Alyson Michalka - Bio, Net Worth, Married, Husband, Family, Parents, Siblings, Age, Nationality, Birthday, Height, Size, Wiki, Career, Awards, Facts
Alyson Michalka is an American actress, singer-songwriter, and musician who got recognition for her role as Keely Teslow in the Disney Channel series "Phil of the Future". Aly also got nominated for Young Artist Award for her role in the series. She portrayed the lead role of Marti Perkins in the American cheerleading comedy-drama television series "Hellcats" for 22 episodes. Her sister, Amanda(AJ) Michalka is also an American actress, voice actress, and musician. Aly along with her sister, AJ has formed a musical pop-rock duo "Aly & AJ". The duo has already released three studio albums: "Into the Rush", "Insomniatic", and "Acoustic Hearts of Winter".
Besides on December 29, 2020, the duo released an explicit version of their best single "Potential Breakup Song". The single was released on June 26, 2007, and is the most successful single to date. It peaked at no. 17 on Billboard Hot 100. In this new version, they added an explicit twist to the previously teen-friendly lyrics. The new updated version of the song is available on their youtube channel "Aly & AJ" which has around 183k subscribers.
Aly is also active in the social media platform with around 614k followers on her verified Instagram account: @iamaly. The duo's Twitter account: @alyandaj has around 610k followers.
What is Alyson Michalka famous for?
- Famous as an American actress, singer-songwriter, and musician
- Known for her role as Keely Teslow in the Disney Channel series "Phil of the Future"
Everything To Know About AJ Michalka
Where is Alyson Michalka from?
Alyson Michalka was born on March 25, 1989, in Torrance, California, United States. Her birth name is Alyson Renae Michalka. She holds an American nationality. Her ethnicity is White while Aries is her zodiac sign. She is Christain by religion. She is of German descent.
Aly was born as the eldest daughter to Mark Michalka(father) and Carrie Michalka(mother). Her father owns a contracting company while her mother is also a musician who has performed with the Christian rock band "JC Band". Later, her parents got divorced.
Her younger sister, Amanda Joy(AJ) Michalka is an American actress, singer-songwriter, and musician who is known for being one half of the musical duo "Aly and AJ". She also has a brother named Ricky.
She was raised in Seattle, Washington, and South California along with her siblings. Both the sisters were homeschooled for many years. Later, they attended Mack Elementary School. She was interested in singing and acting from a very young age.
Her mother being a self musician always supported and encouraged her both daughters to continue their careers in the music industry. Aly started playing piano at a very young age of 5 and later at the age of 13, she began playing guitar. She also acted in church play productions since a very young age.
Alyson Michalka Acting Career
- Alyson Michalka started her professional acting career in 2004 by playing the role of Keely Teslow in the American science fiction sitcom "Phil of the Future". Her role in the series was appreciated a lot and also earned her a Young Artist Award nomination.
- She stayed in the series till 2006.
- She then appeared in the role of Allyson Miller in the TV film "Now You See It" in 2005.
- In the year 2009, she played the role of Charlotte Barnes in the American musical romantic drama film "Bandslam". The film was about a few friends who form a band and take part in a competition named ‘Bandslam’.
- She has made her guest appearances in many TV series and shows including "CSI: NY", "Breaking In", "Anger Management", "Cupcake Wars Celebrity", "Motive", and "Celebrity Family Feud".
- She along with her sister starred in several projects produced by the Disney Channel and MTV such as "Super Sweet 16: The Movie" and "Aly & AJ: Sister Act".
- Aly portrayed the lead role of Marti Perkins in the American cheerleading comedy-drama television series "Hellcats" for 22 episodes from 2010-2011.
- She appeared in the TV movie "Cow Belles" opposite her sister, AJ in 2007.
- She has acted in various movies including "The Roommate", "Crazy Kinds of Love", "Grown Ups 2", "Sequoia", and "The Lears".
- In the year 2015, she appeared in the role of Elle in the American Independent comedy-drama film "Weepah Way for Now" alongside her sister, AJ. The film was written and directed by her husband, Stephen Ringer.
- From 2015 to 2019, she played the role of Peyton Charles in the American supernatural drama "iZombie".
- Aly also portrayed the main role of Amy in the action-comedy web television series "Ryan Hansen Solves Crimes on Television" from 2017 to 2019.
- As of now, she is busy working on her upcoming film "Killing Winston Jones". She would be seen in the role of Cookie Jones in the film.
Alyson Michalka Music Career
- Alyson Michalka started her professional music career by forming the musical duo "Aly & AJ" along with her sister, AJ in 2004.
- The duo released their debut album "Into the Rush" on August 16, 2005, under Hollywood Records. The album became a huge success and sold over 1million copies worldwide.
- The album also earned them the "Contemporary Inspirational Artists of the Year" nomination at the 2006 American Music Awards.
- The duo then released their 2nd album " Acoustic Hearts of Winter" which also was a commercial success.
- On July 10, 2007, they released their third album "Insomniatic" which ranked at 15 on the US Billboard 200.
- Their third album's single "Potential Breakup Song" became their best single to date after charting at 17th position on US Billboard 100.
- They have released many promotional singles such as "Jingle Bell Rock", "No One", "On the Ride", "Walking on Sunshine", and "Never Far Behind".
- The duo has released ten music videos, six promotional singles, two extended plays, and one video album till now.
- Recently on December 29, 2020, the duo released an explicit version of their best single "Potential Breakup Song". Previously on Dec 17, 2020, they released another single entitled "Slow Dancing"
Alyson Michalka Husband
Alyson Michalka is a married woman. She is currently married to her only husband, Stephen Ringer. Ringer is an American producer and director. The couple met each other for the first time on the set of the film "Sequoia".
Then, they started dating each other and finally got engaged in July 2014 at Big Sur, California. Later on June 6, 2015, the couple tied the knot in a small ceremony in Portofino. At present, the couple is living a happy life in Los Angeles, California.
Alyson Michalka Net Worth
Alyson Michalka has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress, singer-songwriter, and musician. Having her professional acting and singing career started in 2004, Aly has come a long way up becoming one of the recognized singers and actresses in the Hollywood film industry. Her source of income is surely her songs, films, series, and shows. With her hard work for years, Aly undoubtedly has managed to amass a healthy fortune estimated to be around $2 million as of 2020. She also made additional income from her endorsement deals with renowned brands.
Alyson Michalka Height
Alyson Michalka is a gorgeous lady with a well maintained athletic body physique in her early 30s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft 8inches (1.73m) while her body weighs around 55kg(121 pounds). Her body measurement is around 36-24-36 inches with a bra size of 34C, and 8(US) as her shoe size. She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and sparkling green eyes.
Trivias About Alyson Michalka You Need To Know.
- Alyson Michalka co-produced the film "Weepah Way for Now"
- She participated in a multi-episode role on the sitcom Two and a Half Men in 2013
- She was a guest dinner on the American reality competition TV series "Hell's Kitchen" for an episode in 2018.
- She started playing pianos at the age of 5.
- She loves traveling with friends.