Andrew Fletcher - Bio, Net Worth, Death, Wife, Age, Facts, Career
Andrew Fletcher, better known as Andy Fletcher or simply Fletch was an English keyboard player and DJ who was best known as the founding member of the band, Depeche Mode. Having formed the band in 1980, the band went on to release fourteen studio albums, six live albums, and 10 compilation albums. He also worked as a DJ for several years of his career.
The legendary keyboardist died aged 60 on 26 May 2022.
What is Andrew Fletcher Famous For?
- Founding member of the band, Depeche Mode.
Where is Andrew Fletcher From?
Andrew Fletcher was born on 8 July 1961. His birth name is Andrew John Leonard Fletcher. His birth place is in Nottingham in England. He held English nationality. He belonged to white ethnicity and his religion was Christianity. His zodiac sign was Cancer. He was born to his father, John Fletcher, and his mother, Joy Fletcher. He had three younger siblings. His hometown is Basildon where he moved from Nottingham at the age 2. He played football while active in the local Boys' Brigade.
Andrew Fletcher Career
- Andrew Fletcher was 15 years old when punk rock arrived on the music scene.
- He was influenced by Siouxsie and the Banshees, the Cure, Kraftwerk, Human League, and OMD.
- Fletcher and his schoolmate Vince Clarke formed the short-lived band, No Romance in China. He was a bass guitarist of the band.
- He then formed the band Composition of Sound with Martin Gore and Clarke in 1980.
- He was a chief songwriter and lead vocalist until singer Dave Gahan joined the band as the lead vocalist.
- They changed the band's name, Depeche Mode.
- The band released its debut album, Speak & Spell in 1981.
- Shortly after, Clarke left the group.
- Alan Wilder joined the band as the quartet in 1982 until his departure in 1995.
- The trio remained active until the release of their album Spirit and its world tour in 2017.
- Fletcher undertook various roles in the band. He played bass in the band in its early years.
- The band did not have a full-time manager. Thus, Fletcher handled many of the band's businesses.
- He also sorted out disputes among the members of the band.
- He contributed a variety of supporting synthesizer parts, including bass parts, pads, strings, drone sounds, and various samples during the live shows and in the studio.
- He launched his own record label, a Mute Records imprint called Toast Hawaii in 2002. The label signed the band, CLIEИT and coordinated the recording of their eponymous 2003 debut and 2004's City.
- CLIEИT left the label in 2006 and the label had been inactive since then.
- He toured as a DJ to CLIEИT's live shows.
- He occasionally DJed in festivals and club gigs in Europe, Asia, and South America.
- His DJ set from 15 February 2004 in Warsaw was distributed titled One Night in Warsaw.
- He toured European clubs in 2015.
Who is Andrew Fletcher Wife?
Andrew Fletcher was a married man. He was married to his longtime girlfriend, Grainne Mullan. The couple got married on 16 January 1993. The couple had two children, Megan and Joe.
What is Andrew Fletcher Cause of Death?
Andrew Fletcher died on 26 May 2022. He died from natural causes at the age of 60.
What is Andrew Fletcher Height?
Andrew Fletcher stood around 6 feet and 2 inches tall. He had a body weight of around 75 kg. His eye color is hazel and his hair color is blonde.
His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Andrew Fletcher Net Worth?
Andrew Fletcher was a popular keyboardist. He was the founding member of the electronic band, Depeche Mode. The band has released fourteen studio albums and several live and compilation albums. He made his fortune from his music career. His net worth is estimated at around $70 million.
Trivias About Andrew Fletcher You Need To Know.
- He was the only member of the band who did not sing.
- The band's music has earned numerous Grammy nominations in the past years.
- He was an excellent chess player.
- He owned a restaurant in St. John's Wood called Gascogne during the 1990s.
- He suffered financial settlements due to his bad investments in the mid-1990s.