Facts About Andy Ruiz Jr.
|Celebrated Name||Andy Ruiz Jr.|
|Age||33 Years Old|
|Nick Name||The Destroyer|
|Birth Name||Andres Ponce Ruiz Jr.|
|Place Of Birth||Imperial, California|
|Father||Andres Ruiz Sr|
|High School||Imperial High School|
|Son||Richie and Andy Ruiz|
|Daughter||Beverley and Bella|
|Net Worth||$10 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Boxing Career|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Weight||128 kg or 283 pounds|
Andy Ruiz Jr. nicknamed 'The Destroyer' is a professional American-Mexican boxer. He explained that his nickname, 'Destroyer', was acquired before he started boxing, because as a child, "I was always destroying stuff." He is a former unified heavyweight champion who defeated Anthony Joshua to win the WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, and IBO titles in 2019. He also became the first male boxer of Mexican heritage to become a world heavyweight champion. As of May 2020, he is ranked as the world's fourth-best active heavyweight by the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board, sixth by BoxRec, 8] and seventh by The Ring magazine. His recent fight was against Chris Arreola.
Andy Ruiz Jr. VS Chris Arreola
Ruiz Jr. vs. Arreola took place May 1 at the Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, Calif. Andy Ruiz Jr. (34-2) and Chris Arreola (33-7-1, 2 no-contests) collided in a heavyweight contest in the main event, which aired live on pay-per-view. Judges have it 117-110, 118-109, and 118-109 all in favor of Ruiz winning the fight against Chris Arreola.
- Being a professional American-Mexican boxer.
- Being the strongest active heavyweight in the world.
- For making history by becoming the first boxer of Mexican descent to win a world heavyweight title.
What is the Real Name of Andy Ruiz Jr.?
Born with the real name/birth name of Andres Ponce Ruiz Jr., his date of birth is September 11, 1989. As per his birth date, his age is 31 as of 2020. His place of birth is in Imperial, California, the USA. His parents had emigrated from Mexico to the U.S. His parents were born in Mexico, making Ruiz eligible to represent Mexico. He holds American-Mexican nationality and his ethnic background is mixed. Whereas his race is White. He is the son of Andres Ruiz Sr and Felicitas. His father is a former construction worker who started his own business flipping houses. He had a passion for baseball before his father got him into boxing. He also worked for his father in construction for a time before deciding to become a full-time boxer. His grandfather owned a boxing gym in Mexicali that was used by featherweight champion Jorge Paez. He grew up with his three siblings (sisters). He is Christian by religion and his Zodiac sign is Virgo.
About Ruiz's educational background, he graduated from Imperial High School in 2007.
How was the Boxing Career of Andy Ruiz Jr.?
- Andy Ruiz Jr.'s amateur boxing career began training under Cuban trainer Fernando Ferrer. His boxrec as an amateur was 105-5. His 105 wins include two Mexican National Junior Olympics gold medals and a title at the Ringside World Championships.
- Then, he made his professional debut on 28th March 2009 against Miguel Ramirez winning the fight via a first-round knockout.
- As of March 2020, he made his American debut at the Gaylord Hotel in Texas, knocking out Luke Vaughn in round one. After that, he fought Miles Kelly, Raymond Lopez, Francisco Diaz, Kelsey Arnold, Alvaro Morales, Angel Herrera, Villi Bloomfield, Elijah McCall, Homero Fonseca, Jonte Willis.
- Traveling to Macau to fight at the Cotai Arena against undefeated 30-year-old American Joe Hanks; Ruiz won the fight and claimed the vacant WBO Inter-Continental heavyweight title with this win.
- Also, he fought former WBO heavyweight champion, 38-year-old Siarhei Liakhovich on 20th December 2014 at the Celebrity Theater in Arizona.
- Then, he defeated Joell Godfrey, Raphael Zumbano. Ray Austin, Josh Gormley and later he lost the fight to the 40-year old Franklin Lawrence (21-2-2, 16 KOs) for the WBC-NABF heavyweight title.
- After then, he fought against Joseph Parker for the WBO heavyweight title on 10th December 2016 losing to Joseph Parker with the score of 114–114, 115–113, and 115–113. The fight peaked at 585,000 viewers, with an average of 521,000 viewers.
- His next fight came against Devin Vargas where Ruiz landed a big right hand to the head of Vargas, dropping him. He showed good power and speed during the short fight. For the bout, Ruiz trained with Manny Robles. Ruiz received a $500,000 purse.
- Against Kevin Johnson, Ruiz dominated Johnson over ten rounds, winning via unanimous decision with scores of 99-91, 97-93, and 97-93.
- On 11th January 2019, he signed a deal with powerful advisor Al Haymon, and would now be part of the Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) stable. For the PBC, he fought his debut match against Alexander Dimitrenko in which Ruiz won the fight. He made $200,000 winning the fight.
- Prior to the fight against Alexander, he defeated Joshua by technical knockout in the seventh-round, capturing the unified WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, and IBO titles.
- Rematching the fight against Joshua, Ruiz lost via unanimous decision, with the three judges scoring the bout 118-110, 118-110, and 119-109. He admitted he hadn't trained diligently for the fight, stating "I should have taken this fight more seriously. Three months of partying and celebrating affected me."
- He next fought Chris Arreola (former WBC title challenger) on Fox PPV on 1st Mary 2021 (Saturday) which was his first fight with his new trainer Eddy Reynoso in his corner.
- Recovering from a second-round knockdown, he won a unanimous decision with scores of 118-109, 118-109, 117-110.
- Regarding his boxing records, out of his 36 fights, he won 34 fights and lost 2 matches.
Who is Andy Ruiz Jr. Wife?
Married man, Andy Ruiz Jr.'s wife name is Julie who is Ruiz's longtime girlfriend. The duo is blessed with five kids; Richie Ruiz (son), Andy Ruiz (son), Beverley Ruiz (daughter), and Bella Ruiz (daughter). He is currently residing in his hometown of Imperial, California with his wife and kids. His wife, Julie is an award-winning creative and design director with over fifteen years of experience in the film, music, and broadcast industries, including leadership, branding, design, photography, and advertisement. Details about their married date and wedding His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth and Salary of Andy Ruiz Jr.?
Andy Ruiz Jr. is a professional boxer who has made a huge amount of money from his career. As of 2021, the net worth of Andy Ruiz Jr. is estimated to have $10 Million as per sources whereas his salary is between $500K-$1 Million. His major source of wealth comes from his boxing career and till now, he has made more than $8 Million. For the winning fight against Devin Vargas, he received a $500,000 purse.
How tall is Andy Ruiz Jr.?
Andy Ruiz Jr. is a handsome boxer with medium body type. His tall height measures 6 ft 2 in or 188 cm. His highest reach is 74 in or 188 cm. His weight consists of 283 pounds or 128 KG. Back then, he has also done weight loss procedures. He has inked a lot of tattoos on his body. Overall, he has got a healthy body and he is very conscious about his food intake. He regularly does exercises to keep himself fit and fine.
Andy Ruiz Jr. Awards and Achievements
- World Ringside Heavyweight Championship
- Two Mexican National Junior Olympics gold medals
Trivias About Andy Ruiz Jr. You Need To Know.
- Andy Ruiz Jr.'s nickname is 'The Destroyer'.
- He is a former unified heavyweight champion who defeated Anthony Joshua to win the WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, and IBO titles in 2019.
- He became the first male boxer of Mexican heritage to become a world heavyweight champion.
- His real name is Andres Ponce Ruiz Jr.
- His parents were born in Mexico, making Ruiz eligible to represent Mexico.