Facts About Andy Roddick
|Celebrated Name||Andy Roddick|
|Age||40 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Andy Roddick|
|Birth Name||Andrew Stephen Roddick|
Andy Roddick is an American former professional tennis player who is best known for winning the title at the 2003 US Open which made him world no.1 in 2003. He used to compete in singles and in doubles.
He got inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame alongside Kim Clijsters on 22nd July 2017. He is considered to be one of the best tennis players of his period along with Rodger Federer and Raphael Nadal. He also held the fastest serve record for a period at 155mph.
He is also active in the social media platform with around 1.4 million followers on Twitter: @andyroddick
What is Andy Roddick famous for?
- Famous as an American former professional tennis player
- Known for being the world no.1 in 2003 after winning the title at 2003 US open
Where is Andy Roddick from?
Andy Roddick was born on August 30 1982 in Omaha, Nebraska, United States. His birth name is Andy Stephen Roddick. He holds an American nationality. His ethnicity is White while Virgo is his zodiac sign.
He was born as the youngest child of Jerry Roddick(father) and Blanche Roddick(mother). His father was a businessman while her mother was a school teacher. He has two older brothers, Lawrence and John. John is also a former tennis player. He was raised in Austin, Texas along with his brothers. Then, his family moved to Florida for his brother's tennis career.
He did his schooling from SEK Boca Prep International School and got graduated in 2000. Later, he attended the University of Nebraska High School. While in high school, he played college basketball. Roddick started playing tennis for fun with his brothers and later he pursued it as his career. He was inspired by his brother, John, and former tennis player, Andre Agassi.
As a junior, he competed in many tennis competition. During his junior tennis career, there was a time when he wanted to quit tennis due to his losing streak. However, his then coach, Tarik Benhabiles helped him to get over from his decision. In 1999, he finished at No.6 in the US Junior and finished at No.1 in 2000. He also won the US Open and Australian Open Junior singles Titles in 2000. As a junior, he won six singles titles and seven double titles.
Andy Roddick's Career: Highlights
- Andy Roddick started his professional tennis career in 2001 by defeating Fernando Vicente at the ATP level.
- In 2002, he defeated then World No.1 "Gustavo Kuerten" in the Miami Masters. He also defeated 7-time Wimbledon Champion, Pete Sampras in the third round of the Miami Masters.
- He faced Younes El Aynaoui in the quarterfinals of the 2003 Australian Open. They battled for the five hours in the fifth set which was the longest fifth set in a Grand Slam Tournament. He got the victory with the points 21-19.
- He got defeated by Swiss tennis player, Rodger Federer in the 2003 Wimbledon semifinals. Rodgers went on to become the winner.
- In the same year, he won the Master Series Titles which was his only Grand Slam title
- At the age of 21, Roddick reached the peak of his career by being ranked World no.1 in 2003. He became the youngest and the first American to do so after his idol, Andrei Agassi in 1999.
- His reign at No.1 ended after Roger Federer won 2004 Australian Open and he ranked no.1.
- In the year 2005, he became the first to win the SAP Open in consecutive years since Mark Philippoussis in 1999 and 2000.
- After being ranked lower than no.10 for the first time since 2002, he started to work under his new coach, tennis legend "Jimmy Connors".
- At his first Grand Slam finals, he got defeated by his all-time rival and then no. 1, Rodger in 2006.
- He reached the semi-finals of 2007 Australian Open and was again defeated by Rodger in straight sets. The record between them became in favor of Rodgers with 13-1 wins.
- at the end of 2007, he had a knee injury and had to miss many other competitions.
- He faced Rodger in the Wimbledon Finals 2009 and again got defeated by him. The final between them was recorded as the longest men's Grand Slam in finals.
- In 2010 and 2011, he took a short break from competitions due to his shoulder injury.
- He won the Aegon International title after defeating Andreas Seppi in the finals. After winning the title, he became the only male tennis player besides Roger Federer to have won at least one title every year in the past 12 years.
- Due to his recurring injuries, he announced his retirement in singles in 2012 with a world rank of No. 39.
- In the year 2015, he teamed up with Mardy Fish and competed in the 2015 BB&T Atlanta Open where his team lost in the quarterfinals. After the tournament, he retired from the doubles as well.
- He ended his professional tennis career with 34 titles in singles and 4 titles in doubles.
- On 22nd July 2017, Riddick got inducted into the International Tennis Hall of Fame alongside Kim Clijsters.
Who is Andy Roddick married to?
The former American tennis player, Andy Roddick is married once throughout his life which was with Brooklyn Decker. Decker is an American actress and model who is mostly known for her appearance in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. The couple started dating in 2007 and got engaged on 31st March 2008. The couple finally tied the knot on 17th April 2009 in Astin, Texas.
They are blessed with a son, Hank who was born on 30th September 2015, and with a daughter who was born on November 27, 2017. He has also hosted few shows on Fox Sports Radio and was hired as the co-host for the network's program "Fox Sports Live". He has also interviewed his wife on the radio show in 2012. At present, he along with his family is living a luxurious lifestyle and a happy life.
What is the net worth of Andy Roddick?
Andy Roddick has quite good earnings from his professional career as a former tennis player. Having started his career since 2000 at the age of 18, he has won 38 titles. With all of his titles for over years, Andy has managed to amass a healthy fortune in million worth which is estimated to be around $20 million as of 2020.
How tall is Andy Roddick?
The former professional tennis player, Andy Roddick is a good looking man with athletic body physique in his 30s. With his impeccable hustle game and charming personality, Ferg has managed to win several hearts all around the world. He stands tall with a height of 6ft 2inches while his body weighs around 89kg.
He has a fair complexion with blonde hair and brown eyes. His feet size is 12.