Facts About Ashlee Simpson
|Celebrated Name||Ashlee Simpson|
|Age||38 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Ashlee Simpson|
|Birth Name||Ashley Nicolle Simpson|
|Profession||Songwriter , Singer|
|Place Of Birth||Waco, Texas, United States|
|Net Worth||$11 M|
|Source of Wealth||Acting and singing career|
|Father||Joseph Truett "Joe" Simpson|
|Famous For||Being an Americansinger, songwriter and actress.|
|Best Known For||For being a younger sister of the famous singer, Jessica Simpson.|
|Awards||ASCAP Award TRL Award Best New Female Artist of the Year Japan Gold Disc Award|
Ashlee Simpson is an American singer, songwriter, and actress, who is popularly known as the younger sister of popular singer and actress Jessica Simpson. Ashlee got her first breakout with her appearance on the MTV's reality show, "Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica" along with her sister, Jessica, and her then-husband, Nick Lachey. Simpson made her identity as a solo star with her appearance in the reality series, "The Ashlee Simpson Show" as herself.
She also has appeared in a number of television shows and films including, "Malcolm in the Middle", "7th Heaven", "The Hot Chick", "Undiscovered" and in "CSI: NY". Simpson's debut single, "Pieces of Me" and debut album, "Autobiography", both were hit as it led to becoming her most successful album to date.
Simpson is also known for her marriage to her ex-husband, Pete Wentz(2008-2011), and her current husband, actor Evan Ross. Besides, Simpson is quite popular in social media sites with over 936k followers on her Instagram account: @ashleesimpsonross.
What is Ashlee Simpson Famous for?
- Famous as the younger sister of singer and actress, Jessica Simpson.
Where was Ashlee Simpson Born?
Ashlee Simpson was born on October 3, 1984, in Waco, Texas, United States. Her birth name is Ashlee Nicole Simpson. Her nationality is American. Simson belongs to White ethnicity while Libra is her zodiac sign.
Ashlee was born as the youngest child in a well-to-do family to Tina Ann(father) and Joseph Truett "Joe" Simpson(father). Her father, Joseph is a former psychologist and Baptist youth minister while her mother, Tina is a housewife. Simpson's parents, however, divorced in 2013.
Ashlee grew up along with her older sister, Jessica Simpson, who is a popular singer, actress, and fashion designer. Both of them were raised in Richardson, Texas, where they attended Prairie Creek Elementary and North Junior High.
Ashlee began taking classical ballet class when she was just three years old, and then got enrolled at the School of American Ballet in New York City when she was 11, becoming the youngest person ever to be admitted into the school.
She even suffered from an unnamed eating disorder for about six months. Later, the family relocated to Los Angeles, California in 1999, where Jessica pursued a singing career with her debut album, "Sweet Kisses". While Jessica launched her career, Ashlee began appearing in television commercials and her father, Joe, served as her agent.
Ashlee Simpson's Career Highlights
- Ashlee Simpson began her acting career with a minor guest appearance on an episode of the television sitcom, "Malcolm in the Middle" in 2001.
- A year later in 2002, Simpson played a small role as Monique in the Rob Schneider comedy film, "The Hot Chick".
- She joined the seventh season of the family drama "7th Heaven" as Cecilia Smith, and remained till its 8th season appearing in over 40 episodes.
- She released her first single titled "Just Let Me Cry" for the 2003 Lindsay Lohan movie, "Freaky Friday". Following this, she got signed to Geffen Records to release her debut studio album titled "Autobiography" in 2004. The album became was an instant hit which even became her first hit album and was featured on the Billboard 200. Her debut single from the album titled "Pieces of Me" released in 2004, also turned out to be a hit single became a top-five hit in the United States as well.
- Her first breakout came following her appearance on the MTV reality show, "Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica" in 2003. The show was focused on Ashlee's older sister Jessica and Jessica's then-husband Nick Lachey.
- Simpson got her first very own reality television series titled "The Ashlee Simpson Show" in 2004. The show earned her more popularity that ran till 2005.
- On October 23, 2004, Simpson appeared as a musical guest on an episode of "Saturday Night Live" where she met with a controversial incident after she was caught lip-synching in her performance that received significant media attention and was met with backlash.
- In 2005, her second album titled "I Am Me" was released that also debuted at the top of the Billboard 200, and went on to receive a platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- Following year, in 2006, she was cast as Roxie Hart in the Broadway production musical, "Chicago". Later, she reprised her role as Roxie in the film.
- In 2007, she recorded her third studio album titled "Bittersweet World" which was released in 2008. The album reached number 4 on the Billboard 200.
- In 2009, she returned to television joining the series, "Melrose Place" playing the main role of Violet Foster.
- Simpson then appeared in the reality show, "America's Next Top Model" in 2011 till 2013. She also appeared playing a role in the crime-comedy film, "Pawn Shop Chronicles".
- She independently released the single "Bat for a Heart"(2012) from her fourth album, though it failed to have success.
- In 2018, Simpson voiced of Strelka in the animated movie, "Space Dogs Adventure to the Moon".
- On September 9, 2018, Simpson returned to the world of TV-reality shows with the reality show, "Ashlee+Evan" along with her husband, Evan Ross, on E! Entertainment Television. Two days earlier, on September 7, the couple released their debut single, "I Do".
- Besides, Simpson has appeared as a model in numerous international fashion magazines, including US Women's Health, Jane, CosmoGirl, Shape, Allure, YM, Marie Claire, Redbook, and Seventeen; Germany's Glamour.
Who is Ashlee Simpson's Husband?
Ashlee Simpson has married two times. She was first married to Pete Wenz. Wenz is a popular whom she began dating in 2006. After dating for 2 years, the couple confirmed their engagement in April 2008 and eventually got married on May 17, 2008, at Simpson's parents' residence in Encino, California.
Just 2 weeks after their marriage, Simpson announced of expecting their first baby, a son named Bronx Mowgli, who was born on November 20, 2008. Simpson even had changed her surname to Ashlee Simpson-Wentz briefly until February 8, 2011, when Simpson filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences that were finalized on November 22, 2011.
Simpson is currently married to her second husband, Evan Ross. Ross is a popular actor and musician who is also known as the son of the Supremes lead singer, Diana Ross. Evan and Ashlee began dating since 2013 after Ashlee broke up with actor, Vincent Piazza. Evan and Ashlee shortly after dating got engaged in January 2014 and eventually got married on August 30, 2014, at Ross' mother's estate in Connecticut.
Just 4 months after their marriage, they announced that they were expecting their first child together, a daughter named Jagger Snow Ross whom they welcomed on July 30, 2015. On April 30, 2020, the couple announced that they were expecting their second child together whose gender was revealed to be a boy.
Previously, Simpson dated several boys including Josh Henderson, an actor with whom she dated from January 2002 until 2003. Their break up was also shown on the premiere episode of the reality television show, "The Ashlee Simpson Show". She then briefly dated actor Carson Daly from July to August 2003, Actor, Gregory Smith from 2003 till 2004, Ryan Cabrera in 2005. Her relation with singer and musician, Ryan made controversial headlines at the time.
She also dated Tyler Hoechlin, Nick Carter, Wilmer Valderrama, Braxton Olita, and Vincent Piazza. After her divorce from Pete, she dated Boardwalk Empire star Vincent Piazza with whom her relation lasted for a year from 2011 till 2012.
What is the Net Worth of Ashlee Simpson?
Ashlee Simpson has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress and singer. Working in this field for over a decade, she has managed to amass a healthy fortune from her several movies and TV series. She also makes money from her music albums, endorsements deals including "Liquid Ice" breath mints and Pizza Hut along with her sister, Jessica Simpson and HP Printers and Computers.
Her estimated net worth is around $13 million. While her husband, Evan Ross has a whopping net worth of around $30 million with over $2.4 million annual income. Besides, earlier in 2005, Simpson was listed as one of the "Richest Young Celebrities", with earnings of $8.3 million by Forbes.
How Tall is Ashlee Simpson?
Ashlee Simpson is a gorgeous lady in her 30s. With her perfectly maintained slim body physique, blonde hair, and green eyes, she has managed to win several hearts all over the world. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 4½inch.(1.64 m) while her body weighs around 55kg(121 lbs). She has a slim body of measurement 34-24-35 inches with 32 B as her bra size, 8(US) as her shoe size, and 4(US) as her dress size.