Last updated on May 3rd, 2022 at 02:36 pm
Facts About Anthony Elanga
|21 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Source of Wealth
|78,000 pounds per year
|5 feet and 10 inches
Anthony David Junior Elanga professionally known as Anthony Elanga is a Swedish professional football player who plays for the Premier League club Manchester United youth team and Sweden youth team as a forward. He started playing football for the youth team of Manchester United in 2018 where he made his U18s Premier League North debut as a schoolboy. His first glimpse of senior action arrived in the club's only pre-season friendly ahead of the 2020-21 season as a second-half substitute in United's pre-season friendly at Aston Villa where he became a key attacking weapon for Neil Wood's U23s, upsetting defenders with his pace and directness. On 16 March 2021, he signed a new long-term contract with the club.
On the international level, has represented Sweden at various under-age levels. In 2019, he played in the U17 European Championship and scored twice against France. He is yet to make his senior international team debut.
What is Anthony Elanga famous for?
- Being a professional football player.
- Being a son of former Cameroon international Joseph Elanga.
Where is Anthony Elanga from?
Anthony Elanga was born on 21 April 2002. His birth name is Anthony David Junior Elanga. His birthplace is Hyllie, Sweden. He was born to his father, Joseph Elanga who played at the 1998 World Cup finals for Cameroon, and his mother whose identity is still a mystery to the public. He holds Swedish nationality. He belongs to the African ethnicity. His religion is Christianity. His horoscope sign is Taurus.
Anthony Elanga Club Career
- He started playing football for the youth team of Manchester United in 2018 where he made his U18s Premier League North debut as a schoolboy, coming on as a substitute in the final match of the division at Liverpool.
- He made his mark during the 2018-19 term as a first-year scholar, scoring four times in 22 appearances for Neil Ryan's side, including a Goal-of-the Month contender against Newcastle United in March.
- In 2019-20, he was the leading scorer for the U18s, managing seven goals in nine league appearances before the season was curtailed prematurely by the COVID-19 pandemic. The following season, he was given the Jimmy Murphy Young Player of the Year award which is given each season to Manchester United's best academy player for their performances.
- His first glimpse of senior action arrived in the club's only pre-season friendly ahead of the 2020-21 season as a second-half substitute in United's pre-season friendly at Aston Villa where he became a key attacking weapon for Neil Wood's U23s, upsetting defenders with his pace and directness. He scored six goals for the reserves in the first half of the 2020-21 season before suffering a collar bone injury.
- On 16 March 2021, he signed a new long-term contract with the club.
- On 6 April 2021, he was added to the club's B list for the UEFA Europa League after recovering from his injury, making him eligible to play in the first leg of their quarter-final against Granada where he traveled to Spain with the squad the following day and was named on the bench as United won 2-0.
Anthony Elanga International Career
- He has represented Sweden at various under-age levels.
- In 2019, he played in the U17 European Championship and scored twice against France.
- He is yet to make his senior international team debut.
Anthony Elanga Girlfriend
Taking about his personal life, he is too young to get married. As of 2021, he is single and is not dating anyone. The young footballer is focusing on his professional career. Any updates on his love life will be updated here.
Anthony Elanga Height and Weight
Anthony Elanga stands at a height of 1.78m i.e. 5 feet and 10 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 65kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
Anthony Elanga Net Worth and Salary
Anthony Elanga earns from his professional career as a football player. His income is from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. As of 2021, his estimated net worth is $1 million and his salary is £78,000.
Trivias About Anthony Elanga You Need To Know.
- Elanga has carried his form from 2019/2020 into the current campaign with United’s Under-23 side, and would have featured more frequently had he not injured his collarbone in January.
- His father played at the 1998 World Cup finals for Cameroon, before having a couple of spells with Malmo.
- His enterprising play on the flanks caught the eye, and he also appeared eight times for the Under-23s.
- Lead coach Neil Ryan selected Elanga for the award under-18s.
- He received his first senior call-up for the Europa League game against Spanish side, Granada FC.