Last updated on August 6th, 2023 at 01:11 am
Facts About Alphonso Davies
|Celebrated Name||Alphonso Davies|
|Age||22 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Alphonso Davies|
|Birth Name||Alphonso Boyle Davies|
|Nationality||Liberian and Canadian|
|Place Of Birth||Buduburam, Ghana|
|Awards||2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup Bright Future Award, 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup Golden Boot Award, etc.|
|Height||6 ft. 0 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Net Worth||$6.1 Million|
|Current Club||Canada men's national soccer team|
|Links||Facebook Twitter Instagram|
Alphonso Boyle Davies is a Canadian professional football player who plays for Bundesliga club Bayern Munich and the Canada national team. His playing position is a left-back or a winger. He is regarded as one of the best full-backs in the world due to his pace, dribbling, and creativity. Currently, he is playing for Bayern Munich. Previously, he played for Whitecaps FC 2. He is a left-foot player. His shirt number is 19.
On the international level, born in Ghana, Alphonso Davies represents Canada at the international level. He has represented Canada at various age levels. He has represented Canada at U17, U20, and the senior level. He made his senior international team debut for Canada on 14 June 2017 at the age of 16, making him the youngest player to play for the national team. He has represented Canada at 2017, 2019, and 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cups. Since, his debut, he has obtained 32 caps and scored 12 goals for Canada.
Alphonso Davies Famous For
- Being a Canadian professional football player.
- For playing as a left-back or a winger for Bundesliga club Bayern Munich.
Early Life of Alphonso Davies
Passionate and enthusiastic player, Alphonso Davies was born on November 2, 2000. His full name is Alphonso Boyle Davies. He was born and raised in Buduburam, the city of Ghana. His parents lived there while fleeing Liberia during the Second Liberian Civil War. His nationality is Ghanaian as he was born to a Ghana family. He was born to his father, Debeah Davies, and to his mother, Victoria Davies. Moreover, he belongs to the African ethnicity. Likewise, as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Scorpio. He attended St Nicholas Catholic Junior High in the Edmonton Catholic School District. On 6 June 2017, he officially received his Canadian citizenship. About his siblings, he has two siblings: a sister named Ruth and a younger brother whose name is unknown at the moment.
Alphonso Davies Football Career
- He started his youth career by joining Whitecaps FC Residency in 2015.
- On 23 February 2016, he signed with the club, Whitecaps FC 2 in the United Soccer League after playing for Whitecaps FC.
- He became the first youngest player to sign in USL.
- On 15 May 2016, he made his first professional goal to Whitecaps FC 2.
- On 15 July 2016, he signed a contract with the Vancouver Whitecaps through 2018, with options for the 2019 and 2020 seasons, and also he was the youngest player in Major League Soccer.
- He made his debut for this league on 16 July 2016 and scored his first goal for this team in September 2016.
- In the 2018 season opener, he scored his first goal in MLS and assisted on a Kei Kamara goal against the Montreal Impact.
- Later on, in January 2019, he signed for Bundesliga club Bayern Munich for a transfer fee of $22 million (€19 million)-the highest fee in MLS history. In his first season, he was named the Bundesliga Rookie of the Season. In that season he also was part of the team winning the continental treble after Bayern won the Bundesliga, the UEFA Champions League, and the DFB-Pokal.
- With Bayern Munich, he has won four Bundesliga, three DFL-Supercup, two DFB-Pokal, one UEFA Champions League, UEFA Super CUp, and FIFA Club World Cup.
- Davies finished in third place for the 2020 Golden Boy award, behind Erling Haaland and Ansu Fati.
- On January 5, 2022, Davies tested positive for COVID-19.
- On March 4, 2023, Davies made his 100th Bundesliga appearance in Bayern's 2–1 victory over VfB Stuttgart. The appearance made him the youngest non-German to reach that feat for Bayern Munich.
- Born in Ghana, he represents Canada at the international level.
- He has represented Canada at various age levels. He has represented Canada at U17, U20, and the senior level.
- He was called to numerous Canadian U15, U18, and U20 camps to play in 2014 and 2015.
- In March 2016, he was called up to the Canada U20 squad for a friendly against England U20.
- In November 2016, he scored against Jamaica in the Canadian U17 camp.
- In 2016, he was named the Canada U17 Male Player of the Year for his performances with the U17 and U20 squads in friendlies.
- In 2017, he was named the Canada U17 Male Player of the Year for a second time due to his performance with the senior team.
- At the age of 16, he made his senior international team debut for Canada on 14 June 2017 in a 2-1 friendly win against Curaçao, making him the youngest player to play for the national team.
- He has represented Canada at 2017, 2019, and 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cups.
- On 8 July 2017, he scored his first international goal for Canada, scoring twice in a 4-2 win against French Guiana which made him the youngest goalscorer in Gold Cup history.
- In his 2017 Gold Cup, he went on to win the Golden Boot as the tournament's top scorer, the Young Player of the Tournament award and was included in the tournament's Best XI selection.
- In June 2022, he has been named to the Canadian squad for the 2022-23 CONCACAF Nations League.
- Since his debut, he has obtained 32 caps and scored 12 goals for Canada.
- He has been named Canadian Footballer of the Year on three occasions (in 2018, 2020, and 2021).
Is Alphonso Davies Single or Dating?
Looking at his personal life, Alphonso Davies was in a relationship with fellow Canadian Jordyn Huitema, a forward for Paris Saint-Germain and the Canada women's national team starting from September 2017. However, on 22 May 2022, he confirmed on his social media that he and Huitema have split up as there is no any information about their breakup reason. At present, he is assumed to be single and is not dating anyone. It seems he is focusing on his professional career rather than being in a new relationship. Any updates on his love life will be updated here.
Alphonso Davies Net Worth 2022
Alphonso Davies is a Canadian professional football player who currently plays for Bundesliga club Bayern Munich. He is a very talented football player and with his continuous hard work and dedication, he has accumulated a huge amount of money from his football career which is his major source of wealth. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. In January 2019, he signed for Bundesliga club Bayern Munich for a transfer fee of $22 million (€19 million)-the highest fee in MLS history. As of 2022, his net worth is believed to be around €5 million where he received £4.4 million as a yearly salary from his current club. Besides this, he also earns a decent amount of money from sponsorship, salary from the national team, and endorsement deals with various brands including Nike, EA Sports, Crocs, Topps, and more. Currently, he is an ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. Moreover, he has a lovely home in Munich, Germany, where he lives, and has a beautiful automobile collection, including a Ferrari, a Range Rover, and a Mercedes. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings and is living a luxurious lifestyle from his earnings. In addition, his market value is around €70 million.
How tall is Alphonso Davies?
Alphonso Davies has got a great personality. Talking about his body, he stands at the height of 1.83m i.e. 6 feet and 0 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 75kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. His other body measurement such as chest size, biceps size, and waist size is still got to get revealed yet. In addition, his sexual orientation is straight. Overall, He has a balanced body with good health. He has an attractive body figure. His smiling face and charming personality have helped him to gain the attention of all the viewers.
Alphonso Davies’s Transfer History
- He has played for the youth team of Edmonton Internationals and Edmonton Strikers.
- After playing for Edmonton Internationals, and Edmonton Strikers, he joined the Whitecaps FC Residency in 2015 at the age of 14.
- After joining Vancouver Whitecaps FC during their 2016 MLS preseason tour he signed with Whitecaps FC 2 in the USL on 23 February 2016 and began his career at the club.
- In January 2019, he signed for Bundesliga club Bayern Munich for a transfer fee of $22 million (€19 million)-the highest fee in MLS history.
Awards and Achievements
- Won the 2018-19. 2019-20, 2020-21, 2021-22 Bundesliga with Bayern Munich.
- Won the 2018-19, 2019-20 DFB-Pokal with Bayern Munich.
- Won the 2020, 2021, 2022 DFL-Supercup with Bayern Munich.
- Won the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League with Bayern Munich.
- Won the 2020 UEFA Super Cup with Bayern Munich.
- Won the 2020 FIFA Club World Cup with Bayern Munich.
- Won the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup Bright Future Award.
- Won the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup Golden Boot Award.
- Won the 2021 CONCACAF Men's Player of the Year.
- Won the 2020 Lionel Conacher Award.
- Won the 2018, 2020, 2021 Canadian Men's Player of the Year.
- Won the 2016, 2017 Canada U17 Male Player of the Year.
- Won the 2019-20 Bundesliga Rookie of the Season.
- Won the 2019-20 VDV Bundesliga Newcomer of the Season.
- Won the 2018 Vancouver Whitecaps FC Player of the Year.
- Won the 2018 Vancouver Whitecaps FC Goal of the Year.
Trivias About Alphonso Davies You Need To Know.
- On June 6, 2017, Davies officially received Canadian citizenship.
- On May 15, 2016 Davies scored his first professional goal, making him the youngest goal scorer in United Soccer League history at 15 years and 6 months.
- Davies went on to win the Golden Boot as the tournament's top scorer.