America Ferrera Bio, Net Worth, Personal Life, Husband, Family, Age, Nationality, Parents, Siblings, Career, Awards, Height, Size, Facts, Wiki, Kids
America Ferrera is an American actress, voice actress, producer, and director who is well known for her role as Betty Suarez on ABC's "Ugly Betty"(2006-2010). Ferrera came into prominence with her debut film, "Real Women Have Curves"(2002), and garnered modest early career success with her role in "Gotta Kick It Up!"(2002) and "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants"(2005).
Since then she has worked in several movies and television series. With her performances, Ferrera has earned numerous accolades including an Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Screen Actors Guild Award. Ferrera also provided the voice of Astrid the Viking in the DreamWorks animated film, "How to Train Your Dragon". She currently co-produces and stars as Amy Sosa in the NBC comedy series, "Superstore"(2015–present). She was also named as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2007.
Besides, she is quite active on social media sites with over 1 million followers on Instagram: @americaferrera and over 238k followers on Twitter: @AmericaFerrera.
What is America Ferrera Famous for?
- Famous as an Emmy-winning actress.
- Known for her role as Betty Suarez on ABC's "Ugly Betty".
Where was America Ferrera Born?
America Ferrera was born on April 18, 1984, in Los Angeles, California, United States. Her birth name is America Georgine Ferrera. Her nationality is American. Ferrera belongs to mixed ethnicity while Aries is her zodiac sign.
America Ferrera was born as the youngest of six children of his parents: América Griselda Ayes(mother) and Carlos Gregorio Ferrera(father). His parents were originally from Tegucigalpa, Honduras. Her mother worked as the director of the housekeeping staff for one of the Hilton Hotels. Her parents however got divorced and her father returned to Honduras when America was just 7 years old.
Ferrera was raised in the Woodland Hills section of Los Angeles along with her five older siblings, where she attended Calabash Street Elementary School, then George Ellery Hale Middle School and El Camino Real High School. During her high school, she took acting lessons and did odd jobs to pay her fees.
She then joined the University of Southern California(USC) on a presidential scholarship, double majoring in theatre and international relations. However, she dropped out to focus on her acting career but completed her bachelor's degree in May 2013.
Throughout her youth, she acted in school plays and community theatre in Los Angeles. She was landed a small role in a school production of Hamlet when she was 7 and when she was 10 she got the role of the Artful Dodger in "Oliver!". Her first play was Romeo and Juliet, which she got while she was in third grade.
Source: [email protected]
America Ferrera's Career Highlights
- America Ferrera's first appearance was in her first television movie, "Gotta Kick It Up!" in 2002.
- The same year, she made her feature movie debut in "Real Women Have Curves".
- She then starred in the film, "Lords of Dogtown" and "How the Garcia Girls Spent Their Summer" in 2005.
- She was featured in "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" for which she won the best actress award.
- She was then cast in the Off-Broadway play, "Dog Sees God: Confessions of a Teenage Blockhead" in 2005.
- Ferrera got her first ever-the lead role as Betty Suarez in ABC's comedy-drama, "Ugly Betty" in 2006. She got her breakthrough with the series and remained in the show for over 4 years till 2010.
- She then appeared in notable films like "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2" in 2008, "The Dry Land", and "Our Family Wedding" in 2010.
- She also provided the voice of Astrid the Viking in the DreamWorks animated film, "How to Train Your Dragon" in 2010.
- Ferrera made her London stage debut on November 7, 2011, playing the role of Roxie Hart in the musical Chicago in London's West End.
- She was cast in a documentary film, "Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide" in 2012.
- She then was featured in the crime drama, "End of Watch", and in the dark comedy, "It's a Disaster" in 2013.
- Ferrera has been portraying the lead role as Amy, a veteran floor supervisor at a superstore, in the NBC sitcom, "Superstore" since 2015.
- She also served as an executive producer and director for the Netflix comedy-drama series, "Gentefied" in 2020.
Awards and Honors
- 1 Sundance Film Festival
- 3 Imagen Award
- 1 ALMA Award
- 1 Primetime Emmy Award
- 1 Golden Globe Award
- 1 Satellite Award
- 1 Screen Actors Guild Award
- 1 Teen Choice Award
- 1 NAACP Image Award
- 1 Gracie Awards
America Ferrera's Husband
America Ferrera has been married for once throughout her life to date. Her first and only marriage is with Ryan Piers Williams. Williams is also a successful actor, director, and writer with whom she met when he cast her in a student film at USC. Soon after the couple began dating and got engaged in June 2010, eventually got married on June 27, 2011.
Ferrera and Williams announced expecting their first child on January 1, 2018. They welcomed their first son named Sebastian Piers Williams in May 2018. Two years later. on May 4, 2020, she gave birth to their second child, a daughter named Lucia. On July 1, 2020, Ferrera announced that she and Williams had been together for a total of 15 years.
Besides, Ferrera has been politically active as she even has attended the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina, and the 2016 Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.
America Ferrera's Net Worth
America Ferrera has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress. Having her career started in 2002, Ferrera has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular actresses in her decade long career. Her source of income is surely her movies and series. Including her incomes, Ferrera has a healthy net worth estimated to be around $16 million with her salary as $2.5 million.
America Ferrera's Height
America Ferrera is a gorgeous lady with a well maintained hour-glass body physique in her 30s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft.(1.55 m) while her body weighs around 59kg(130 lbs). Her body measurement is around 37-26-37 inches with a bra size of 37B, and 12 US as her dress size. She has a brown complexion with brown hair and brown eyes.