Last updated on August 3rd, 2022 at 10:10 pm
Facts About Ashley Judd
|Celebrated Name||Ashley Judd|
|Age||55 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Ash, Sweet Pea|
|Birth Name||Ashley Tyler Ciminella|
|Profession||Actress , Political Activist|
|Place Of Birth||Los Angeles, California, U.S|
|Birth Nation||United States of America|
|Famous For||Actress, Activist|
|Education||Harvard University and UC Berkeley|
|Marital Status||Married But Divorced|
|Spouse||Dario Franchitti (M. 2001; Div. 2013)|
|Father||Michael C. Ciminella|
|Hair Color||Light Ash Brown|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches|
|Body Measurement||34-24-35 inches|
|Bra Cup Size||34A|
|Net Worth||$22 Million|
|Shoe Size||8 (US)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Educational Qualification||Mid-Career Master of Public Administration Degree (MC/MPA)|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook Instagram Wikipedia Twitter|
Golden Globe-nominated American actress, Ashley Judd has acted in more than 20 films and is known for her devotion to humanitarian work. She was voted as one of the 25 Most Intriguing People by People magazine and was also ranked at number 20 on the FHM magazine’s list of Sexiest Women in the World.
With a film career that has lasted more than 15 years, She has managed to make her mark as a powerful performer, versatile actress, and most importantly a passionate and devoted humanitarian. Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Ashley Judd famous for?
- An American actress and a political activist.
What nationality is Ashley Judd?
Recalling her early life, Ashley was born as Ashley Tyler Ciminella in Granada Hills, Los Angeles, U.S.A. Her parents are Michael Charles Ciminella, a marketing analyst, and Naomi Judd, a country music singer. Her half-sister, Wynonna Judd, is also a country music singer. Her mother, Naomi Judd, passed away on April 20, 2022, near Nashville, Tennessee. She passes away at the age of 76 from a mental disorder (suicide cause).
After her parents divorced in 1972, she was raised by her mother in Kentucky, where he spent much of her childhood. She also lived for a brief period in Marin County, California.
Similarly, she is an American nationality and belongs to the White ethnicity. Further, her birth sign is Aries.
Where did Ashley Judd attend college?
Concerning her education, Ashley attended about 13 schools including, Sayre School, Paul G. Blazer High School, and Franklin High School. Later, She enrolled at the University of Kentucky.
She subsequently earned a Mid-Career Master of Public Administration degree (MC/MPA) from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University in 2010. After that, She enrolled at UC Berkeley to pursue a Ph.D. in Public Policy at the Goldman School of Public Policy.
When did Ashley Judd begin her acting career?
- Moving towards her career, Ashley got her breakthrough role in the film, Ruby in Paradise in 1993. In the film, she played the title role of Ruby Lee Gissing.
- In 1995, she played the role of Charlene Shiherlis in the Michael Mann crime film, Heat. The same year, she was seen in the films Smoke and The Passion of Darkly Noon.
- In 1996, she played the title role of Norma Jean in the film, Norma Jean & Marilyn. Subsequently, she also acted in the American crime drama film, Normal Life.
- In 1997, she was seen in the American crime thriller film, Kiss the Girls, which was based on a novel of the same name. The same year, she also played the role of Kitty in the film, The Locusts.
- In 1998, she played the role of Rebecca Wentworth in the film Simon Birch. The following year, she was seen in the films Double Jeopardy and Eye of the Beholder.
- In 2000, she was seen in the drama romance film, Where the Heart Is, which was directed by Matt Williams. The next year, she was seen in the film, Someone Like You.
- In 2002, she acted in the biographical film, Frida, in which she played the role of Tina Modotti. The same year, she was seen in the films, High Crimes and Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.
- In 2004, she earned a Golden Globe nomination for her role as Linda Porter in the biographical film, De-Lovely. The same year, she also played the role of Jessica Shepard in the film Twisted.
- In 2006, she was seen in the film, Come Early Morning. She was subsequently seen in the films, Bug, India's Hidden Plague, Helen, Tooth Fairy, and Crossing Over.
- In 2011, she played the role of Lorraine Nelson in the family drama film, Dolphin Tale. The same year, she also appeared in the Rob Minkoff film, Flypaper.
- In 2012, he starred in the mystery thriller TV series, Missing, which was created by Gregory Poirier. She played the role of Rebecca BeccaWinstone in the series.
- In 2013, she played the role of First Lady Margaret Asher in the American action thriller film, Olympus Has Fallen, which was directed by Antoine Fuqua.
- She also starred in Big Stone Gap (2014), Dolphin Tale 2 (2014), The Divergent Series: Insurgent (2015), The Divergent Series; Allegiant (2016), and Barry (2016).
- In 2017, she appeared in the thriller drama film, Trafficked.
- Alongside, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Edward James Olmos, Ashley Judd starred in a family adventure film, A Dog's Home in 2019.
- She played the character of B.B. Yates in the American drama television series, Berlin Station from 2017 to 2019.
What is Ashley Judd doing now?
- Ashley Judd is an activist and feminist. She is an advocate for those who are poor and uneducated. AIDS has been one area of focus. She is an ambassador for YouthAIDS.
- Not only does she speak to diplomats and leaders of the world, but she has also used her vocal talents in documentaries for the organization. Other charities and organizations she supports focus on children's health, wildlife, and women's rights.
- For more than a decade, Her humanitarian work has focused on gender equality and the sexual and reproductive health and rights of women and girls. In 2016, she was appointed a Goodwill Ambassador for UNFPA, the United Nations reproductive health and rights agency.
- In May 2018, she had so far visited UNFPA's projects for women and girls affected by humanitarian crises in Jordan, Turkey, Ukraine, and Bangladesh, and its development work in India and Sri Lanka.
Who is Ashley Judd married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Ashley Judd married car race driver Dario Franchitti in 2001. The pair lived together for almost 12 years and later relationship turn into sour and got divorced in 2013. After that, she did not marry and lived a single life happily.
What is the net worth of Ashley Judd?
Being a part of the entertainment industry, Ashley earns an impressive amount of money and fame through her profession as an actress and political activist. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth is said to be $22 million at present. However, her salary and vehicle information is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Ashley Judd?
Observing her body physics, Ashley stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches and weighs around 61 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of hazel eyes and light ash brown hair color. She used 34A bra size and 4 (US) dress sizes. Further, she has a slim body with a body measurement of 34-24-35 inches.
Trivias About Ashley Judd You Need To Know.
- A self-proclaimed feminist.
- She is a worldwide Spokesperson for Youth AIDS International.
- Once had an abortion after getting pregnant by a rapist.
- Ashley is named after a Kentucky town called Ashland, which is an eighth-generation Kentuckian.
- While at the University of Kentucky, she worked for the student-run radio station WRFL as a DJ along with Matt Dacey.
- For raising funds for the University of Kentucky hockey team, she posed in an ice hockey jersey for a poster.
- In 2015, Judd set the record of becoming the first woman to narrate the inauguration of the Kentucky Derby telecast.
- The celebrity has written about the NCAA championships as a guest columnist for a local newspaper in Kentucky.