Facts About Angela Rye
|43 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Eddie Rye, Jr.
|University of Washington, and Seattle University School of Law
|5 ft 9 in
Angela Rye is an American attorney and political commentator of CNN as well as a political analyst with National Public Radio. She is often called "Beyonce of CNN". She is the Principal and CEO of IMPACT Strategies, an advocacy firm based in Washington, DC. She served as the executive director and general counsel to the Congressional Black Caucus for the 112th Congress. As of today, she is running the boards of the Congressional Black Caucus Institute, Congressional Black Caucus Political Action Committee, Seattle University School of Law Alumni, and Women in Entertainment Empowerment Network. Moreover, she also serves as a senior advisor to the Government Technology and Services Coalition and is a member of Links, Incorporated. She is also active in social media with more than 1.5 million followers on her Instagram account and more than 426K followers on her Twitter account with username @angela_rye.
- Being an American attorney and political commentator of CNN.
- Being the Principal and CEO of IMPACT Strategies.
Where is Angela Rye from?
Angela Rye was born on 26th October 1979 which makes her the present age of 41. It is believed that she was named after Black Panther activist Angela Davis. Her birthplace is in Seattle, Washington, the USA, and her hometown is in the Madrona section of Seattle. She holds American nationality and she came from American-White ethnicity. Her father is Seattle community activist Eddie Rye, Jr. (born 1940). Her father is also a small business consultant. Her mother, Andrea Rye is a retired college administrator. She is a single child born to her parents. Thus, she doesn't have any siblings. However, she considers ‘Charlamagne Tha God’ her spiritual brother. She follows Christianity religion and her Zodiac sign is Scorpio.
About her educational qualification, Angela graduated from Seattle's all-girls Holy Names Academy, the University of Washington, and Seattle University School of Law.
How was the Career of Angela Rye?
- Angela Rye started her journey to a career in legislative advocacy at the National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher Education, an umbrella association of 120 historically black colleges and universities in the United States.
- She later served as the Coordinator of Advocacy and Legislative Affairs. Back then, she worked in the district office of Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA) and served as the Western Region Director of the National Black Law Students Association.
- Moreover, she has also co-founded IMPACT, an organization aiming to encourage young professionals in economic empowerment, civic engagement, and political involvement after she moved to Washington. She next founded IMPACT Strategies, a political advocacy firm.
- Additionally, she is the only recurring guest on The Breakfast Club radio station.
- On 6th December 2016, Twitter users began championing her name to Charlamagne The God after he received backlash from tweeting he wished women of color had a platform "like Tomi Lahren did" which led to the two conversings and fostering a friendship they retain.
- She also served as the Senior Advisor and Counsel to the House Committee on Homeland security. There, she developed the general political strategy, focusing on modernizing government contracting practices and opening doors of opportunity for small businesses.
- She served as the Executive Director and General Counsel to the Congressional Black Caucus for the 112th Congress.
- Currently, she is a political commentator for CNN and has been featured as an on-air personality on several media outlets, including HuffPost Live, TV One, and BET.
Awards and Achievements
- Leader of the Year Award
- 2013 Howard University CDA Progressive Young Leader Award
- Honor of Fortune's 40 Under 40 Women to Watch
- Seattle University African-American Alumni Award
- CDA Progressive Young Leader Award
Who is Angela Rye Dating?
Angela Rye is currently supposed to be in a romantic relationship with her boyfriend, Karim Webb, a restauranteur, and activist. As of today, their relationship status is unclear yet. Hope their couple will stay last long. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Back then, Angela dated Common, an American rapper and songwriter by profession. Their relationship couldn't work and ended after 2 years.
How much is Angela Rye Net Worth?
As of 2021, the net worth of Angela Rye is estimated to have $3 Million. She is making a salary of around $200K at present from CNN and other channels like BET. IMPACT Strategies is her main source of income. She is living a cool lifestyle.
How tall is Angela Rye?
Angela Rye is a beautiful news correspondent who stands tall at the perfect height of 5 ft 9 in and her body weight consist of 54 KG. Her body type is slim and her body measurement is 34-25-35 inches. Angela has beautiful black curly hair. She has a pair of dark brown eyes. Overall, she has got a healthy body.
Trivias About Angela Rye You Need To Know.
- Angela Rye is often called "Beyonce of CNN".
- She is the Principal and CEO of IMPACT Strategies, an advocacy firm based in Washington, DC.
- It is believed that she was named after Black Panther activist Angela Davis.
- She is a single child born to her parents.
- She is a political commentator for CNN and has been featured as an on-air personality on several media outlets, including HuffPost Live, TV One, and BET.