Last updated on January 3rd, 2023 at 01:04 am
Facts About Alvaro Morata
|Celebrated Name||Alvaro Morata|
|Age||30 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Alvaro Borja Morata Martin|
|Place Of Birth||Madrid|
|Mother||Susana Martin Ramos|
|Sisters||Marta Abril Morata Martin|
|Son||Alessandro and Leonardo (twins) and Edoardo|
|Net Worth||$60.79 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Chest Size||40 in|
|Waist Size||34 in|
|Current Club||Atletico Madrid|
Alvaro Borja Morata Martin professionally known as Alvaro Morata is a Spanish professional football player who is playing for La Liga club Atletico Madrid and the Spain national team. His playing position is a striker.
Morata began his career at Real Madrid. On 15 August 2010, he debuted for Real Madrid Castilla in a friendly match against AD Alcorcon in which he scored a goal. He had his debut for Real Madrid's first team on 12 December 2010, in a La Liga win over Real Zaragoza. On 19 July 2014, he shifted to the Italian Serie A club Juventus on a five-year contract for a transfer fee of €20 million. His deal included a buy-back clause in case Real Madrid wanted him back in the future. He played his first official Serie A match on 13 September 2014, in a victory over Udinese Calcio. After being bought back by Real for €30 million, he won another La Liga and the UEFA Champions League in 2016-17 before joining Chelsea in 2017 for a club-record fee of around £60 million. In January 2019, he moved to Atlético Madrid on loan and joined the club permanently on 1 July 2020. he moved back to Juventus on loan in 2020.
On the international level, Morata has represented Spain at various age levels. He has represented Spain at U17, U18, U19, U21, and the senior level. He earned 34 caps for Spain at the youth level, helping the country win the 2011 UEFA European U19 Championship and the 2013 UEFA European U21 Championship. He made his senior international team debut for Spain on 15 November 2014 in the UEFA Euro 2016 qualifiers. He has represented Spain at UEFA Euro 2016, Euro 2020, and the 2022 FIFA World Cup. Since his debut, Morata has obtained over 60 caps and scored over 25 goals for Spain.
- Being a Spanish professional football player.
- For playing as a striker for La Liga club Atletico Madrid.
What is the Birthplace of Alvaro Morata?
With the birth name/real name of Alvaro Borja Morata Martin, he took birth on 23 October 1992 in Madrid, Spain with the Zodiac sign of Scorpio. He was born to his parents: Alfonso Morata (father) and Susana Martin Ramos (mother). His father is heavily involved in transfer negotiations alongside Morata's agent, Juanma Lopez. He also has a sibling; a sister named Marta Abril Morata Martin. He holds Spanish nationality and his ethnicity is Spanish-White. His race is White. He is Christian by religion. Details about his education is still a mystery.
Alvaro Morata Club Career
- Morata's football career began by signing with Real Madrid in the year 2008 from Getafe after Atletico Madrid. There, he made his appearance for Real Madrid C as a junior.
- Winning two youth titles and scoring 34 goals until July 2010, Morata was promoted to Real Madrid Castilla. For the team, he made his debut match on 15 August 2010 against Alcoron in a friendly match. He scored his first goal against Alcala on 31 October 2010.
- Morata scored the first hat-trick of his career, in a 7-1 victory against Deportivo Fabril on 13 February 2011, and then finished his first season as a senior with 14 league goals.
- Morata scored his first competitive goal with Real's first team on 11 November 2012 against Levante. He later played the full 90 minutes of El Clásico against Barcelona, assisting Karim Benzema to score the opener in an eventual 2-1 home win on 2 March 2013.
- Morata scored his first goal in the UEFA Champions League, the third goal in a 3-1 win over Schalke 04 at the Santiago Bernabeu in the round of 16 on 18th March 2014. He also featured in the club's victory in the UEFA Champions League Final against Atletico Madrid, playing the last ten minutes of regular time and extra time after replacing Benzema.
- On 19 July 2014, Juventus announced that they had reached an agreement for the fee of €20 million for the transfer of Morata, who signed a five-year deal, with Real Madrid having the option to buy him back in the future.
- Joining the team, Morata made his debut in Serie A on 13 September against Udinese. Against Borussia Dortmund in the UEFA Champions League round of 16, he scored the winner in the 43rd minute of the first leg; he also started and found the net in the return match, helping Juve to a 3-0 win at the Westfalenstadio.
- Morata won a penalty in the first leg of the Champions League quarter-final against Monaco, which was converted by Arturo Vidal in a 1-0 home win. He was later ruled out due to injury in early August 2015 for a month because of a soleus muscle tear in his left calf during training and was sidelined for the 2015 Supercoppa Italiana.
- Later, Morata signed a contract extension until 2020 on 10 December 2015 with the club, Juventus.
Real Madrid Return
- On 21 June 2016, Real Madrid exercised their buy-back clause to re-sign him from Juventus for €30 million. Playing with real Madrid, his first goal came in a 2-1 home win over Celta on 27 August 2016.
- Furthermore, Morata added three goals in nine appearances in the UEFA Champions League, which Real Madrid won for the second successive year.
- Chelsea announced that they had agreed on terms with Real Madrid for the transfer of Morata, for a reported club-record fee of around £60 million on 19 July 2017. After passing the medical test, he became the official player for Chelsea. He made his competitive debut in the 2017 FA Community Shield match against Arsenal.
- On 23 September 2017, Morata scored his first hat-trick for Chelsea in a 4-0 away win against Stoke City; this made him the 17th Chelsea player to score a hat-trick in the Premier League. He finished his first year with 15 goals in all competitions, and the Blues finished fifth in the league table.
- Starting off the season 2018-2019, Morata scored the second goal in a 3-2 home victory against Arsenal on 18 August 2018.
- Morata scored the winner in a 1-0 win over MOL Vidi in the group stage of the UEFA Europa League on 4 October 2018. A month later, he scored twice to help beat Crystal Palace 3-1 in a league fixture at home.
- Later, Morata returned to Atletico Madrid after 12 years, joining the club on an 18-month loan deal on 27 January 2019. He made his league debut on 3 February, in a 0-1 away loss against Real Betis.
- Surprisingly, on 6 July 2019, Atletico Madrid confirmed the permanent signing of Morata from Chelsea and he would officially join the club on 1 July 2020, for a fee of around £58 million. He scored the only goal in Atlético Madrid's La Liga opener win against Getafe on 18 August 2019.
- On 1 October 2019, Morata marked his 300th professional game with an assist for the game's opening goal in a 2-0 away win against Russian side Lokomotiv Moscow.
- On 22 October 2019, Morata scored his first Champions League goal for Atletico by heading home Renan Lodi's cross for the only goal of the game in a 1-0 win at home against German side Bayer Leverkusen. This also made him the first player to score for both Real Madrid and Atlético in the Champions League.
- Morata again returned to Juventus on 22 September 2020, on a one-year loan worth €10 million, with an option for purchase at €45 million. He made his first appearance for the club since his return on 27 September, in a 2-2 away draw against Roma in Serie A. He scored his first goal for the club since his return on 17th October, in a 1-1 away draw to Crotone.
- On 28 October 2020, Morata had three goals disallowed for offside against Barcelona in a Champions League group stage game, which Juventus lost 2-0 at home.
- On 20 January 2021, Morata won the Supercoppa Italiana, beating 2-0 Napoli in a match where he scored the second goal.
- On 15 June 2021, Morata's loan with Juventus was extended until 30 June 2022.
Atletico Madrid Return
- In July 2022, Atlético Madrid confirmed that Morata will return to Madrid at the end of his loan spell at Juventus.
Alvaro Morata International Career
- Morata has represented Spain at various age levels.
- Morata has represented Spain at U17, U18, U19, U21, and the senior level.
- Morata was initially chosen to the Spain under-17 team for the 2009 U-17 World Cup in Nigeria, playing four matches and scoring two goals as Spain finished third.
- What's more, Morata has also represented the under-19s at the Japan International Tournament, helping Spain finish second behind the hosts. Additionally, he was selected by Spain for the 2011 UEFA European Under-19 Championship in Romania, helping the national team win the tournament with six goals, the highest in the competition.
- Morata then made his debut with the under-21s at the 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Championship in Israel, scoring the only goal in each of the first two group games against Russia and Germany, in the 82nd and 86th minutes respectively.
- Morata was called up to manager Vicente del Bosque's senior squad for matches against Belarus and Germany on 7 November 2014.
- Morata made his senior international team debut for Spain on 15 November 2014 in a 3-0 win against Belarus in the UEFA Euro 2016 qualifiers.
- On 27 March 2015, Morata scored his first senior international goal for Spain in a 1-0 victory over Ukraine in Seville.
- On 2 September 2017, coming off the bench in the 77th minute, Morata scored once to help the hosts defeat Italy 3-0 in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers. He was left out of Spain's World Cup finals squad after a poor club season on 21st May 2018.
- Morata has represented Spain at UEFA Euro 2016, Euro 2020, and the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
- Since his debut, Morata has obtained over 60 caps and scored over 25 goals for Spain.
Who is Alvaro Morata's Wife?
Regarding his marital status, Morata is a married man. On 17 June 2017, he married his beautiful girlfriend, turned wife, Alice Campello in Venice, Italy. By profession, Alice is an Italian Model. They began their affairs in 2016 and their love bond converted them to husband and wife. The duo got engaged on 10 December 2016. Alvaro and Alice were also blessed with twins: Alessandro and Leonardo (sons) in July 2018. On 29 September 2020, the couple's third son, Edoardo, was born. He is enjoying his present life a lot with his wife and kids. He is straight by sexual orientation.
What is the Net Worth of Alvaro Morata?
Morata is a successful footballer who has accumulated a huge amount of money by playing for different clubs. In July 2014, he signed for Juventus on a five-year deal for a transfer fee of €20 million. In June 2016, Real Madrid exercised their buy-back clause to re-sign Morata from Juventus for €30 million. In July 2017, he signed for Premier League club Chelsea for a reported club-record fee of around £60 million. In July 2019, Atletico Madrid confirmed the permanent signing of Morata from Chelsea and he would officially join the club on 1 July 2020 for a fee of around £58 million. In September 2020, he returned to Juventus on a one-year loan worth €10 million, with an option for purchase at €45 million. As of 2022, the net worth of Morata is estimated to be $60.79 Million where he received £6.5 million as a yearly salary from his current club. His major source of income and earnings comes from a football career and he is satisfied with his earnings. Apart from his earnings from football he too earns some amounts from his endorsing deals. He signed a sponsorship contract with the sportswear company Adidas. Morata has also appeared in a TV advert for the football game Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 and 2016. Regarding his cars, he owns a Bentley, Mercedes, Chevrolet, and Ferrari. He has also bought a house in London following his move to Chelsea. With these massive earnings, he is living a luxurious lifestyle from his earnings.
How tall is Alvaro Morata?
Morata is a very cool and handsome man. His body build is athletic. He stands tall at the height of 6 ft 3 in and his balanced bodyweight consists of 84kg. He has a pair of dark brown eye color and his hair color is also the same i.e dark brown. He has very soft hair with a light stubble beard. His chest size is 40 in, arms size is 14.5 in and waist size is 34 in. In March 2014, Morata shaved off all of his hair in solidarity with sick children, saying "kids with cancer wanted to have my haircut but they couldn't, so I gave myself theirs".
Alvaro Morata's Transfer History
- Morata began his career at Real Madrid.
- In July 2014, Morata signed for Juventus on a five-year deal for a transfer fee of €20 million.
- In June 2016, Real Madrid exercised their buy-back clause to re-sign Morata from Juventus for €30 million.
- In July 2017, Morata signed for Premier League club Chelsea for a reported club-record fee of around £60 million.
- In January 2019, Morata returned to Atletico Madrid after 12 years, joining the club on an 18-month loan deal.
- In July 2019, Atletico Madrid confirmed the permanent signing of Morata from Chelsea and he would officially join the club on 1 July 2020 for a fee of around £58 million.
- In September 2020, Morata returned to Juventus on a one-year loan worth €10 million, with an option for purchase at €45 million.
Awards, Achievements, and Honours of Alvaro Morata
Real Madrid Castilla
- Segunda Division B: 2011-12
- UEFA Champions League: 2013-14, 2016-17
- UEFA Super Cup: 2016
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2016
- La Liga: 2011-12, 2016-17
- Copa del Rey: 2010-11, 2013-14
- Serie A: 2014-15, 2015-16
- Coppa Italia: 2014-15, 2015-16, 2020-21
- Supercoppa Italiana: 2015
- UEFA Champions League runner-up: 2014-15
- FA Cup: 2017-18
- UEFA Europa League: 2018-19
- FIFA U-17 World Cup third-place: 2009
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship: 2011
- UEFA European Under-21 Championship: 2013
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2011
- UEFA European Under-21 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2013
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2014-15
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship Golden Boot: 2011
- UEFA European Under-21 Championship Golden Boot: 2013
Trivias About Alvaro Morata You Need To Know.
- Alvaro began his career at Real Madrid.
- He had his debut for the Real Madrid's first team on 12th December 2010, in a La Liga win over Real Zaragoza.
- His full name is Alvaro Borja Morata Martin.
- He also has a siblings; a sister named Marta Abril Morata Martin.
- Morata has also appeared in a TV advert for the football game Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 and 2016.