Anne Hegerty - Bio, Net Worth, Husband, Family, Facts, Age, Weight
Anne Hegerty is British reporter, writer, and TV personality. She is also an awesome quizzer. Today, we are known her because of her intelligence and uniqueness in several quiz programs like The Chase (2010-Present), Beat the Chasers (2020-Present), The Chase Australia (2015-20; 2021-Present), Mastermind (1988), and many others. Do you know that she held the 67th position in the World Quizzing Championships in 2017? She is also extremely popular on social media and has an impressive number of followers on her social media accounts. To know more about her, you should read the below article.
What is Anne Hegerty famous for?
- A British reporter, writer, and TV personality.
- Being one of the chasers on ITV’s game show “The Chase”.
Where is Anne Hegerty from?
Anne Hegerty was born in 1958 to her parents. Currently, she is aged 63 years old. Her birthplace is Westminster, London, England. Her parents are Shirley Hegerty and Kenneth Hegerty. However, her parents' professional details are yet to be disclosed. Also, she has a brother named Jon Hegerty. Similarly, she holds British nationality and belongs to the White ethnicity. Her birth sign is Cancer and she is a practicing Catholic.
For education, she graduated from Edinburgh College and did her post-grad at Cardiff.
Anne Hegerty Career
- Upon her graduation, she began her journalistic career in the 1980s as a reporter and feature writer at the South Wales Argus in Newport.
- She then worked as a ghostwriter and wrote two books for American children's author Richard Scarry.
- After that, she participated in the TV quiz show called 'Mastermind' as a contestant in 1998.
- In 2010, she appeared in the TV quiz show called 'The Case' as a chaser and she gives continuity to date.
- In 2013, she participated in the Bolton Premier Quiz League and won the title of Brain of Bolton.
- In 2014, she played the role of the wicked stepmother in the pantomime ‘Cinderella’ at The Grange Theatre in Northwich.
- In 2015, she was featured as Fleshcreep in the pantomime ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’ that premiered at the Civic Hall, Ellesmere Port.
- In 2016, she played the Enchantress in the pantomime ‘Beauty and the Beast’ at the Palace Theatre, Redditch.
- In 2017, She made a guest appearance in an episode of ‘Celebrity Juice.’
- Soon after, she appeared in 'I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue', and a BBC Radio 4 show.
- The same year, she played the Empress of China in the pantomime ‘Aladdin’ at the Princess Theatre.
- In 2018, she had got to serve as a presenter on ITV’s ‘Britain's Brightest Family' and still gives continuity.
- The same year, she appeared as a contestant on ‘I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!’
- Since 2020, she appeared as a chase on 'Beat the Chasers.'
- In 2021, she appeared on 'The Chasers Road Trip: Trains, Brains and Automobiles' and 'Catchprase: Celebrity Christmas Special.'
Is Anne Hegerty married?
Anne Hegerty was happily married to her longtime partner named Jake Hester. However, their early love story is yet to be revealed. The couple exchanged their wedding vows on October 21, 2015. Currently, the couple lives delightful life with each other. Further, her sexual orientation is straight.
How much does Anne Hegerty earn?
Anne Hegerty has been involved in the media industry since the 1980s. She worked as a reporter and then a writer. After that, she appeared in several TV shows. Throughout her career, she probably earned the sum of impressive money. Based on some online sites, her current estimated net worth is said to be $4 million. However, her salary and other financial details are yet to be disclosed.
Anne Hegerty Height, Weight, Size
Anne Hegerty has a stout body build with a height of 5 feet 8 inches. She weighs around 70 Kg. She used to wears 6 (US) shoe sizes. Similarly, her eyes are black and she has short dark brown hair. Further, her other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosure, we will let you know.
Trivias About Anne Hegerty You Need To Know.
- She said that the books which she written "were a bit rubbish and nobody bought them".
- In 2017, She held 67th position in the World Quizzing Championships.
- In 1980a, she worked as a reporter and feature writer at the South Wales Argus in Newport.
- She worked as a ghostwriter and wrote two books for American children's author Richard Scarry.