Facts About Anirban Lahiri
|Celebrated Name||Anirban Lahiri|
|Age||35 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Anirban Lahiri|
|Place Of Birth||Pune, India.|
|Father||Dr. Tushar Lahiri|
|Source of Wealth||Golf career|
|Net Worth||$6 million|
|Salary||$105,226 per year|
|Height||5 ft 9 in / 175 cm|
|Weight||176 lb / 80 kg|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Links||Wikipedia Instagram Facebook Twitter|
Anirban Lahiri is an Indian professional golfer who is well recognized for playing on the Asian Tour and PGA Tour. He learned to play golf at the age of eight from his father. "I would just go out there and I would go pick up golf balls for him, and we would go chip, putt for 15 minutes because it was getting dark," Lahiri remembers. "That's how it all started." Lahiri is also active in social media as he has gained more than 10.1k followers on his Instagram account and over 13.7K followers on his Twitter account. Additionally, he finished 118th in the FedEx Cup for the 2021 season retaining his card for the 2022 PGA Tour season with the highest finish of T3 at the Barbasol Championship. Anirban finished second at The Players Championship by one stroke to Cameron Smith in march 2022.
Anirban Lahiri Creates History
Anirban Lahiri created history after he finished as a runner-up in the historic Players Championship being held in Florida. Lahiri shot 12 under to finish second and missed the Players Championship Trophy of the prestigious PGA event by just 1 stroke. Australia's Cameron Smith lifted the trophy as he holed 10 birdies in a six-under-par 66 to win on 13 under. "I am just relieved. I have gone through two years of playing horrible and the last time I contended on a field this good was maybe five years ago...It has been a long time since I have been in this position, since I have played like this, in this position, in the quality field like this so it is huge for me," Anirban Lahiri said after finishing second.
"When you go through such a lean period for such a long time your belief takes a hit. You question yourself, 'Man, was that a flash in the pan? What are you doing? You haven't played well in so long," he said on his performance which also earned him a huge cash prize. This for me (finishing runner in Players Championship) is huge. I am going to recement my foundation and work upwards from here," he added.
- Being an Indian professional golfer.
- For playing on the Asian Tour and PGA Tour.
Where is Anirban Lahiri from?
Anirban Lahiri was born on 29th June 1987 in Pune, India. He holds Indian nationality and belongs to the Asian ethnicity. Similarly, his religious belief is in the Hindi religion and his race is black. Anirban has celebrated his 34th birthday as of 2021 and as per his birthdate, his star sign is Cancer. He is the son of his father, Dr. Tushar Lahiri, who was a physician with the armed forces and a recreational golfer. His mother's name is Navanita Lahiri.
What does Anirban Lahiri do for a living?
- Anirban Lahiri kicks off his golf career by joining the Asian Tour in 2008 after which he picked up his first victory in 2011 at the Panasonic Open and his second victory in 2012 at the SAIL-SBI Open.
- He broke into the top 100 in the Official World Golf Ranking for the first time in March 2014 and also had a lot of success on the Professional Golf Tour of India, where he has won eleven events and the Order of Merit in 2009.
- Then the big break came for him when qualified for his maiden major tournament the 2012 Open Championship at the Royal Lytham & St Annes Golf Club in Lancashire.
- Lahiri made it a most memorable outing, first by making the cut (68-72) and then with a hole-in-one at the par-3 9th hole in the third round en route to a T31 finish.
- He claimed his first official win on the European Tour at the Maybank Malaysian Open in February 2015, with a one-stroke victory over Bernd Wiesberger.
- He won his second event on the European Tour in his home country of India, at the Hero Indian Open whereas the two wins shot Lahiri into the top 50 of the Official World Golf Ranking qualifying him for the 2015 Masters Tournament.
- He is the third Indian national to play in the Masters, after Jeev Milkha Singh and Arjun Atwal as well as Anirban made the cut at his first appearance and ended the tournament with scores of 71-75-74-72 on his four rounds, leaving him tied for 49th with Jason Dufner.
- In August 2015 at the PGA Championship which took place at Whistling Straits, he posted rounds of 70-67-70-68 for a score of 13.
- As well, he won the PGA of America's pre-tournament long-drive contest on Tuesday, hitting a 327-yard drive that won him a traditional gold money clip and a $25,000 charitable donation in his name.
- His performance set multiple records for an Indian golfer; he became the first Indian to shoot sub-par scores in all four rounds in a major.
- He was named to the 2015 Presidents Cup squad, the first player from India to earn the honor whereas he also notched his first top-10 of the 2016 PGA Tour season with a T-6 finish at the Dean & DeLuca Invitational.
- He qualified for the 2016 Summer Olympics, earning a spot in the field of 60 players to compete at the Olympic Golf Course in Rio de Janeiro, and was once again named in the 2017 Presidents Cup team.
- He finished the 2017 PGA Tour season finishing a career-high 51st in the FedEx Cup standings. Lahiri shot his lowest round on the PGA Tour in the 2018 PGA Tour season, a 61 at A Military Tribute at The Greenbrier. His best finish was a T-5 at the CJ Cup in the 2018 PGA Tour season.
- Lahiri gained his PGA Tour card back for the 2020 season through the Korn Ferry Tour Finals by finishing 10th in the overall standing and struggled on the 2020 PGA Tour and finished 219th in the FedEx Cup standings.
- Anirban managed to hold on to his PGA Tour card due to circumstances related to the pandemic which resulted in postponement and cancellation of events, players who were on the PGA Tour for the 2020 season maintained guaranteed status for the 2021 season.
- He also finished 118th in the FedEx Cup for the 2021 season retaining his card for the 2022 PGA Tour season with the highest finish of T3 at the Barbasol Championship.
- Lahiri finished second at The Players Championship by one stroke to Cameron Smith in March 2022. The Players is held at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida which is the strongest field of the year and has the richest purse of any tournament.
Who is Anirban Lahiri's wife?
Anirban Lahiri is a married man. He tied a knot with his long-time partner, Ipsa Jamwal in May 2014 with whom he is blessed with a daughter named Tisya. The couple is having a good time together, which signifies they do not have affairs with other people. Concerning Lahiri's sexual orientation, he is straight. He currently resides in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, U.S.
Anirban Lahiri Career Earning: Net Worth and Salary
Anirban Lahiri has a net worth of $6 million as of 2022 whereas he also earns a fine amount of salary which is around $105,226 per year. With his calm and easy-going personality, he is expected to get more popular in the coming years, and we can expect him to climb the ladders of success. In addition, Anirban's major source of income is from his golf career.
Anirban Lahiri Height: How tall is he?
Anirban Lahiri stands at an ideal height of 5 ft 9 in / 175 cm and his body weighs around 176 lb / 80 kg. He has good-looking dark brown hair and eyes color. Moreover, his body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Anirban Lahiri You Need To Know.
- Lahiri hails from a Bengali family.
- He joined the Asian Tour in 2008.
- Lahiri has also had a lot of success on the Professional Golf Tour of India, where he has won eleven events and the Order of Merit in 2009.
- Lahiri is a resident of Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
- In May 2014, he married his long-time partner, Ipsa Jamwal.