Facts About Andrew W.K.
|Celebrated Name||Andrew W.K.|
|Age||44 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Andrew Fetterly Wilkes-Krier|
|Place Of Birth||Stanford, California, U.S.|
|Father||James E. Krier|
|Height||6 ft 2 in or 188 cm|
|Weight||83 kg or 183 lbs|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|High School||Community High School|
Andrew Fetterly Wilkes-Krier is an American rock singer, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, and actor who is professionally known as Andrew W.K. He started his musical career in the mid-1990s performing in a number of local bands before eventually moving to New York, where he produced his first recordings under the Andrew W.K. moniker. He released the single "Party Hard" in 2001 and also released the hit album "We Want Fun". He recorded his first song when he was fourteen years old whereas his first band was called Slam. He was also the host of the Cartoon Network Show "Destroy Build Destroy". Additionally, Andrew W.K. announced in January 2021 that a new single, "My Tower" would be released as a 7" vinyl and for digital streaming on 15th January.
- Being an American rock singer, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, and actor.
- For the hit album "We Want Fun".
What is Andrew W.K. Real Name?
Andrew W.K. stepped for the very first time into the world on 9th May 1979 in Stanford, California, U.S. He was born with the real name of Andrew Fetterly Wilkes-Krier in the Christian religious family. He is American by nationality and American-white by ethnicity. Andrew has celebrated his 42nd birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Taurus. His father is Professor James E. Krier, a legal scholar at the University of Michigan Law School and co-author of the widely used Dukeminier & Krier Property casebook. His mother is Wendy Wilkes. His younger brother, Patrick, was a golf pro and is now a golf coach in Michigan.
Regarding Andrew's education, he began learning piano at the University of Michigan School of Music at the age of 4. He later attended the private college preparatory Greenhills School for middle school before attending the alternative Community High School from 1993 to 1997, where he continued to study piano and keyboard.
How did Andrew W.K. start his career?
- Andrew W.K. kicks off his music career in the mid-1990s performing in a number of local bands before eventually moving to New York, where he produced his first recordings under the Andrew W.K. moniker after which he joined the band Slam, later to be called Reverse Polarity in 1993 at the age of 14.
- A song recorded by W.K. entitled "Mr. Surprise" was included on "Plant the Flower Seeds" in 1996 and he moved from Michigan to New York City in 1998, where he worked as a bubblegum machine salesman, an opera ticket salesman, a fashion photographer, among other short-lived jobs.
- Then he ended the AAB project and began recording new solo material under his full "Andrew Wilkes-Krier" name; the year saw the release of a cassette-only single entitled "Room to Breathe" on Hanson Records.
- He also recorded the soundtrack for an independent film named "Poltergeist" made by Aaron Dilloway and himself, one track of which appeared on the Hanson Records compilation "Labyrinths & Jokes".
- He released his first EP, "Girls Own Juice" in March 2000, also abbreviated as "AWKGOJ", on Bulb Records, which would be his first solo release under the moniker Andrew W.K.
- "Girls Own Juice" was followed by another Bulb Records EP entitled "Party Til You Puke" in October 2000 and following the release of "Party Til You Puke", Andrew left Bulb Records amicably to sign with Island Records.
- On 13th November 2001, his major-label debut studio album, "I Get Wet", was released and his second studio album "The Wolf" was launched in late 2003.
- W.K. debuted a new song entitled "I'm a Vagabond" in March 2006 and released his fourth studio album, "The Japan Covers" on 26th November 2008. His fifth studio album "55 Cadillac" served as the label's second release.
- W.K. released a Japan-only album entitled "Gundam Rock" on 9th September as well as he released a new EP entitled "The "Party All Goddamn Night" EP" in March 2011.
- W.K. announced in September 2017 that a new studio album would be set for release on 2nd March 2018 via Sony Music and in November he announced its title, "You're Not Alone" whereas the album was released on 2nd March 2018. In August 2018 he revealed to "Riff Magazine" that he had begun recording his next album.
- Later Andrew signed with Napalm Records in October 2020 and announced that he was working on a new album.
- He announced in January 2021 that a new single, "My Tower" would be released as a 7" vinyl and for digital streaming on 15th January featuring the B-Side "Party Prostitute."
- He announced on 6th May 2021 that his sixth studio album, "God Is Partying", was to be released on 10th September 2021, and on 14th July 2021, the video for Everybody Sins was released and features an appearance by Kat Dennings.
- The album "God Is Partying" was released alongside the single "Stay True To Your Heart" in September 2021.
- Andrew W.K. announced in June 2012 that he would be appearing at the "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" fan convention Canterlot Gardens.
- He announced "The Power of Partying tour" in July 2016 which was his first nationwide speaking tour, spanning the entire country with stops in all 50 U.S. states.
- Also, he was named the Person of the Year by the American Association Of Suicidology in February 2018.
- Besides, Andrew announced in September 2013 that his first book about partying, "The Party Bible," will be published by Simon & Schuster.
- He also starred as a fictional version of himself, "Intern Andrew W.K.," in a live show for Welcome to Night Vale, entitled "The Librarian".
- He is featured on Nekrogoblikon's album titled "Heavy Metal" which was launched on 2nd June 2015.
- He has also made appearances on the shows, "I Love The 90's", "I Love The New Millennium", "Black to the Future", "I Love The Holidays", "The Great Debate", "Best Week Ever and The Osbournes".
- He was also featured on a popular MTV show called "Crashing With Andrew W.K." whereas he had a television show on MTV2 titled "Your Friend, Andrew W.K." in 2004.
- Andrew has also produced and mixed music for other artists as well as working on special commercial music projects.
- W.K. announced a new radio show called "America W.K." on TheBlaze Radio Network on 28th April 2015.
Andrew W.K. Girlfriend: Who is he married to?
Andrew W.K. was a married man but he is currently in a relationship. He recently confirmed that he is dating actress Kat Dennings after the two met in Los Angeles in early 2021. A week later, on 13th May 2021, the couple announced their engagement on Instagram.
He previously tied a knot with Cherie Lily on 4th October 2008, in a traditional Persian wedding ceremony at Santos Party House, a nightclub in Chinatown that W.K. co-owned. The pair met through their mutual heavy-metal voice instructor, and Lily performed with W.K.'s band as a vocalist and hype woman from 2006 until 2018. W.K. has two children but keeps them out of the public eye. However, he announced via a press release in May that he and his ex-wife Cherie had begun amicable divorce proceedings in late 2019. Reflecting on his sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Andrew W.K. Net Worth?
Andrew W.K. has a net worth of $6 million as of 2021. He also earns a fine amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. He's living an American dream. Andrew has the access to all the world's luxury and comfort. He has not done any endorsement work yet. In addition, his major source of income is from his rock singer, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, and actor career.
What is the Height of Andrew W.K.?
Andrew W.K. has unarguably accomplished a decent height career-wise. He stands at a tall height of 6 ft 2 in or 188 cm with a balanced bodyweight of 83 kg or 183 lbs. Andrew has dark brown hair and eyes color. He has an athletic body build type.
Trivias About Andrew W.K. You Need To Know.
- Andrew recorded his first song when he was fourteen years old.
- His first band was called Slam.
- He was the host of the Cartoon Network Show Destroy Build Destroy.
- He toured with Ozzy Osbourne for Ozzfest in 2001.
- He also released the hit album "We Want Fun".