is also a sprinter and now acts as her manager. She is a devout Christian.
Regarding her education, She attended Los Angeles Baptist High School in North Hills where she realized her athletic abilities. She later graduated in 2003 and chose to forego college eligibility. Instead, she signed a professional contract with Adidas who also paid her college tuition at the University of Southern California. Eventually, she graduated with a degree in elementary education.
When did Allyson Felix pursue her sprint career?
- Allyson Felix began her professional career with major success. In the 2004 Summer Olympics, when she was just 18 years old, Felix won the silver medal in 200 meters. The following year, she became the youngest gold medalist in 200m sprint at the World Championships in Helsinki. She defended her title two years later in Osaka.
- She later qualified for a 200m race for the 2008 Olympic games but missed the qualification for 100m. Despite her successful season, she finished with a silver medal. She also ran the 4x100m relay with the U.S. women’s team and finished with a gold medal.
- She continued to run 4x100 m relays with the U.S. team and won the gold medal at the 2009 World Championships in Athletics. The same year, she also won her third gold medal at World Championships, making her the first woman in history to accomplish that.
- The three-time World Champion Felix still felt frustrated about not winning the Olympic gold. She started to focus more on the 400 m races. In 2010, she made history by becoming the first person to win two IAAF Diamond League trophies the same year- in 200m and 400m sprint.
- In the 2011 World Championships in Athletics, Felix ran 200m and 400m sprint, as well as 4x100m and 4x400m relays. This time, Felix was second in the 400m run and finished 3rd in the 200m run. U.S. team won both relay events.
- In 2012 Felix began to qualify for the Olympics. The schedule of events required her to choose between attempting to qualify for 100m or 400m runs as secondary to 200m run. Felix chose to run the 100m race. At the Olympics, Felix competed in the 100m, 200m, 4x100m relay, and 4x400m relay. She placed fifth at the 100m race but won the gold in all other races. In the 2013 World Championships in Moscow, Felix had a hamstring injury, and she couldn’t compete in the 200m race.
- After her injury, Felix had to lay off for nine months. In 2014, she resumed her career by competing in the 400m race at the Shanghai Diamond League. She also took part in Oslo, Stockholm, Paris and Glasgow Diamond league meetings. She won the IAAF Diamond League 200m title. The following year she ran the 2015 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships in 400m.
- In the 2015 World Championships, Felix had to choose either to run the 400m finals or 200m semi-finals. The schedule made it impossible to participate in both events. She decided to focus on 400m run and went to win her first gold medal with a personal best time of 49.26 seconds.
- Early in 2016, Felix injured herself during training. She had to pull out of Diamond League, and Prefontaine Classic meets. She went to the 2016 Olympic trials in Eugene and attempted to qualify for the 2016 Rio Olympic games. She got the place on the team in the 400m run but finished as fourth in the 200m run. At the Olympics, she won silver at the 400m run but won two golds in both 4x100m and 4x40m relays.
- She reduced her schedule in 2018, saying "In the 19 years that I've been running track, I've never taken a break. Never had a year where I took it easy. Now that this is kind of a year without a championship, I've had to force myself to have a different approach because my goal is 2020. So, if you guys don't see me at as many of the races as I usually run, don't worry, I'm fine, I'm just challenging myself to be smarter." Later in 2018, it was revealed that Felix was pregnant for most of the year, and on November 28, 2018, she gave birth to her daughter by emergency C-section.
- On Sept 29th, 2019, Felix won a record 12th world title competing at the World Championships in Doha, Qatar, breaking a tie with Usain Bolt.
Is Allyson Felix married?
Reflecting on her personal life, Allyson was a married woman. He was married to her long-term boyfriend Kenneth Ferguson. The couple proud to be parents of the lovely daughter Camryn. It is not known when their romance began. However, they are known to have dated for over a decade before their marriage. As of now, the couple seems to be happy with their lovely kid. There are no such rumors of separation or divorce.
How much net worth does Allyson Felix own?
Being a professional athlete, the bulk of Allyson Felix's income comes from career earnings. Her popularity as a talented sprinter also earns her numerous attractive endorsement deals. Her net worth is currently pegged at a conservative estimate of $8.5 million.
How tall is Allyson Felix?
Observing her body physics, Allyson stands a height of 5 feet 6 inches and weighs around 57 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of brown eyes and black hair. Further, her body measures 32-26-35 inches.