Facts About Andrew Garfield
|39 Years Old
|Andrew Russell Garfield
|Place Of Birth
|Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Lynn Garfield (mother) and Richard Garfield (father)
|University of London
|Source of Wealth
|5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
|74 kg or 163 pounds
|Instagram Twitter Wikipedia Youtube
Andrew Russell Garfield, professionally known as Andrew Garfield is an English and American actor. He earned global recognition for his role in "The Amazing Spider-Man" film series, where he played the titular character. His first job was at Starbucks, being moved between three separate establishments in Golders Green and Hendon. Andrew, who initially found success as a stage actor in London, made his film debut in the American war film "Lions for Lambs". He also gained BAFTA and Golden Globe nominations for his role in "The Social Network" and an Academy Award nomination for his starring role in "Hacksaw Ridge". He played the main role in the film "Boy A" for which he won a British Academy Television Award. Additionally, He won his third Golden Globe Award nomination in 2022 for his leading role as Jonathan Larson in the biographical musical drama film "Tick, Tick... Boom!" (2021).
- Being an English and American actor.
- For his role in "The Amazing Spider-Man".
Where is Andrew Garfield from?
Andrew Garfield stepped into the world for the very first time on 20th August 1983 in Los Angeles, California, U.S. His birth name is Andrew Russell Garfield and his nationality is British. He came from the mixed ethnic background. Similarly, his religious belief is in the Jewish religion and his race is white. Garfield has celebrated his 38th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Leo. He is the son of Lynn Garfield (mother) and Richard Garfield (father). Sadly, his mother died of pancreatic cancer. He has an older brother who is an NHS doctor at Royal Brompton Hospital.
Regarding Andrew's education, he attended Priory Preparatory School in Banstead and later City of London Freemen's School in Ashtead, before training at the Central School of Speech and Drama, University of London.
What does Andrew Garfield do for a living?
- Andrew Garfield kicks off his career by winning a "Manchester Evening News" Theatre Award for Best Newcomer for his performance in "Kes" in 2004 after which he made his British television debut in 2005 appearing in the Channel 4 teen drama "Sugar Rush".
- He then appeared in series three of the BBC's "Doctor Who" in 2007 and made his American film debut in November 2007, playing an American university student in the ensemble drama "Lions for Lambs".
- He also gained much fame after starring in the Channel 4 drama "Boy A" which was released in November 2007.
- Likewise, he has appeared in several films and TV series such as "The Other Boleyn Girl", "Red Riding", "Never Let Me Go", "The Social Network", and many others.
- Later he was seen as Spider-Man/Peter Parker in Marc Webb's "The Amazing Spider-Man" (2012) as well as he made his Broadway theatre debut as Biff Loman in the revival of "Death of a Salesman" in March of the following year.
- He co-produced and starred in the 2014 independent drama 99 Homes and reprised the titular role in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" in 2014 and played the role of Prior Walter in Tony Kushner's two-part play "Angels in America".
- He starred in Gia Coppola's drama "Mainstream" and appeared in "The Eyes of Tammy Faye" in 2021.
- In 2021, he also portrayed composer Jonathan Larson in Lin-Manuel Miranda's film adaptation of "Tick, Tick... Boom!" as well as he reprised his role as Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe film "Spider-Man: No Way Home".
- Moreover, Andrew will next star in Dustin Lance Black's miniseries "Under the Banner of Heaven".
Awards and Achievements
- BAFTA Awards for his work in "Boy A"
- Golden Globe Awards for his work in "Tick, Tick... Boom!"
- Tony Awards for his work in "Angels in America"
- Capri Actor Award for his work in "Hacksaw Ridge"
- Desert Palm Achievement Award for his work in "Tick, Tick... Boom!"
- Evening Standard British Film Awards for his work in "Never Let Me Go" and "The Social Network"
- Drama Desk Awards for his work in "Angels in America"
Who is Andrew Garfield Dating?
Andrew Garfield is an unmarried man. He is currently dating model and singer Alyssa Miller. The couple was first spotted together in November 2021 and made their red carpet debut together at the SAG awards in February 2022. He previously dated his "The Amazing Spider-Man" co-star Emma Stone sometime during the production of the film in 2011. In 2015, the pair were rumored to have broken up although no formal statement was released. Furthermore, talking about Andrew's sexual orientation, he is straight. However, when asked about his sexuality, Garfield identified himself as heterosexual but has stated "I have an openness to any impulses that may arise within me at any time."
How much is Andrew Garfield's Net Worth?
Andrew Garfield is a talented guy who has a net worth of $14 million as of 2022. He also earns a handsome amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. With his calm and easy-going personality, he is expected to get more popular in the coming years, and we can expect him to climb the ladders of success in the television industry. Andrew has appeared in a Doritos commercial. He was also made the ambassador of the Sport for the Worldwide Orphans Foundation (WWO). In addition, his major source of income is his acting career.
What is the Height of Andrew Garfield?
Andrew Garfield has unarguably accomplished a decent height career-wise. He stands at an ideal height of 5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm with a balanced bodyweight of 74 kg or 163 pounds. He has dark brown hair and eyes color. Besides, his body build type is average.
Trivias About Andrew Garfield You Need To Know.
- He trained at the Center for Speech and Drama at the University of London.
- He earned BAFTA and Golden Globe nominations for his role in The Social Network and an Academy Award nomination for his starring role in Hacksaw Ridge.
- His role in the play Kes at Manchester's Royal Exchange Theatre in 2004 earned him Best Newcomer awards from the Manchester Evening News and the Evening Standard Theatre.
- He won a British Academy Television Award for Best Actor for his role in the 2007 film Boy A.
- Born in Los Angeles and raised in Epsom, England, Garfield began his career on the UK stage and in television productions.