Anne Curtis Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Family, Nationality, Age, Facts
Anne Curtis is a Filipina-Australian actress, model, television host, entrepreneur, and recording artist who is best known for her lead role of Bernadette( Fatima De Vera) in the 2005 Philippine fantasy soap opera television series "Kampanerang Kuba". She has won several awards including two FAMAS Awards, one Luna Award, two Metro Manila Film Festival Awards, and five PMPC Star Awards. Curtis has also released three studio albums: Annebisyosa, The Forbidden Album, and Forever Young.
Besides, she is one of the most influential celebrities in the Philippines who has been named as one of the top 100 digital stars in the Asia-Pacific region by Forbes Asia. She is the Philippines' top Instagram personality with around 17.7 million followers. She is the second most followed Filipino celebrity on Twitter with around 14.3 million followers and is the first to reach the 14 million mark on Twitter. She is also the 4th most followed Filipino celebrity on Facebook with over 18 million followers.
What is Anne Curtis famous for?
- Famous as a Filipina-Australian actress, model, television host, entrepreneur, and recording artist
- Known for her lead role of Bernadette( Fatima De Vera) in "Kampanerang Kuba".
Where was Anne Curtis born?
Anne Curtis was born on 17 February 1985 in Yarrawonga, Victoria, Australia. Her birth name is Anne Curtis. She holds Filipina and Australian nationality. Her ethnicity is mixed while Aquarius is her zodiac sign. She is of German-English-Irish-Filipino-Italian descent.
Curtis was born as the daughter of Carmencita Ojales(mother) and James Ernest Curtis-Smith(father). Her mother is a Filipina from Bolinao, Pangasinan while her father is an Australian lawyer. She has a younger sister, Jasmine. Jasmine is an actress, host, dancer, writer, and model who is best known for her role in the film "Transit". She has a brother named, Thomas. She also had a half-sister, Clare from her father's side who died in 2007 due to cardiovascular disease at four months old.
Growing up, she often visited her mother's relatives in the Philippines with her family. When she was 12, she was offered to be a participant in a children's beauty pageant but her father declined the offer thinking it was a scam while her mother always wanted Curtis to join the competition. Her mother made her go to different talent agencies without her father knowing it. She and her family then got settled permanently in the Philippines.
Anne Curtis's Career
- Anne Curtis started her career as an actress by making her film debut in "Magic Kingdom: Ang Alamat ng Damortis".
- She then signed with Viva Films and GMA Network.
- She portrayed the role of Jasmine in the Philippine television drama romance series "Ikaw Na Sana" from 1997-to 1998.
- In the year 2004, she moved to ABS-CBN which she considers as her majorly life-changing.
- She then appeared as Stephanie Borromeo in the Philippine television drama series "Hiram" from 2004 to 2005.
- She also became a host and a performer on ASAP.
- Cutis got her career breakthrough in 2005 for her lead role of Bernadette( Fatima De Vera) in the Philippine fantasy soap opera television series "Kampanerang Kuba".
- She also hosted the reality show "Qpids" with Luis Manzano.
- In the year 2006, she portrayed the starring role of Badong in the romantic drama film "All About Love".
- In the same year, she played the role of Celine Magsaysay in the drama series "Maging Sino Ko Man". She was appreciated a lot for her role in the series and also earned her first PMPC Star Awards for TV nomination.
- She then appeared as Michelle Valmonte in "When Love Begins" and as Feliza Reyes in "Baler" in 2008.
- She became one of the main hosts of the morning competition program "Showtime!" in 2009.
- In 2010, she made her big-screen debut by playing the role of Sandra in the Filipino romantic comedy film "Babe, I Love You".
- She starred as Angela Tuazon in the Philippine adaptation of the Korean drama "Green Rose" in 2011.
- She portrayed the role of Rafaela in the 2012 Filipino romantic drama film "A Secret Affair".
- In 2011, she starred in the romantic drama film "No Other Woman". The film became a huge success and the highest-grossing Filipino film. Her role was appreciated a lot and earned her the Best Actress Award.
- She played the role of Crystal in the 2014 independent American thriller film "Blood Ransom".
- Curtis won her second Best Female TV Host at the 29th PMPC Star Awards for Television after she shifted her focus to "Its Showtime" in 2015.
- She then became the lead host of the reality music competition "I Love OPM" and its spinoff in 2016.
- She played the starring role of Aya in "Sid & Aya: Not a Love Story" in 2018. The film became a huge success.
- In the year 2019, she portrayed the role of Mae in "Just a Stranger".
- She also appeared as Morisette Molina in the Filipino musical comedy film "The Mall, The Merrier".
- In the same year, she made her appearance as Marrz Balaoro in the Philippine television drama "Maalaala Mo Kaya".
- Besides being an actress, she is a well-established singer. She has released three studio albums to date.
- Curtis released her first studio album "Annebisyosa" on 25 September 2011 under Viva Records. The album was a huge hit and earned her good recognition.
- She then released her second album "The Forbidden Album" in 2014 and her third album "Forever Young" in 2016 under Viva Records.
- She also launched her makeup line named "BLK cosmetics" in September 2017.
Anne Curtis Awards
- 1st Myx Music Awards
- 2nd ASAP Pop Viewers' Choice Awards
- 3rd ASAP Pop Viewers' Choice Awards
- 1st Star Magic Ball
- PMPC Star Awards for Television
- 2nd Star Magic Ball
- Belo Medical Group's 18th Anniversary Ball
- 34th Metro Manila Film Festival
- 2008 Anak TV Seal Awards
- US GIRLS August Awards
- 3rd Star Magic Ball
- 5th ASAP Pop Viewers' Choice Awards
- 23rd PMPC Star Awards for TV
- Anak TV Seal Awards
- 27th People's Choice Dangal ng Bayan Awards
- 5th USTv Awards
- People's Choice Awards
- 4th Star Magic Ball
- 6th ASAP Pop Viewers Choice Awards
- Anak TV Seal Awards
- Studio 23's 1st Barkada Choice Awards
- Cosmopolitan Fun, Fearless Awards
- 29th Luna Awards FAP
- People Asia Magazine
- 5th ASAP 24K Gold Record Awards
- 33rd PMPC Star Awards for Television
- 9th EdukCircle Awards
- 67th FAMAS Awards
- 30th PMPC Star Awards for Television
Who is Anne Curtis' husband?
Anne Curtis is a married woman. She is currently married to her only husband, Erwan Heussaff. Erwan is a restaurateur and food blogger. The couple got engaged in December 2016 and finally got married on 12 November 017 in Queenstown, New Zealand. The couple became blessed with their only child, Dahlia Amélie on March 2, 2020. The couple named their daughter after Curtis' character in her 1997 debut film "Magic Kingdom: Ang Alamat ng Damortis".
Curtis is also a writer and has published a children's book titled "Anita, The Ducking Diva" in collaboration with UNICEF Philippines in February 2016. She is also a UNICEF's National Goodwill Ambassador since 2019. She became a celebrity advocate for UNICEF Philippines in March 2015.
How rich is Anne Curtis' net worth?
Anne Curtis has earned a good amount of money from her profession as an actress, model, host, and entrepreneur. Having started her career in 1997, Curtis has come a long way becoming one of the most popular Filipina actresses and TV personalities. She has been one of the most influential celebrities in the Philippines being the Philippines's top Instagram personality and 4th most followed Filipino celebrity on Facebook. Including all of her earnings, Curtis has an estimated net worth of $10 million as of 2022.
Anne Curtis Height, Weight
Anne Curtis is a beautiful lady with a well-maintained hourglass body physique in her late 30s. She has a fair complexion with light brown hair and a pair of dark-brown eyes. She stands tall with a height of 5ft 6 inches( 1.68m) and has a bodyweight of 58kg. Her body measurement is 34-23-33 inches. Her bra cup size is 34B.
Did You Know?
- Anne Curtis is the elder sister of actress, Jasmine.
- She was number one Instagram influencer in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- She was also the first Filipino to reach 14 million followers on Twitter.
- She considers her mother as her role model.
- She is the Philippines' top Instagram personality
- She is the 4th most followed Filipino celebrity on Facebook
- She is blessed with a daughter.