Last updated on August 6th, 2023 at 06:55 am
Facts About Anthony Lopes
|32 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
Anthony Lopes is a French-born Portuguese international who plays as a goalkeeper for Portugal National Football Team and for the French top tier club, Olympique Lyonnais, generally known as Lyon. He wears shirt number 1 at Olympique Lyonnais and shirt number 12 for Portugal national team. He started his professional football career from the same club Lyon. He has represented the Portuguese national team at different age levels before making senior debut in 2015. He was also the member of Portuguese side thatwon the Euro 2016 under the captaincy of Cristiano Ronaldo. He is the recipient of Commander of the Order of Merit, a Portuguese honorific Order of civil merit.
Best Known for
- He was honored with Commander of the Order of Merit.
- Playing for Olympique Lyonnais.
Early Life of Anthony Lopes
Anthony Lopes was born on 1 October 1990. His birthplace is Givors, France. He was born to Portuguese parents. The name of his father is Jose Lopes. He holds Portuguese and French nationality. Lopes was fond of football since his childhood and he started training at OSGL Football in 1996.
Club Career of Anthony Lopes
- Born in Givors in metropolitan Lyon to Portuguese parents, Lopes joined local Lyon's youth system at the age of 9. He was promoted to the first team for the 2012–13 season, acting as third choice behind Rémy Vercoutre and Mathieu Valverde. His first match as a professional took place on 31 October 2012, in a 3–1 away loss against Nice in the Coupe de la Ligue. On 6 December he first appeared in the UEFA Europa League, in a 2–0 home win over Hapoel Ironi Kiryat Shmona that allowed the team to advance unbeaten into the knockout stages.
- Lopes has been Lyon’s key player since he has joined them. He has made 178 appearances for Lyon and has made many astonishing saves with his goalkeeping skills.
- After making his debut for the club in the 2012-13 season, he has been their first-choice goalkeeper since the 2013-14 Ligue 1 season.
- His maiden appearance in Ligue 1 took place on 28 April 2013, in a 1-1 home draw against AS Saint-Etienne in the Derby during Rhone where he made a stunning close-range save from Aubameyang.
- He made his UEFA champions league debut on 16 September 2015, in a 1-1 draw against Hubert Fournier. In his presence, Lyon had finished as runner-up in the Ligue 1 in two successive seasons (2014-15 and 2015-16).
- In June 2022, Lopes extended his contract to last until 2025.
International Career of Anthony Lopes
- Lopes opted to represent Portugal and made his International debut on 31 March 2015, in a 0-2 friendly defeat to Cape Verde. He was then selected in Portugal's squad for the 2016 UEFA European Championship held in France which saw Portugal emerge as the champions. He has represented Portugal in six International friendlies so far.
- He first represented Portugal at the Under-17 level on 23 January 2007. He then went on to play for Portugal U18, U19, U20 and U21 teams. It was his impressive performance for the Under-21 side that earned him a national call-up.
- On 31 March 2015, Lopes made his debut for the main squad, in a 0–2 friendly defeat to Cape Verde at the Estádio António Coimbra da Mota in Estoril. The following 17 May, he was selected by manager Fernando Sanos for his UEFA Euro 2016 squad.
- Lopes was also picked for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
- In October 2022, Lopes was named in a preliminary 55-man squad for the World Cup in Qatar. He was cut from the final list.
Personal Life of Anthony Lopes
Anthony Lopes is currently a married guy. He has two daughters named Eva and Nina Lopes. However, Lopes likes to keep his personal life private. He has not revealed the identity of his wife yet.
Body Features of Anthony Lopes
Anthony Lopes stands 1.84m i.e. six feet tall. He has a body weight of 81kg. He has a balanced body and maintained his body perfectly fit.
Net Worth of Anthony Lopes
The 32-years old Portuguese goalkeeper has an annual salary of around £3,432,000. He also receives bonuses and has endorsement deals. His current market value is estimated at around $23 million. As of 2023, the net worth of Anthony Lopes is estimated at $5 million.