Facts About Angel Cabrera
|Celebrated Name||Angel Cabrera|
|Age||53 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Angel Cabrera|
|Place Of Birth||Cordoba, Argentina|
|Source of Wealth||Golf career|
|Net Worth||$15 million|
|Salary||$406,543 per year|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||210 lb (95 kg; 15 st)|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Twitter|
Angel Cabrera, an Argentine professional golfer is well recognized for playing on both the European Tour and PGA Tour. He was previously given his first set of golf clubs at age 16, after being a caddy since age 10. He had his first Major Championship with a first-place finish at the 2007 U.S. Open. He is also a two-time major champion, with wins at the U.S. Open in 2007 and the Masters in 2009. He turned professional at age twenty and his first three visits to the European Tour Qualifying School were unsuccessful.
Angel Cabrera jailed for assaulting ex-girlfriend
Angel Cabrera, Argentinian golfer was convicted in the province of Cordoba for assaulting, threatening, and harassing his ex-partner - but has denied any wrongdoing. The Argentinian golfer was convicted of assaulting, threatening, and harassing Cecilia Torres Mana, his partner between 2016 and 2018. The 51-year-old received his sentence in a court in the province of Cordoba, 500 miles northwest of Buenos Aires, after being arrested by Interpol agents in Rio de Janeiro in January. He denied any wrongdoing and will begin serving his jail term immediately.
- Being an Argentine professional golfer.
- For playing on both the European Tour and PGA Tour.
Where is Angel Cabrera from?
Angel Cabrera was born on 12th September 1969 in Cordoba, Argentina holding Argentine nationality. He came from Argentine-white ethnic background. Similarly, Angel's religion is Christian and his race is white. He has celebrated his 51st birthday as of 2020 and he will be celebrating his 52nd birthday in the September of 2021. As per his birthdate, his star sign is Virgo. His father, Miguel Cabrera, was a handyman, and his mother worked as a maid. His parents split up and were left in the care of his paternal grandmother. He has three siblings too.
What does Angel Cabrera do for a living?
- Angel Cabrera kicks off his golf career becoming professional at age twenty and being qualified for membership of the European Tour in 1996 after which he retained his card comfortably in his first three seasons and improved substantially to tenth on the Order of Merit in 1999. He has since finished in the top 15 of the Order of Merit on seven occasions, with the best placing of fifth in 2005.
- His first European Tour win was the 2001 Argentine Open whereas he won the BMW Championship in 2005 as well as won seven non-European Tour events in Latin America.
- Then on 2nd October 2005, he featured a highest of 9th in the Official World Golf Ranking and was the top-ranked Latin American player for a number of years before the emerging pair of Andres Romero and Camilo Villegas won PGA Tour tournaments in 2008.
- He won his first major championship at the 2007 U.S. Open at Oakmont near Pittsburgh and entered the third round as the leader at even par, after finishing the first round at 1-under, and shooting 1-over on the second day.
- Cabrera became the first Argentine player to win the U.S. Open and the second to win a major and also received the 2007 "Olimpia de Oro" as Argentina's sportsperson of the year.
- He later won the Masters Tournament in 2009 in a three-way sudden-death playoff and made par to defeat Perry, becoming the first Argentine to win the Masters on the second playoff hole.
- In 2010, he was granted the Platinum Konex Award as the best golfer from the last decade in Argentina.
- Angel was in the mix to win a second Green Jacket at Augusta when he was in the final pairing on Sunday in 2011.
- He posted a final round 71 which placed him in sole seventh which is his best finish in a major tournament since his win back in 2009. His best finish of the season was a T6 in the fall season at the McGladrey Classic.
- As well, he was in the final pairing on Sunday at the Masters 2013. He proceeded to lose the lead and after failing to birdie the par-5 15th and was two shots behind leader Jason Day after taking a two-shot lead on the front nine.
- Cabrera hit a 163-yard (149 m) 7-iron to 3 feet (0.9 m) and knocked in the putt to force a playoff whereas he occasionally competed in Argentinian events on PGA Tour Latinoamerica and won the 2012 Visa Open de Argentina and the 2013 Abierto del Centro.
- Also on 6th July 2014, he won the Greenbrier Classic in West Virginia which was his first PGA Tour victory since claiming the green jacket in 2009.
- He had a down year on the 2015 PGA Tour season and finished in the top-25 only twice and wound up 170th on the PGA Tour's money list.
- Additionally, he was a member of the international squad in the Presidents Cup in 2005, 2007, 2009, and 2013.
Who is Angel Cabrera Wife?
Angel Cabrera was a married golfer as he was married to his ex-wife Sylvia Cabrera. His son Federico became a professional golfer in 2008 and entered the PGA Tour's qualifying school in 2011, but was eliminated in the second stage. His other son, the Angel, became a professional in 2012 and joined the Canadian Tour. The elder Angel and his sons also compete on PGA Tour Latinoamerica. Concerning his sexual orientation, he is straight. His current residence is in Cordoba, Argentina.
How much is Angel Cabrera Net Worth?
Angel Cabrera is a versatile golfer who has a net worth of $15 million as of 2021. He has also a fine amount of salary which is around $406,543 per year. Angel has not done any endorsement work yet. In addition, his major source of income is from his golf career and he is happy and satisfied with his profession.
How tall is Angel Cabrera?
Angel Cabrera stands at an ideal height of 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m) with a balanced body weight of 210 lb (95 kg; 15 st). He has white hair and dark brown eyes color. His ethnic background is probably one of the reasons for his bold and extremely attractive personality. Cabrera is athletic by body build.
Trivias About Angel Cabrera You Need To Know.
- Angel was given his first set of golf clubs at age 16, after being a caddy since age 10.
- He had his first Major Championship with a first place finish at the 2007 U.S. Open.
- He has two sons, Angel and Federico.
- He finished one stroke ahead of Tiger Woods to win the 2007 U.S. Open Championship.
- He was the 2009 Masters Tournament Champion.