Angel Di Maria - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Height, Wife, Family, Facts
Angel Fabian Di Maria, professionally known as Angel Di Maria is an Argentine professional football player who plays for Serie A club Juventus and the Argentina national team as a winger and an attacking midfielder. Born and raised in Rosario, Argentina. As a child, he had an interest in football, but due to the low income his family earned, his parents couldn’t provide him football boots or even a football.
At the age of four, he joined Rosario Central and began his football career there. In 2007, he moved to Europe to play for Benfica. And three years later in 2010, Real Madrid signed him for €25 million. With Real Madrid, he won the UEFA Champions League in 2014 and within that year Manchester United signed him for a national record of £59.7 million. After a year in Manchester United in the summer of 2015, Paris Saint-Germain signed him for 4 years contract for €63 million. With Paris Saint-Germain, he won five league titles, five Coupe de France and four Coupe de la Ligue, which includes three domestic quadruples, and helped the club reach its first Champions League Final. He is also the club's ninth-highest goalscorer and all-time leader in assists. On 8 July 2022, he joined Juventus as a free agent after signing an annual contract.
On international levels, Angel Di Maria has represented Argentina at various age levels. He made his international debut in 2008. He won FIFA U20 World Cup in 2017 and in the 2008 Olympics, he scored the goal for Argentina U23 which won gold for his country. He has represented his country at three FIFA World Cups and four Copa America tournaments, where they reached the final of the 2014 World Cup, the 2015 Copa America, and the Copa America Centenario. He helped Argentina win the 2021 Copa America, scoring the only goal in the final, and allowed Argentina to capture their joint record 15th Copa America title and their first major international title since 1993. On 2 June 2022, he then won this second trophy with Argentina, winning the third edition of the CONMEBOL-UEFA Cup of Champions at Wembley.
Di Maria Famous For
- Being an Argentine professional football player.
- For playing as a winger or attacking midfielder for Serie A club Juventus.
Where is Di Maria From?
Angel Di Maria was born on 14 February 1988. His birth name is Angel Fabian Di Maria. His birthplace is Rosario, Argentina. He was one of the three children of Miguel and Diana where he grew up with his two sisters. His family was poverty-stricken. His father and mother used to work at the coal stack. At the age of ten, he began to help his parents to earn money as well as his sisters. He belongs to the Argentine and Italian ethnicity. His religion is Catholic. His horoscope sign is Aquarius.
Di Maria Football Career ( Club Career)
Di Maria started playing football for the youth team of Torito in 1991.
- At the age of four, Di Maria began his football career by joining Rosario Central.
- On 14 December 2005, Di Maria made his professional debut against Independiente, by replacing Emiliano Vecchio.
- On 24 November 2006, Di Maria scored for the first time with a win at home over Quilmes, a minute after replacing Leonardo Borzani at halftime.
- Following his impressive performance in July 2007, Di Maria was signed by Portuguese side Benfica, where he played as a winger.
- In the 2008-09 season, Di Mariawas able to win the Taca da Liga with Benfica.
- In 2009, Diego Maradona praised his skills and said that Di Maria was “Argentina's next superstar.”
- On 27 February 2010, Di Maria scored his first hat-trick win against Leixoes.
- In April 2010, Di Maria won Player of the Month April 2010 in Primeira Liga.
- Following his impressive performance and abilities, Di Maria was again able to win the 2009-10 Primeira Liga and Taca da Liga with Benfica.
- With his brilliant and impressive performance, Di Maria attracted the attention of the legendary Real Madrid football club.
- In 2010, Real Madrid signed him for €25 million.
- On 4 August 2010, Di Maria made his debut in a friendly match against Mexican side America.
- On 22 August 2010, Di Maria scored his first goal in another friendly away win against Hercules.
- On August 29, 2010, Di Maria made his league debut for Real Madrid in a match that ended in a draw.
- On 18 September, Di Maria scored his first league goal for Real Madrid in an away win over Real Sociedad.
- After ten days, Di Maria scored his first goal in the UEFA Champions League win against Auxerre.
- In 2010-11, Di Maria played a major role and won the Copa del Rey with Real Madrid.
- In his first season, Di Maria appeared in 53 matches and scored 9 goals which was an exceptional performance for an attacking midfielder.
- In the 2011-12 season, Di Maria's performances improved and were included in opening up a significant gap at the top of the assists table.
- Following his improving form from October 2011, Di Maria was picked by Madrid head coach Jose Mourinho ahead of Kaka and Mesut Ozil.
- Having such an amazing form and improvement Di Maria won the 2011-12 La Liga and 2012 Supercopa de Espana with Real Madrid.
- On 9 August 2012, Di Maria signed a new contract with Real Madrid, keeping him at the club until 2018.
- His 2012-2013 season was a mixed bag for him where Di Maria continued to perform throughout the season and assisted his teammates in several crucial moments. He registered seventeen assists and scored nine goals throughout the season in 52 appearances.
- In the 2013-14 season, Di Maria played mostly in the front as the attacker. He scored the winning goal for his team against Barcelona in Copa del Rey finals. He also assisted his team to a victory in the UEFA Champions League finals against Atletico Madrid. Where he was named the Man of the Match by the UEFA at the end of the match.
- This was widely considered to be the best year of his professional life where Di Maria won the 2013-14 UEFA Champions League, Copa del Rey, and also won the 2014 UEFA Super Cup with Real Madrid.
- Having the best performance, Manchester United signed him for a national record of £59.7 million making him one of the most expensive transfers of all time and the highest fee ever paid by a British club at the time.
- Di Maria inherited the number 7 shirt at United and made his debut on 30 August against Burnley, coming on as a substitute for Anderson after 70 minutes.
- On 14 September, Di Maria scored his first goal for United by netting directly from a free-kick win over Queens Park Rangers.
- On 2 October, Di Maria won Manchester United's Player of the Month award for September after recording two goals and two assists in his first four matches for the club.
- On 29 November, Di Maria was substituted with a hamstring injury 13 minutes into United's defeat of Hull City and subsequently made only one substitute appearance in the team's next seven matches.
- On 4 January 2015, Di Maria returned from injury to score a late goal in a win against Yeovil Town in the third round of the FA Cup.
- Having a hamstring injury and defect in matches this new role came in the midst of a bad run of form for Di Maria.
- At the end of the season, Di Maria was judged by pundits and journalists to be the worst signing of the season.
- On 25 July 2015, Di Maria failed to board a flight to the United States to join Manchester United's pre-season tour as scheduled, with manager Louis van Gaal saying he "did not know why".
- After a month in the summer of 2015, Paris Saint-Germain signed him for 4 years contract for €63 million.
- On 3 August, Di Maria made his Ligue 1 debut against Monaco, coming on as a 66th-minute substitute for Lucas, and assisted Ezequiel Lavezzi for the final goal of a 0–3 win at the Stade Louis II.
- On 15 September, Di Maria scored his first goal for PSG on his UEFA Champions League debut for the club a win over Malmo FF.
- On 23 April 2016, Di Maria scored the winning goal for PSG in the 2016 Coupe de la Ligue Final against Lille.
- With Paris Saint-Germain, he won five league titles, five Coupe de France and four Coupe de la Ligue, which includes three domestic quadruples, and helped the club reach its first Champions League Final. He is also the club's ninth-highest goalscorer and all-time leader in assists.
- At Paris Saint-Germain, he made 295 appearances for the club, scoring 93 goals and providing 119 assists in all competitions.
- On 8 July 2022, he joined Juventus as a free agent after signing an annual contract. He made his debut for the club on 15 August 2022 in Juventus's opening match of the Serie A season where he scored the opening goal and later assisted Dušan Vlahović's second goal in an eventual 3–0 home win but was substituted in the second half after sustaining an injury.
- Di Maria has represented Argentina's national teams at various age levels.
- Di Maria has already represented Argentina at U20 and U23. In 2007, he was picked to play for the Argentina U20 squad and capped the 2007 South American U-20 Championship in Paraguay and the 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup in Canada.
- Di Maria won the 2007 FIFA U20 World Cup with Argentina U20.
- On 28 January 2008, Di Maria and some of his U20s teammates were called up for the Argentina U23 squad for the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- With the brilliant performances, Argentina's victory against Nigeria to capture their second-straight Olympic gold medal in the final game of the Olympic tournament.
- Following his impressive performances for Argentina’s U20, and U23 teams, Di Maria was called up to the senior national team.
- On 6 September 2008, Di Maria made his debut for the Argentina senior team in a match against Paraguay.
- On 19 May 2010, Di Maria was selected by Argentinian manager Diego Maradona as one of a 23-man squad for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
- On 24 May, Di Maria scored his first-ever international goal, scoring from outside the box as his shot went off the post and in against a friendly win over Canada.
- Di Maria appeared three times during the 2011 Copa America, scoring once in a defeat of Costa Rica in the group stage.
- In the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification campaign Di Maria made 12 appearances and was named in Argentina's squad for the tournament finals.
- In the 2014 FIFA World Cup, Argentina finished the tournament as runners-up to Germany.
- On 28 May 2015, Di Maria was named in Argentina's squad for the 2015 Copa America.
- On 6 June, Di Maria was selected to captain the team in the absence of Lionel Messi for a warm-up match against Bolivia, scoring twice in a 5–0 win.
- On 30 June, Di Maria scored twice and assisted a goal for Sergio Aguero, as Argentina defeated Paraguay 6–1 to reach the final.
- Di Maria was substituted with a hamstring injury within the first half-hour of the final against hosts Chile, which his team lost in a penalty shootout after a goalless draw.
- In the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification campaign, Di Maria made 18 appearances.
- On 22 May 2018, Di Maria was named in the 23-man squad by manager Jorge Sampaoli for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
- On 30 June, Di Maria scored a long-range goal against France in a 4-3 defeat which saw Argentina eliminated from the World Cup in the Round of 16.
- On 21 May 2019, Di Maria was included in the 23-man Argentina squad for the 2019 Copa America.
- Di Maria helped Argentina win the 2021 Copa America, scoring the only goal in the final, and allowed Argentina to capture their joint record 15th Copa America title and their first major international title since 1993.
- On 2 June 2022, Di Maria then won this second trophy with Argentina, winning the third edition of the CONMEBOL-UEFA Cup of Champions at Wembley.
- Today, Di Maria has earned over 150 caps for his country. According to many sources in the coming days, he is thinking about ending his international career.
Di Maria's Personal Life
Due to his slender frame, Di Maria was nicknamed "Fideo", which means "noodle" in Spanish. He holds both Italian and Argentine passports, as his ancestors were from Italy.
In 2011, he married his biggest fan Jorgelina, a fellow Argentine who is five years older than him. The couple was blessed with two daughters named Pia & Mia. During the birth of Mia, they have to spend two months in hospital after she was born cause of her ill health and the couple somehow saved the life of their baby. He is considered to be a family man. He used his first paycheck to make his father quit his job and purchased a house for his parents and sisters. Now, he lives in Italy with his wife Jorgelina Cardoso, and daughters Pia & Mia. They are living happily together.
Di Maria Salary and Neth Worth 2022
Angel Di Maria earns from his professional career as a football player. He is an Argentine professional football player who currently plays for Serie A club Juventus. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. He has several club records. In July 2007, he was transferred to Portuguese side Benfica for a transfer fee of €8 Million. In July 2010, Real Madrid signed him on a five-year contract for €25 million, plus €11 million in incentives. In August 2014, Di Maria signed a five-year deal with Manchester United for a transfer fee of £59.7 million, one of the most expensive transfers of all time and the highest fee ever paid by a British club at the time. In August 2015, Paris Saint-Germain signed him for a four-year contract for a transfer fee of €63 million. As of 2022, his net worth is believed to be €100 million and his salary is €7 million from his current club. About his car collection, he rides Supercars like Lamborghini Huracan, Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS, Aston Martin Vantage, Range Rover Sport, etc. In addition, his market value is around €12 million. As of now, he is satisfied with his earnings and is living a luxurious lifestyle.
Di Maria Body Measurement
Angel Di Maria stands at the height of 1.80m i.e. 5 feet and 11 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 75kg. Moreover, he has an athletic body build. His eye color and hair color are dark brown. His chest size is 37 inches, his arms size is 13 inches and his waist size is 29 inches. He frequently does exercise to maintain his body. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality. Additionally, he has several tattoos on his body. He newly got a tattoo of the Copa America trophy after winning it with Argentina. He also got many other tattoos on his body parts like a Rose tattoo, a Name tattoo, a Stars and Cross tattoo, a Football tattoo, a Jesus tattoo, etc.
Angel Di Maria’s Transfer History
- Di Maria started playing football for the youth team of Torito in 1991.
- In 1992, Di Maria joined the youth team of Rosario Central and began his career at the club.
- In July 2007, Di Maria was transferred to Portuguese side Benfica for a transfer fee of €8 Million.
- In July 2010, Real Madrid signed him on a five-year contract for €25 million, plus €11 million in incentives.
- In August 2014, Di Maria signed a five-year deal with Manchester United for a transfer fee of £59.7 million, one of the most expensive transfers of all time and the highest fee ever paid by a British club at the time.
- In August 2015, Paris Saint-Germain signed him for a four-year contract for a transfer fee of €63 million.
- In July 2022, Di Maria joined Juventus as a free agent after signing an annual contract.
Awards and Achievements
- Won the 2009-10 Primeira Liga with Benfica.
- Won the 2008-09, 2009-10 Taca da Liga with Benfica.
- Won the 2011-12 La Liga with Real Madrid.
- Won the 2010-11, 2013-14 Copa de Rey with Real Madrid.
- Won the 2012 Supercopa de Espana with Real Madrid.
- Won the 2013-14 UEFA Champions League with Real Madrid.
- Won the 2014 UEFA Super Cup with Real Madrid.
- Won the 2015-16, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20, 2021-22 Ligue 1 with Paris Saint-Germain.
- Won the 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2020-21 Coupe de France with Paris Saint-Germain.
- Won the 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, 2019-20 Coupe de la Ligue with Paris Saint-Germain.
- Won the 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020 Trophee des Champions with Paris Saint-Germain.
- Won the 2007 FIFA U20 World Cup with Argentina U20.
- Won the 2008 Olympic Gold Medal with Argentina U23.
- Won the 2021 Copa America with Argentina.
- Won the 2022 CONMEBOL-UEFA Cup of Champions with Argentina.
- SJPF Player of the Month: April 2010
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2013-14
- FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2014
- Olimpia de Plata: 2014
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2014
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2014 ESM Team of the Year: 2015-16, 2019-20
- UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year: 2015-16, 2018-19
- UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Month: December 2015
- IFFHS CONMEBOL team of the decade 2011-2020
Trivias About Angel Di Maria You Need To Know.
- He is a quick, tricky and talented winger who is also capable of playing as a more central attacking midfielder or on either side of the pitch, although he is predominantly a left-footed player.
- During Mid-2017 Di Maria was sentenced to one year for admitting tax fraud. He told that he have defrauded the Spanish government out of 1.1 million Euros during his four-year spell at the Bernabeu.
- He wears shirt number 22 for Juventus.
- As a teammate he has played with Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney, and another famous footballer.
- He was UEFA Champions League top assist provider of 2019–20 with 6 Assists.