Ariana DeBose Bio, Net Worth, Age, Facts, Boyfriend, Family, Ethnic Background, Awards, Parents, Height, Weight, Wiki, TV Shows, Career, Salary
Ariana DeBose is a talented American actress, singer, and dancer who is well recognized for playing Anita in Steven Spielberg's musical film "West Side Story" (2021). She is also known for playing the role of Disco Donna in the "Summer: The Donna Summer Musical" at La Jolla Playhouse in 2017 and at Lunt-Fontanne Theatre in 2018. In 2009, she appeared on the show "So You Think You Can Dance" and also made a guest appearance on CBS's "Blue Bloods". Ariana was seen in the taped version of "Hamilton", which was released in 2020 on Disney+. Following her success with "Hamilton", she was cast as Jane in "A Bronx Tale" and created a vlog called Bronx Bullet: Backstage at A Bronx Tale with Ariana DeBose. Additionally, on 6th January 2022, Ariana was announced as the host of "Saturday Night Live" on 15th January 2022.
- Being an American actress, singer, and dancer.
- For playing Anita in Steven Spielberg's musical film "West Side Story" (2021).
What is Ariana DeBose Nationality?
Ariana DeBose opened her eyes for the very first time on 25th January 1991 in Raleigh, North Carolina, U.S. She is of American nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity as her father is an Afro-Latino Puerto Rican and her mother is white, and she also has African-American and Italian ancestry. Similarly, her religious belief is in the Christian religion and her race is black. Ariana's present age is 30 which she celebrated back in 2021 and as per her birth date, her zodiac sign is Aquarius. Her mother, Gina DeBose, is an 8th-grade teacher whereas her father's details have not been disclosed yet.
Ariana DeBose Career Timeline
- Ariana DeBose began her career competing on the TV series "So You Think You Can Dance" in 2009, making it into the Top 20 after which she appeared on the soap opera "One Life to Live".
- Then she played Inez in the North Carolina Theatre's production of "Hairspray" before appearing in the role of Nautica in the 2011 Alliance Theatre production of "Bring It On".
- She starred in the ensemble of the New York Philharmonic production of "Company" as well as she appeared as Mary Wilson in "Motown" on Broadway in 2013. However, she left the show to play Eponine in a regional production of "Les Miserables", before returning to Broadway as a noble and a player in the musical "Pippin".
- As well, Ariana can be heard playing director/choreographer Zoey Taylor in "As the Curtain Rises".
- Later she left "Pippin" in 2015 to join the ensemble of the off-Broadway musical "Hamilton" whereas she also left "Hamilton" in July 2016 and made a guest appearance on the TV series "Blue Bloods" as Sophia Ortiz.
- Ariana released a dance-pop recording and video of Rodgers & Hammerstein's "Shall We Dance" for the album R&H Goes Pop in March 2021 and she also played Emma Tate in the parody musical comedy series "Schmigadoon!" on Apple TV+ in the following year. She will also star in the spy film "Argylle" for the service.
- Moreover, she played Anita in the 2021 film adaptation of the musical "West Side Story", directed by Steven Spielberg and it was announced in February 2021 that she would play Kira Foster in the upcoming film I.S.S".
- On 6th January 2022, DeBose was announced as the host of "Saturday Night Live" on 15th January 2022.
Awards and Achievements
- Chita Rivera Awards for her work in "Summer: The Donna Summer Musical"
- Dallas–Fort Worth Film Critics Association Awards for her work in "West Side Story"
- Detroit Film Critics Society Awards for her work in "West Side Story"
- Florida Film Critics Circle Awards for her work in "West Side Story"
- Georgia Film Critics Association Awards for her work in "West Side Story"
- Golden Globe Awards for her work in "West Side Story"
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards for her work in "West Side Story"
- New York Film Critics Online Awards for her work in "West Side Story"
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival Awards for her work in "West Side Story"
Who is Ariana DeBose Dating?
Ariana DeBose is an unmarried lady. She is single and hasn't been in any committed relationship. However, it would be no surprise to see her in a relationship in the near future as she is such beautiful. Therefore, Ariana is single at the very moment. Reflecting on her sexual orientation, she identifies as queer and came out to her grandparents in 2015.
What is the Net worth of Ariana DeBose?
Ariana DeBose has been in the film industry for quite a long time. She has a net worth of $3 million as of 2022 whereas she has also a handsome amount of salary which is also in thousands of dollars per year. In December 2020, Ariana and Jo Ellen Pellman launched the Unruly Hearts Initiative. The initiative was created to help young people connect with organizations and charities that advocate for the LGBTQ+ community. In addition, Ariana's major source of income is from her actress, singer, and dancer career.
How tall is Ariana DeBose?
Ariana DeBose is 5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm tall and her body weighs around 52 kg or 114.5 lbs. She has attractive short dark brown hair and eyes color. Ariana's body build type is slim and her body measurement is 32-25-33 inches.
Did You Know?
- In 2009, Ariana appeared on the show "So You Think You Can Dance".
- DeBose identifies as queer and came out to her grandparents in 2015.
- Her zodiac sign is Aquarius.
- She starred in the film Seaside in 2016 and was cast to star in the 2020 remake of West Side Story.
- She also made a guest appearance on CBS's "Blue Bloods".