Last updated on August 24th, 2023 at 06:17 am
Facts About Angelique Kerber
|Celebrated Name||Angelique Kerber|
|Age||35 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Kerber Baby|
|Birth Name||Angelique Kerber|
|Place Of Birth||Bremen|
|Famous For||Professional Tennis Player|
|Height||5 feet 8 inches|
|Body Measurement||Chest : 36 Inches, Waist : 26 Inches, Hips : 35 Inches|
|Hair Color||Medium Blonde|
|Eye Color||Light Blue|
|Awards Won||WTA Player of the Year 2016, German Sportswoman of the Year 2016|
|Awards||US Open Sportsmanship Award 2016, ITF World Champion 2016|
|Favorite Food||Vegemite, Tim Tams|
|Favorite Sports||Swimming, Formula1, Football|
|Salary||Around $ 5 Million|
|Net Worth||$30 million USD|
|Source of Wealth||Tennis|
Angelique Kerber is a famous German professional tennis player who has won the Grand Slam tournaments three times and is one of the World's best female tennis player. She also became the runner-up in Rio Olympics 2016. She became the oldest player to be No.1 in the world on 12th September 2016.
What is Angelique Kerber famous for?
- Famous as a German professional tennis player
- Famous as the oldest female tennis player to rank no.1 in the World
- On 10th June 2019, Angelique Kerber has ranked no.6 in the World.
- Recently on 30th June 2019, she lost against world no. 95 Lauren Davis in the second round of Wimbledon Championship 2019.
When was Angelique Kerber born?
Angelique Kerber was born on 18th January 1988 in Bremen, Germany. Her birth name is Angelique Kerber. German is her nationality. She also holds Poland citizenship. Her ethnicity is White. Capricorn is her zodiac sign.
She was born to Slawomir Kerber(father) and Beata Kerber(mother). Her father is her manager. She has a sister, Jessica Kerber.
She was raised in Kiel, Germany. She started playing tennis at the age of 3 years. She started playing in different tennis competitions at a young age. At the age of 15, she won her first junior title in tennis. She did her schooling in Germany. Later in 2012, she moved to Poland where her maternal grandfather has an indoor tennis facility.
How is Angelique Kerber's career?
- In the year 2007, Angelique Kerber started her professional tennis career with a loss against Elena Dementieva in her debut match in Grand Slam main draw at French Open. She reached quarterfinal at the French Open and lost to Anna Chakvetadze. In the same year, she played at the US Open.
- She won her first Grand Slam victory at the Australian Open against Maret Ani in 2008. She played in the Qatar Total Open, the German Open and the French Open. In the same year, she won ITF titles in Spain and France. In the year 2009, he won a tennis tournament in Spain and reached the second round at the US Open.
- She reached her first WTA tour final and lost to Mariana in 2010. She also reached third round in a Grand Slam for her first time before losing to Svetlana.
- In 2011, she reached quarterfinals at the Hobart International and lost to Bethanie in the quarterfinals. She also became runner-up at the Bahamas Women's Open Championship. In the same year, she also reached the semifinals at the US Open before losing to Marion Bartoli. At the end of the season, she ranked world no 32.
- She won her first WTA title at the Open GDF Suez after defeating Marion Bartoli in the finals in 2012. In the same year, she also reached semi-finals in Wimbledon Championship and she ranked no. 5 at the end of the season.
- She reached the finals of the Fed Cup representing Germany and became runner up after being defeated by Slovakia in the year 2014. She won four WTA titles back to back in 2015. In the same year, she also reached quarterfinals at the Brisbane International.
- In the year 2016, she won her first Grand Slam title after defeating the defending champion, Serena Williams in the finals. She also reached the semi-finals at the Volvo Car Open as the defending champion, but she could not plays the semi-finals due to her illness.
- She also defended her title at Porche Tennis Grand Pix after defeating Laura in the finals. She also became the runner-up in the 2016 Rio Olympics. On 12th September 2019, she ranked no.1 in the world.
- In July 2018, she won her first Wimbledon title after defeating Serena Williams in the finals. In October, she split with her former coach, Wim Fissette. She hired a new coach, Rainer Schuttler by November. She ranked no. 9 in the world by the end of the season.
- In 2019, she has reached 4th round in the Australian Open and reached semifinals in the Qatar Opens and Moneterry Opens. She also reached her first Premier Mandatory finals and became runner up. On 30th June 2019, she could not defend her Wimbledon title after losing to Lauren Davis in the second round. She is currently ranked no.6 in the world.
How is Angelique Kerber's personal life?
The German tennis player, Angelique Kerber is not married yet. At present, she is also not in any relationship.
Previously, she was in a secret relationship with a tennis coach, Torben Beltz. She currently lives in Poland.
She has won the WTA player of the year 2016 and the German Sportsman of the year 2016. She is also active in social media with 644k followers on Instagram.
What is the net worth of Angelique Kerber?
The German tennis player, Angelique Kerber has an estimated net worth of $30 million USD as of 2019.
Her worth includes all her property and all her earnings from her tennis matches.
She also earns additional income from her endorsement deals with IBM, Addidas, Delta Airlines and Beats.
How tall is Angelique Kerber?
The 31 years aged, Angelique Kerber has an athletic body. She stands 5 feet 8 inches tall and has a body weight of 149 lbs .
She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and blue eyes. Her body measurement is 36-26-35 inches. She has a shoe size of 9(US).
Trivias About Angelique Kerber You Need To Know.
- Angelique Kerber is born right handed but she plays tennis from her left hand.
- She is a huge fan of German FC Bayern Munich