Facts About Annabella Sciorra
|63 Years Old
|Annabella Gloria Philomena Sciorra
|Actress , Actress
|Place Of Birth
|Brooklyn, New York, US
|United States of America
|South Shore High School
|College / University
|Herbert Berghof Studio
|American Academy of Dramatic Arts
|Married But Divorced
|Joe Petruzzi (M. 1989; Div. 1993)
|Source of Wealth
|5 feet 4 inches
|Bra Cup Size
|Wikipedia, Instagram, Facebook
Annabella Sciorra is an American actress. She is famous for portraying the role of Claire Barrel in the movie The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, her role in the film True Love for which she received an Independent Spirit nomination for the Best Female Leas in the year 1989 and The movie Jungle Fever in 1991 gave her huge recognition and which opened many doors for success. Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Annabella Sciorra famous for?
- An American Actress.
- Her film roles include True Love (1989), Jungle Fever (1991) and Drama series, The Sopranos(2001-04).
Where is Annabella Sciorra from?
Recalling her early life, Annabella was born as Annabella Gloria Philomena Sciorra in Wethersfield, Connecticut, the USA to a fashion stylist mother and a veterinarian father. She was raised in Brooklyn, New York.
Further information regarding her parents and siblings are still unknown. Both of her parents are Italian American making her of Italian descent. She holds an American nationality. She follows Christianity and her zodiac is Aries.
Where did Annabella Sciorra go for education?
Concerning her education, Anabella attended South Shore High School in the Canarsie neighborhood of Brooklyn and graduated in 1978. She also studied dance as a child, and later she enrolled at Herbert Berghof Studio in drama lessons. In 1980 she graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
When did Annabella Sciorra begin her acting career?
- Before beginning her career in professional acting, Annabella founded a repertory group named the Brass Ring Theater Company. She was 21st at that time. She began her stint with screen acting in 1988, with the role of Octavia in the TV miniseries The Fortunate Pilgrim, based on Mario Puzo’s novel.
- Her film debut was as Donna in the wedding comedy True Love (1989). Her performance was appreciated, and she received a nomination for the Independent Spirit Award for the Best Female Lead.
- In 1990, she worked in three diverse films: Internal Affairs, a crime thriller starring Richard Gere; Cadillac Man, a comedy starring Robin Williams; and Reversal of Fortune, a suspense drama based on a true story. Her supporting roles in The Hard Way and Reversal of Fortune drew notice and helped her earn a role in Jungle Fever.
- The 1991 romantic drama Jungle Fever featured her as Angie Tucci, opposite Wesley Snipes. Her performance in this Spike Lee movie earned her good reviews.
- In Curtis Hanson’s psychological thriller The Hand That Rocks the Cradle (1992), She was seen in the lead role of Claire Bartel. The film was a commercial success, and her work received appreciation.
- She continued to work in several films. Some of her noteworthy projects were Mr. Wonderful (1993), alongside Matt Dillon; Cop Land (1997), opposite Sylvester Stallone; and What Dreams May Come (1998), with Robin Williams. The last film featured a powerful performance by her, as a despairing widow named Annie Collins-Nielsen.
- Some of her other films of this period were The Night We Never Met (1993), Romeo is Bleeding (1993), and The Addiction (1994).
- Her portrayal of a tough car saleswoman named Gloria Trillo in the ‘HBO’ series The Sopranos (2001-2004) fetched her a nomination for the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series.
- She worked in multiple episodes of the courtroom series Queens Supreme (2003) and the Fox series Mental (2009). The drama series Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2005-2006) featured her in the recurring role of Detective Carolyn Barek.
- She also appeared on other TV shows, such as Touched by an Angel, the medical drama ER, The L Word, the legal and political drama series The Good Wife, and the forensic crime drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
- The courtroom crime comedy Find Me Guilty (2006) featured her with Vin Diesel. She earned accolades in this Sidney Lumet film, which was based on the true story of the longest mafia trial in American history. She also worked in films such as The Maid’s Room (2013) and Friends and Romans (2014).
- In the second season of the web TV series Luke Cage (2018), she essayed the role of Rosalie Carbone, a fictional gangster from Marvel Comics. She repeated the same role that year when she appeared in the third season of the web TV series Daredevil.
- She has also performed in stage plays such as The Vagina Monologues, Roar, Those the River Keeps, and Spain. Further, she has appeared in The Kitchen, a crime movie in 2019. Similarly, she appeared the Truth Be Told (2019-2020).
Is Annabella Sciorra married?
Reflecting on her personal life, Sciorra was a married woman. She exchanges the vows with actor Joe Petruzzi from 1989. After four years of marriage, their relationship turned sour and separated in 1993.
In 2004, she began a relationship with Bobby Cannavale which lasted for three years. The pair split up in 2007. Since then she has not been speculated for any further relationships.
In 2017, She accused producer Harvey Weinstein of raping her violently in the early 1990s and also of harassing her later on several occasions.
How much is Annabella Sciorra worth?
Being an actress, Annabella earns a decent amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $6 million and her average salary is $360 Thousand at present.
How tall is Annabella Sciorra?
Observing her body physics, Annabella stands a height of 5 feet 4 inches and weighs around 53 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of brown eyes and dark brown hair color. She used 33A bra size and 6 (US) dress sizes. Further, she has an hourglass body with a body measurement of 34-23-33 inches.
Trivias About Annabella Sciorra You Need To Know.
- She has never appeared in a film nominated for the Best Picture Oscar till dates.
- She was listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1990" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 42.