Facts About Andrea Martin
|Celebrated Name||Andrea Martin|
|Age||76 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Andrea Louise Martin|
|Profession||Actress , Singer , Comedian|
|Place Of Birth||Portland, Maine|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Famous For||Her work in the television series, SCTV and Great News.|
|Father||John Papazian Martin|
|Mother||Sybil A. Manoogian|
|College / University||Emerson College|
|Debut Movie||Fox Lady (1971)|
|Debut Television Show/Series||The Hart and Lorne Terrific Hour|
|Awards||Two Emmy Awards for Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program in 1982 and 1983|
|Son||Joe and Jack|
|Height||1.62 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||121 lbs (55 kg)|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Source of Wealth||Acting|
|Net Worth||Around $1 million|
Andrea Louise Martin, popularly known as Andrea Martin is an American-Canadian actress, singer, and comedian. Martin is best known for her work in the television series, SCTV, and Great News. She has appeared in several other movies and television shows. Some of the Martin-starring movies are Black Christmas, Wag the Dog, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, and My Big Fat Greek Wedding film series among others. She has also provided a voice in several movies. Besides movies and tv shows, she has starred in several theater productions. She won Tony Awards for her work in theater productions, My Favorite Year and Pippin.
She was inducted into Canada's Walk of Fame in 2918.
What is Andrea Martin Famous For?
- Her work in the television series, SCTV, and Great News.
Where is Andrea Martin From?
Andrea Martin was born on 15 January 1947. Her birth name is Andrea Louise Martin. Her birth place is in Portland, Maine in the United States. She holds an American nationality. She was born to her father, John Papazian Martin, and her mother Sybil A. Manoogian. She has Armenian ancestry. Her father owned Martin's Foods, a grocery-store chain.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Emerson College. She graduated from there.
Andrea Martin Career
- Andrea Martin started her acting career with a role in a touring company of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown.
- She relocated from New York City to Toronto in 1970 from where she established herself in the industry.
- She starred in the Toronto production of Godspell in 1972.
- She made her film debut with the small role in the 1971 film, Fox Lady.
- She made her television debut with a guest role in the variety show, The Hart and Lorne Terrific Hour in 1971.
- She won the Sitges Film Festival Award for Best Actress for her role in the 1973 horror film, Cannibal Girls.
- She rose to prominence after she joined the Canadian sketch comedy tv series, SCTV in 1976.
- She played various roles in the show as well as impersonated f Barbra Streisand, Ethel Merman, Arlene Francis, Pauline Kael, Sally Field, Sophia Loren, Beverly Sills, Lynn Redgrave, Linda Lavin, Bernadette Peters, Liza Minnelli, Connie Francis, Mother Teresa, Joni Mitchell, Alice B. Toklas, Patti Smith, Brenda Vaccaro, and Indira Gandhi.
- She was nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Variety Show for her work in SCTV.
- She won two Emmy Awards for Outstanding Writing in a Variety or Music Program in 1982 and 1983.
- She worked in SCTV from 1976 to 1984.
- She made her Broadway debut in the musical, My Favorite Year in 1992.
- She won the Tony Award, Theatre World Award, and Drama Desk Award for Best Featured Actress in a Musical for he work in My Favorite Year.
- Her other Broadway credits include Candide (1997) and Oklahoma! (2002), and the Broadway premiere of Young Frankenstein (2007). She won Tony Award nominations for Best Featured Actress in a Musical in those Broadway productions.
- She was nominated for Drama Desk and an Outer Critics Circle Award for her role as Juliette in the Broadway revival of Exit the King.
- She wrote and performed in the critically acclaimed one-woman show Nude, Nude, Totally Nude in Los Angeles and New York City. She won a Drama Desk Award for Outstanding One-Person Show in 1996.
- She won the Elliot Norton Award for Best Actress for her work in theater production, Betty's Summer.
- She won the Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Featured Actress in a Musical, the Outer Critics Circle Award for Best Featured Actress in a Musical, and the Tony Award for Best Featured Actress in a Musical for her work in the Broadway production of Pippin.
- She tours throughout Canada and the United States in her one-woman show, Andrea Martin: Final Days, Everything Must Go! with her musical director Seth Rudetsky.
- Some of Martin-starring major films are Black Christmas (1974), Wag the Dog (1997), Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2001), My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002), My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (2016), and Little Italy (2018).
- She is also known for providing a voice in several movies and television shows.
- She has done considerable voice work in animated film and television productions such as Anastasia, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Rugrats as Aunt Miriam, The Secret of NIMH 2: Timmy to the Rescue as Muriel - Floyd's wife, The Simpsons (as Apu's mother), Recess as Lunchlady Harriet, the 1999 version of The Woody Woodpecker Show, Earthworm Jim, Kim Possible, The Buzz On Maggie, SpongeBob SquarePants, and Brother Bear 2.
- She published her biography, Andrea Martin's Lady Parts in 2014.
Who is Andrea Martin Husband?
Andrea Martin has been married once. She was married to Bob Dolman, who is a Canadian screenwriter, actor, director, and producer. The couple was married from 1980 until their divorce in 2004. The couple shares two sons together, Joe and Jack.
How Tall is Andrea Martin?
Andrea Martin stands at a height of 1.62 m tall. She has a body weight of around 121 lbs i.e. 55 kg. She has a slim body build. Her eye color is hazel and her hair color is dark brown. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is Andrea Martin Net Worth?
Andrea Martin earns from her professional career as an actress. She has spent over five decades in the entertainment industry. In her career spanning over 5 decades, she worked in numerous movies, television shows, and theater productions. For her works, she has won numerous awards. She has made her fortune working in the entertainment industry. At present, her net worth is estimated at $1 million.
Trivias About Andrea Martin You Need To Know.
- Her paternal grandparents were Armenian immigrants who moved to the U.S. from the Ottoman Empire.
- Her maternal grandparents were Armenians from Yerevan and Constantinople (now Istanbul).
- Her grandfather changed the family's name from Papazian to Martin.
- She withdrew from the Broadway production of Gary: A Sequel to Titus Andronicus after breaking four ribs in an accident during rehearsal.
- She has been a prominent spokesperson for the Children of Armenia Fund and host of their annual gala.
- She became a Canadian citizen after working there for 47 years.
- She is a member of the charity Artists Against Racism.