Facts About Anthony Hopkins
|Celebrated Name||Anthony Hopkins|
|Age||85 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Philip Anthony Hopkins|
|Profession||Actor , Director , Producer|
|Place Of Birth||Port Talbot, Glamorgan|
|School||Cowbridge Grammar School|
|College / University||Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama|
|University||Royal Academy of Dramatic Art|
|Spouse||Petronella Barker (M. 1966; Div. 1972), Jennifer Lynton (M. 1973; Div. 2002), and Stella Arroyave (M. 2003 - Present)|
|Father||Richard Arthur Hopkins|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Net Worth||$180 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Links||Instagram Twitter Facebook Wikipedia|
Anthony Hopkins is a Welsh actor, director, and producer who develop an interest in the entertainment industry after meeting with actor Richard Burton. He then went to learn to act at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama and Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. After that, he spends some time in theatre and played several plays. In 1968, he made his film debut in The Lion in Winter. The movie was a huge success. He then got many films offers and gave many blockbusters movies. Besides acting, he produces and directed some movies during his career. To know more about him and his successful career, you can read the page below.
What is Anthony Hopkins famous for?
- A Welsh actor, director, and producer.
- His performances on the screen and stage.
What is Anthony Hopkins' ethnicity?
Anthony Hopkins was born in 1973 to his parents. Currently, he is aged 84 years old and his birthdate is December 31. He is from Port Talbot, Glamorgan, Wales, United Kingdom. He holds Welsh nationality and belongs to the White ethnicity. His birth sign is Capricorn and his birth name is Philip Anthony Hopkins. Similarly, his parents are Richard Arthur Hopkins and Muriel Anne. His father is a baker however his mother's professional details are yet to be revealed.
For education, he was sent to West Monmouth Boys School but he left the school after some months and continued his education at Cowbridge Grammar School. He then went to the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama in Cardiff where he graduated in 1957. After that, he enrolled at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London.
Anthony Hopkins film career
- Upon his graduation, he debuted with a play, Have a Cigarette in 1960.
- He was then recognized by Sir Laurence Olivier who took him as an understudy at the Royal National Theatre in 1965.
- He has an amazing time while in theatre and later got a chance to act in the play, A Flea in Her Ear in 1967.
- After a year, he made a film debut as Richard the Lionheart in The Lion in Winter in 1968. The movie was a huge success.
- He then got many movie offers. In 1969, he appeared three movies; The Looking Glass War, Hamlet, and Department S.
- After that, he appeared in the television drama series, War and Peace from 1972 to 1973.
- In the 1970s, he acted in several films, some notable is Audrey Rose (1978) and Magic (1979).
- In the 1980s, he appeared in several movies playing award-winning roles in The Bunker (1981), Mussolini and I (1985), and 84 Charing Cross Road (1987).
- In 1991, he portrayed the cannibalistic serial killer Hannibal Lecter in Jonathan Demme’s The Silence of the Lambs. For the role, he won various awards.
- In 1993, he was portrayed as James Stevens in the film, The Remains of the Day. The film was reviewed very positively and received several Academy Award nominations.
- In 1995, he portrayed U.S. President Richard Nixon in the biographical film, Nixon. The film got nominated for several prestigious awards.
- In the 1990s, he acted in many other highly successful movies like Amistad (1997), The Mask of Zorro (1998), and Meet Joe Black (1998).
- In 2005, he played the lead role in the biographical film The World’s Fastest Indian.
- In 2008, he appeared in The Wolfman.
- In 2011, he appeared in Thor and its sequels, Thor: The Dark World (2013) and Thor: Ragnarok (2017) respectively.
- In 2019, he appeared in the biographical film, The Two Popes. He won an Academy Award nomination for his role.
- In 2020, he appeared in the film, The Father. He became the oldest Best Actor nominee (Academy Awards) for his role.
- In 2021, he appeared in several films and TV series like The Virtuoso, Where Are You, Zero Contact, and Mythic Quest.
- His upcoming projects are The Son and Armageddon Time. The film is in the post-production phase.
Who is Anthony Hopkins married to?
Anthony Hopkins married thrice to date. Firstly, he was married to Petronella Barker. The couple exchanged their wedding vows on September 2, 1967. Together, the couple blessed a daughter named Abigail Hopkins on August 20, 1968. After spending 5 years together, the couple was separated and later divorced in 1972.
After that, he was married to Jennifer Lynton. The couple exchanged their wedding vows in 1973. Also, the relationship did not go well, and later turned to divorced in 2002.
He then married an actress Stella Arroyave. The couple exchanged their wedding vows on March 1, 2003. Since then, the couple lives blissful life and there are no such rumors available that elaborate they are separating.
Further, he has previously been in a romantic relationship with celebrities like Geraldine Edwards (1985), Martha Stewart (1990-91), Joyce Ingalls (1995-96), and Francine Kay (1998-2001).
How much is Anthony Hopkins worth?
Anthony Hopkins has been engaged in the entertainment industry since 1960. Since then, he has appeared in several movies and TV series and often makes several films as well. Thus, he has earned an impressive amount of money throughout his career. Based on some online sites, his current estimated net worth is said to be $180 million. However, his salary and other financial details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Anthony Hopkins?
Anthony Hopkins has an average body with a height of 5 feet 9 inches and he weighs around 80 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of beautiful blue eyes and his hair color is white. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. Overall, he has a fit and healthy body.
Trivias About Anthony Hopkins You Need To Know.
- He is distantly related to the legendary poet, W. B. Yeats.
- He is is dyslexic.
- In 1975, he conquered his alcoholic addiction.
- One of his greatest pleasures in past years on his frequent visits to the USA was to get in a car and drive across the country, enjoying its immensity as well as his own anonymity.
- He is a member of the RADA Council.
- Though dyslexic, he's always possessed a great memory for scripts.
- He quit smoking cigarettes using the Allen Carr method.
- His favorite horror film is Rosemary's Baby (1968).
- His early ambition was to be a concert pianist.
- He is an agnostic.