Last updated on October 13th, 2020 at 12:58 pm
Facts About Amy Coney Barrett
|Amy Coney Barrett
|51 Years Old
|Amy Vivian Coney
|Place Of Birth
|New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
|St. Mary's Dominican High School
|College / University
|Rhodes College, University of Notre Dame
|Bachelor of Arts magna cum laude , Juris Doctor
|Jesse M. Barrett
|Emma, Vivian, Tess, John Peter, Liam, Juliet, and Benjamin
|South Bend, Indiana
|1.7m (5 feet and 7 inches)
|60kg ( 132 lbs.)
|Bra Cup Size
|$5 million (estimated)
|Bobby Vath, Jeanne Daste
Amy Coney Barrett is an American lawyer, jurist, and academic. She is a member of the American Law Institute (ALI). Currently, she serves in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit as the circuit judge. President Donald Trump nominated her to the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit after Judge John Daniel Tinder took senior status on May 8, 2017.
On September 26, 2020, President Donald Trump nominated her to the Supreme Court of the United States eight days after the death of Justice RuthBader Ginsburg. The vacancy left by the death of Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on September 18, 2020.
What is Amy Coney Barrett famous for?
- Famous as an American lawyer and jurist.
- Being nominee to the Supreme Court of the United States.
Where was Amy Coney Barrett born?
Amy Coney Barrett was born on January 28, 1972, in New Orleans, Louisiana, the USA. Her birth name is Amy Vivian Coney. She was born to father, Michael Coney, who functioned as a lawyer for Shell Oil Company, and mother, Linda Coney, Who was a high school French teacher. She grew up in Metairie, a suburb of New Orleans with five younger sisters and a younger brother. Her maternal grandfather, Bobby Vath who battled in World War II and her maternal grandmother's name is Jeanne Daste.
She holds an American nationality and belongs to white ethnicity. Her zodiac sign is Aquarius. Her religion is Christianity.
Regarding her education, she attended St. Mary's Dominican High School and graduated in 1990 from there. Later on, she attended Rhodes College in Memphis, Tennessee, and studied Englis literature. In 1994, she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts magna cum laude and was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa. She then attended Notre Dame Law School and graduated with a Juris Doctor in 1997.
Amy Coney Barrett's Career Highlights
- After graduating in law, Amy Coney Barrett worked as a judicial law clerk for Judge Laurence Silberman of the U.S. Supreme Court from 1997 to 1998.
- She then worked as a judicial law clerk for Justice Antonin Scalia of the U.S. Supreme Court from 1998 to 1999.
- Thereafter, she practiced law at Miller, Cassidy, Larroca & Lewin in Washington, D.C. from 1999 to 2002.
- In 2002, she served as a visiting associate professor and John M. Olin Fellow in Law at George Washington University Law School.
- She used to teach federal courts, constitutional law, and statutory interpretation at Notre Dame. She was also named a Professor of Law in 2010.
- She has served as a visiting associate professor at the George Washington University Law school, as a visiting associate professor of law at the University of Virginia.
- On May 8, 2017, President Donald Trump nominated Barrett to the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit after Judge John Daniel Tinder took senior status which was confirmed by the Senate on October 31, 2017.
- Barrett has been on Trump's list of potential Supreme Court nominees since 2017, almost immediately after her court of appeals confirmation. In July 2018, after Anthony Kennedy's retirement announcement, she was reportedly one of three finalists Trump considered, along with Kavanaugh and Judge Raymond Kethledge
- On September 26, Trump nominated Barrett to the Supreme Court of the United States.during a ceremony in the Rose Garden.
Who is Amy Coney Barrett married to?
Amy Coney Barrett is a married woman. She has been married to Jesse M. Barrett since 1999. Her husband has worked as an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Indiana. The couple lives in South Bend, Indiana with their seven children named Emma, Vivian, Tess, John Peter, Liam, Juliet, and Benjamin, which include 5 biological and 2 adopted children from Haiti.
Barrett's youngest biological son, Benjamin has special needs after being born with Down Syndrome.
How tall is Amy Coney Barrett?
Amy Coney Barrett is a beautiful lady with a fair skin tone. She stands at a height of 1.7m (5 feet and 7 inches) tall and her body weighs around 60kg ( 132 lbs.). Her body measurements are 34-25-34 inches. She wears a bra size of 34A and a shoe size of 8(US). Her eye color is Blue and her hair color is Blonde. Her sexual orientation is Straight.
What is the net worth of Amy Coney Barrett?
Amy Coney Barrett has quite good earnings from her professional career as a lawyer. As of 2020, her net worth is estimated to be $5 million. However, her salary and other assets are not disclosed yet.