Amy Adams - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Nationality, Parents, Family, Age, Siblings, Ethnicity, Birthday, Height, Size, Wiki, Awards, Career, Facts, Kids
Amy Adams is an American actress who is well known for her first major role as Brenda Strong in Steven Spielberg's biographical crime film, "Catch Me If You Can"(2002). She got much recognition following her role as a loquacious pregnant woman in the independent comedy-drama film, "Junebug"(2005).
Other of her popular roles include as a seductive con artist in "American Hustle"(2013) and as the character Margaret Keane in a biopic, "Big Eyes"(2014) both for which she won two consecutive Golden Globe Awards. Her worldwide popularity rose when she starred as a princess in the musical fantasy film, "Enchanted"(2007), and also after she began portraying Lois Lane in superhero films set in the DC Extended Universe.
Known for her marvelous acting skills, she was even ranked in the top list of the world's highest-paid actresses, one of the 100 most influential people globally, and in the Forbes Celebrity 100 list. Besides, she is active on social media sites with over 648k followers on Instagram: @amyadams.
What is Amy Adams Famous for?
- Famous as an award-winning actress.
- Known for her roles in "Catch Me If You Can", "Big Eyes" and "Enchanted".
Where was Amy Adams born?
Amy Adams was born on August 20, 1974, in Vicenza, Italy. Her birth name is Amy Lou Adams. Her nationality is American. Adams belongs to mixed ethnicity while Leo is her zodiac sign.
Born as one of the seven children to her American parents; Kathryn Adams(mother) and Richard Adams(father), Amy grew up alongside her four brothers and two sisters in a well-established environment until her parents divorced in 1985 when Amy was just 11 years. Her father was a veteran US Army stationed in Italy at the time when Amy was born. She spent her early childhood in Italy and returned to the US when she was 8 to settled at Castle Rock, Colorado where she attended Douglas Country High School.
Following her father's leave from Army, he began singing professionally at night clubs which became Amy's fondest childhood memories. After her parent's divorce, her father moved to Arizona and remarried, while the children remained with their mother who became a bodybuilder.
She was interested in choir music and ballet dancing from a young age which she later realized that she had more passion for performing arts.
Amy Adams's Career Highlights
- Amy Adams started her career initially as a dancer in a 1994 dinner theater production of "A Chorus Line".
- In 1995, she worked for the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre for 3 years until she decided to act in her first-ever film, "The Chromium Hook".
- She made her Hollywood debut with "Drop Dead Gorgeous"(1999) following which she appeared in the TV series, "Manchester Prep".
- She then appeared in several popular TV series including "The West Wing" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".
- In 2002, she got her first major role when she was cast as Brenda Strong in the comedy-drama, "Catch Me If You Can".
- She then played the role of Ashley Johnston in the popular movie, "Junebug"(2005) for which she was praised and awarded with an Independent Spirit Award and received an Academy Award nomination.
- She also appeared in "The Wedding Date"(2005), "Standing Still"(2005), "Talladega Nights"(2006).
- She got much recognition when she was cast as Giselle in the commercially successful Disney Princess franchise, "Enchanted" in 2007.
- Following the success of the movie, she co-starred in the political comedy-drama, "Charlie Wilson's War" the same year.
- In 2008, she played the role of Sister James in the film, "Doubt", which earned her an Academy Award nomination.
- In 2009, she starred in the hugely successful film, "Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian" and alongside Meryl Streep in "Julie & Julia".
- She then played a leading role opposite Matthew Goode in the romantic comedy, "Leap Year"(2010).
- Other of her popular films include "The Fighter", "The Muppets", "The Master", "Trouble with the Curve".
- Her international recognition grew up when she played the fictional character, Lois Lane, in the DC Extended Universe.
- In 2013, she co-starred alongside Bradley Cooper, and Jennifer Lawrence in the crime film, "American Hustle".
- She then starred in popular movies; "Big Eyes, " "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice," "Arrival," "Nocturnal Animals," "Justice League," and "Vice."
- In 2018, she served as an executive producer and starred as Camille Preaker in HBO miniseries, "Sharp Objects".
- The same year, she appeared in an American mystery thriller drama film, "The Woman in the Window" and also in political satire, "Vice".
- In 2020, she starred in Ron Howard's film adaptation of the Netflix series, "Hillbilly Elegy".
- She next starred as an agoraphobic murder witness in Joe Wright's "The Woman in the Window" in 2021.
- She will next appear in the miniseries "Kings of America" and Broadway musical Dear Evan Hansen.
- She is also set to reprise her role as Giselle in the sequel to Enchanted, titled "Disenchanted".
- 2 Golden Globe Awards
- 4 Critics' Choice Movie Awards
- Critics' Choice Television Awards
- 2 Gotham Awards
- Hollywood Film Festival
- Independent Spirit Awards
- 3 Palm Springs International Film Festival
- Satellite Awards
- Saturn Awards
- 6 Academy Awards nominations and several other awards
Amy Adams's Husband and Relationship
Amy Adams is married to her only husband, Darren Le Gallo. Gallo is an American actor and painter with whom Adams met while they were together at an acting class in 2001. Shortly after meeting and knowing each other the couple began dating each other later collaborated on a short film titled "Pennies". After almost 6 years of dating, the couple got engaged in 2008 even welcomed their first daughter, Aviana in 2010.
Almost after 7 years of their engagement, the couple got married in a private ceremony at a ranch near Santa Barbara, California on May 2, 2015.
The couple has been living a healthy marriage life for over 5 years now and is currently residing in Beverly Hills, California. Even being a big celebrity she has family life pretty low key as her everyday routine involved going to work, taking her daughter to the park, and having weekly date nights with her husband. She even has appreciated her husband Le Gallo for his sacrifices becoming the primary caregiver for their family.
Besides, she now has her own production company named Bond Group Entertainment which she launched alongside her manager Stacy O’Neil in 2019.
Amy Adams's Net Worth
Amy Adams has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress. Having her career started initially as a dancer at a dinner theater in 1994, and as an actress with "Drop Dead Gorgeous"(1999), Adams has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular actresses in her nearly 3 decade-long career.
Her source of income is surely her appearances in movies and series. Her marvelous acting roles have earned her much fortune as she was even ranked in the top list of the world's highest-paid actresses back then.
Recently in 2019, she launched her own production company which also adds a few more fortune to her net worth. Adding up her income, Adams has an estimated net worth estimated to be around $60 Million with her salary as $200k per episode.
Amy Adams's Height
Amy Adams is a gorgeous lady with a well-maintained hour-glass body physique in her 40s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 4inches.(1.63m) while her body weighs around 58kg(128 lbs).
She has her own bold and sweet personality which can be certain through her body features which measure around 34-26-34 inches with a bra size of 34B, 4(US) as her dress size, and 6(US) as her shoe size. She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes.
Trivias About Amy Adams You Need To Know.
- She was one of the seven children of her American parents.
- Her father was a US Army who later worked as a singer at nightclubs.
- Her first-ever film was "The Chromium Hook"(1995).
- She has earned 6 Academy Awards nominations to date.