Facts About Arsenio Hall
|Celebrated Name||Arsenio Hall|
|Age||67 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Arsenio Hall|
|Birth Name||Arsenio Cheron Hall|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Cleveland, Ohio|
|Best Known For||Host of "The Arsenio Hall Show".|
|School||Warrensville Heights High School|
|High School||John F Kennedy High School|
|University||Ohio University and Kent State University|
Arsenio Hall is an American actor, comedian, talk show host, writer, and producer who is well-known for hosting his own late-night talk show, "The Arsenio Hall Show"(1989-1994). He ran his show for 5 years and again revived it from 2013 to 2014. He is also known for his trademark gesture which is a rallying hand and an excited whooping.
Not only he is a host, but he is also a marvelous actor and has made appearances in several movies and shows including "Coming to America"(1988), "Coming 2 America"(2021), "Harlem Nights"(1989), and also for his starring role as Alan Thicke on the talk show, "Thicke of the Night".
Back in 2012, he even won NBC's reality-competition game show, "Celebrity Apprentice 5". Besides, he is active on social media sites with over 479k followers on Instagram: @arseniohall and 420k followers on Twitter: @ArsenioHall.
What Is Arsenio Hall famous for?
- Famous as a host of "The Arsenio Hall Show".
Where is Arsenio Hall from?
Arsenio Hall was born on February 12, 1956, in Cleveland, Ohio, United States. His birth name is Arsenio Hall. His nationality is American. Hall belongs to African-American ethnicity while Aquarius is his zodiac sign.
Arsenio Hall was born as the only son to his well-to-do parents; Fred Hall(father) and Annie Hall(mother). His father, Fred was a Baptist minister while his mother was a housewife. Arsenio even performed as a magician when he was a child.
Growing up in his hometown, Ohio, Hall did his schooling at Warrensville Heights High School where he graduated in 1973. He then attended John F Kennedy High School later joining Ohio University and Kent State University for his college education. Soon after his graduation, he moved to Chicago, and then Los Angeles, to pursue a career in comedy, making a couple of appearances on Soul Train.
Arsenio Hall's Career Highlights
- Arsenio Hall started his professional career as an announcer/sidekick for Alan Thicke during the short-lived talk show, "Thicke of the Night" in 1984.
- From 1986 to 1987, he voiced the role of Winston Zeddemore in the cartoon, "The Real Ghostbusters" for its first three seasons.
- Hal got his biggest break when he starred as a host on his own created late-night talk show, "The Arsenio Hall Show" since January 2, 1989. The show was a late-night success that rated high and began knowing for its audience's distinctive alternative to applause in chanting, "Woof, woof, woof!".
- He also hosted the MTV Video Music Awards between 1988 and 1991.
- He had a leading role on television shows; "Arsenio"(1997), "Martial Law with Sammo Hung"(1998–2000), "Star Search"(2003–2004).
- He also has guest co-hosted Wednesday evenings on The Tim Conway Jr. Show on KLSX 97.1 FM radio.
- He also hosted MyNetworkTV's comedic web video show The World's Funniest Moments and TV One's 100 Greatest Black Power Moves.
- He appeared regularly on "The Jay Leno Show", and was a guest on "Lopez Tonight".
- Hall was one of the contestants on the fifth edition of NBC's reality-competition game show, "The Celebrity Apprentice" which he eventually back in 2012.
- In 1988, he co-starred in the comedy film, "Coming to America", for which he even received awards as well.
- He will be reprising his role again in "Coming to America 2" in 2021.
- NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture(1988)
- American Comedy Award for Funniest Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture(1989)
- Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree from Central State University, Wilberforce, Ohio, Spring 1992.
Is Arsenio Hall married?
Arsenio Hall is currently single. He has been married just once to his only wife, Cheryl Bonacci whom she got married in 1987 till 2002. Spending almost 15 years together, the couple had a son named Arsenio Jr. Hall. He even spends most of his time raising his son until he reprised his talk show in 2013.
On May 5, 2016, Hall filed a $5 million defamation lawsuit against Sinéad O'Connor after she claimed that Hall was the one who had fueled Prince's drug which he later dropped after O'Connor apologized and retracted her allegation.
What is Arsenio Hall's net worth?
Arsenio Hall has surely had quite good earnings from his professional career as an actor, comedian, and talk show host. Having his career started in the year 1981, Hall has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the prominent talk show hosts in his decade-long career.
His own talk show, "The Arsenio Hall Show" earned him a million worth of fortune without a doubt. Also, for winning "The Celebrity Apprentice" in 2012, Hall won the $250,000 grand prize for his charity. His net worth is estimated to be around $15 million.
Arsenio Hall Height and Weight
Arsenio Hall is a good-looking man with a maintained body physique in his 60s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 11inch.(1.80m) while his body weighs around 77kg(169 lbs). He has a brown complexion with bald hair and black eyes.
Trivias About Arsenio Hall You Need To Know.
- His father was a Baptist minister.
- He has a trademark gesture which is a rallying hand and an excited whooping.
- He had filed a $5 million defamation lawsuit against Sinéad O'Connor after she claimed that Hall was the one who had fueled Prince's drug.