Amanda Ribas - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Personal Life, Family, Age, Parents, Brother, Nationality, Career, Record, Ranking, Height, Facts, Wiki, Fight
Amanda Ribas is a Brazilian mixed martial artist. She is currently assigned the UFC and fights in the Flyweight division. Before signing to the UFC, she won the Jungle Fight Strawweight Championship as well as MF Strawweight Championship. As of October 2020, she has compiled a record of 10-1, 4-0 in the UFC. The Brazilian fighter ranks at No. 10 in the UFC women's strawweight rankings, as of October 2020. She has yet to challenge for the UFC title.
She has over 554k followers on her Instagram @amandaufcribas.
What is Amanda Ribas Famous For?
- Won the Jungle Fight Strawweight Championship in 2015.
- Won the MF Strawweight Championship in 2016.
Where is Amanda Ribas From?
Amanda Ribas was born on 26 August 1993. Her birth place is in Varginha, Minas Gerais in Brazil. She holds Brazilian nationality. She was born to a father, Marcelo Ribas who is a martial arts teacher. Information about her mother is not available. She has a brother named Arthur. Her brother Arthur is also an MMA Fighter.
Amanda Ribas Career
- As her father is a martial arts teacher, she trained under her father.
- Her father trained her until she was part of one of the national youth teams in Brazil.
- She suffered knee injuries that kept her out of training and competing for several years.
- After seeing some of her colleagues' training for an MMA tournament, she resumed training.
- She won the 2014 IMMAF World Championship in Women's Flyweight division.
- She turned professional in 2014.
- She started fighting in Brazil.
- She made her Strawweight debut against Jessica Almeida on 15 March 2014. She won the fight via knockout.
- She won the vacant Jungle Fight Strawweight Championship when she defeated Tania Pereda via submission on 4 July 2015.
- She then won the vacant MF Strawweight Championship defeating Jennifer Gonzalez Araneda via knockout on 21 May 2016.
- She compiled a 6-1 record in Brazil before being approached by UFC.
- UFC eventually signed Ribas.
- She was set to make her UFC debut against Juliana Lima at The Ultimate Fighter 25 Finale in July 2017.
- However, she was removed from the bout for a potential anti-doping violation.
- USADA sanctioned her two years suspension after she tested positive for Ostarine.
- Her suspension was terminated in May 2019 after USADA determined that the positive test was the result of an ostarine contaminated dietary supplement.
- She made her UFC debut on 29 June 2019 at UFC on ESPN 3 against Emily Whitmire. She defeated Whitmire via a rear-naked choke submission in the second round.
- She defeated Mackenzie Dern at UFC Fight Night: Joanna vs Waterson on 15 October 2019 via unanimous decision.
- She defeated Randa Markos via unanimous decision at UFC Fight Night: Lee vs. Oliveira on 14 March 2020.
- She defeated Paige VanZant at UFC 251 on 12 July 2020 via submission in the first round.
- She was scheduled to face Carla Esparza on 12 December 2020 at UFC 256. However, Esparza was pulled due to undisclosed reasons.
Amanda Ribas Boyfriend
Amanda Ribas is quite secretive about her personal life. She has not revealed her relationship status. She might be dating someone but her social media reflects that she might not be dating anyone at present. Any updates on her personal life will be updated soon.
Amanda Ribas Height
Amanda Ribas stands at a height of 1.65 m i.e. 5 feet and 5 inches tall. She has a body weight of 126 lbs i.e. 57 kg. She has an athletic body build. She has a reach of 66 inches. Her eye color is dark brown and her hair color is also dark brown. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Amanda Ribas net worth
Amanda Ribas is one of the familiar names in the UFC. She is currently signed to the UFC. She gets a handsome pay from each of the fights. She makes extra income when she wins her fight. As of 2020, she reportedly makes over $25,000 per fight. She will surely land a lucrative deal with the UFC in the near future. Her net worth is estimated at $1 million at present.
Trivias About Amanda Ribas You Need To Know.
- Her father Marcelo Ribas is jiu-jitsu, Muay Thai, and judo teacher.
- She stated that she wanted to quit training to dance. However, she could not quit because of her father.
- She has black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- She has a black belt in Judo.
- She represents the American Top Team since 2016.